• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sales Thread To Benefit Aurora-Sellers Ship If Marked $PD on Page 1

342 posts in this topic

Grab Bag available at $100 shipped. It will ship flat rate priority mail in a Medium sized Flat Rate Box. Contents to include Silver Age, Bronze Age, Copper Age, and Modern Age comics and possibly some other items. Outside the states, contact me for quote on shipping.

Three available.

Pay treasurer directly.

I'll take one! :)

Mego Batmobile - $25

Pay treasurer directly. I'll handle shipping.

Not complete. Missing one of the front grills and the pipes in the back. Sticker on one side has wear. All stickers are there and others present well. Have some more pics and can answer questions as well.

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

Edit -- Bumped down the price and I will also throw in a 1978 Spiderman Matchbox car:

hot-wheels-spider-man-car-4.jpg

Not actual picture, but same car.

:takeit: What the heck it's for a good cause. (thumbs u

Mego Batmobile - $25

Pay treasurer directly. I'll handle shipping.

Not complete. Missing one of the front grills and the pipes in the back. Sticker on one side has wear. All stickers are there and others present well. Have some more pics and can answer questions as well.

Edit -- Bumped down the price and I will also throw in a 1978 Spiderman Matchbox car:

Not actual picture, but same car.

:takeit: What the heck it's for a good cause. (thumbs u

Guess it's my job to declare ^^

THUVIA MAID OF MARS by Edgar Rice Burroughs - Grosset & Dunlap 1920

Illustrated by J. Allen St. John

Good tight cover and intact hinges. Scuff right side of front cover, wear to top, middle and bottom spine. Pencilled price on front endpaper, inked name and date inside front cover. Very nice pages.

Notes: I pay shipping, 100% of the proceeds to charity and buyer pays the treasurer.

Price: $15 ($18 if sending to Canada)

SOLD! Thank you!

Grab Bag available at $100 shipped. It will ship flat rate priority mail in a Medium sized Flat Rate Box. Contents to include Silver Age, Bronze Age, Copper Age, and Modern Age comics and possibly some other items. Outside the states, contact me for quote on shipping.

Three available.

Pay treasurer directly.

I'll take one! :)

Winner means there's only two left!

No probies...no HOSers...no deadbeats... :sumo:

Shipping's on me to North America...UK/elsewhere donate an additional $10 bucks and shipping's still on me...

FANTASTIC FOUR #94 CGC 9.0 OWW

Little bit offset FC to BC but very straight...nice copy!

GPA last sale $71 May 2012.

Donation: $75

Donate an additonal $25 and I'll throw in one of the following raw issues, your choice: 90 (VF), 91 (VF-), 92 (VF) or 93 (FN-VF)...and one additional mystery prize!. Scans available upon request...but I'm not around much tomorrow (my wife's birthday!)...

FANTASTICFOUR94CGC90OWW.jpg

OK...let's move this auction/donation item...if the FF 94 sells I will match the sales price with an additional $75 donation...if you make it the $100 package...I will match the $100... :wishluck:

Shipping's on me to North America...UK/elsewhere donate an additional $10 bucks and shipping's still on me...

Donate an additonal $25 and I'll throw in one of the following raw issues, your choice: 90 (VF), 91 (VF-), 92 (VF) or 93 (FN-VF)...and one additional mystery prize!. Scans available upon request...but I'm not around much tomorrow (my wife's birthday!)...

OK...let's move this auction/donation item...if the FF 94 sells I will match the sales price with an additional $75 donation...if you make it the $100 package...I will match the $100... :wishluck:

That's a tremendous offer! Someone will do a great thing buying this item!

I have a couple more I'd like to add :hi:

R. Crumb's Heroes of Blues, Jazz & Country

Illustrated by R. Crumb, Introduction by Terry Zwigoff

Brand new. Never read/listened to.

$21.95

Please pay the Treasurer. I'll pay for shipping

Anyone who knows R. Crumb’s work as an illustrator knows of his passion for music. And all those who collect his work prize the Heroes of the Blues, Early Jazz Greats, and Pioneers of Country Music trading card sets he created in the early to- mid-1980s. Now they are packaged together for the first time in book form, along with an exclusive 21-track CD of music selected and compiled by Crumb himself (featuring original recordings by Charley Patton, “Dock” Boggs, “Jelly Roll” Morton, and others). A bio of each musician is provided, along with a full-color original illustration by the cartoonist. A characteristically idiosyncratic tribute by an underground icon to the musical innovators who helped inspire him, R. Crumb’s Heroes of Blues, Jazz & Country is a must-have collection for Crumb aficionados, comics fans, and music lovers alike.

crumb.jpg

crumba.jpg

The Art of Daniel Clowes, Modern Cartoonist

By Alvin Buenaventura with an introduction by George Meyer

Brand new autographed copy.

$40.00

Throughout his 25-year career, alternative cartoonist/screenwriter Daniel Clowes has always been ahead of artistic and cultural movements. In the late 1980s his groundbreaking comic book series Eightball defined indie culture with wit, venom, and even a little sympathy. With each successive graphic novel (Ghost World, David Boring, Ice Haven, Wilson, Mister Wonderful ), Clowes has been praised for his emotionally compelling narratives that reimagine the ways that stories can be told in comics. The Art of Daniel Clowes: Modern Cartoonist is the first monograph on this award-winning, New York Times–bestselling creator, compiled with his complete cooperation. It includes all of Clowes’s best-known illustrations as well as rare and previously unpublished work, all reproduced from the original art, and also includes essays by noted contributors such as designer Chip Kidd and cartoonist Chris Ware.

clowes.jpg

clowesa.jpg

That's a tremendous offer! Someone will do a great thing buying this item!

:takeit: The $100 package. I'll get back to you on which secondary book i'll take..

Pay Steve tomorrow,

The Art of Jaime Hernandez

The Secrets of Life and Death

By Todd Hignite, with an Introduction by Alison Bechdel

Brand new

$40.00

In 1981 three Mexican-American brothers self-published their first comic book, Love and Rockets, and “changed American cartooning forever” according to Publishers Weekly. Over twenty-five years later it is still being published to critical and commercial success.

Jaime Hernandez’s moving stories chronicle the lives of some of the most memorable and fully formed characters the comics form has ever seen. His female protagonists, masterfully delineated with humor, candor, and breathtaking realism, come to life within California’s Mexican-American culture and punk milieu.

In April 2006 Hernandez began serializing his work with the New York Times Magazine—all of which will be collected here in full color. The notoriously private artist has opened his archives for the first time, revealing never-before-seen sketches, childhood drawings, and unpublished work, alongside his most famous Love and Rockets material.

Side Note: I remember when Love and Rockets was just starting out and EVERYONE at Hi De Ho championed the book and the brothers right outta the gate. I remember thinking how cool it was that they were from Oxnard and not NYC. It was my very first experience with independently published comics. They used to visit the store a lot.

jaime.jpg

jaimea.jpg

I have a couple more I'd like to add :hi:

R. Crumb's Heroes of Blues, Jazz & Country

Illustrated by R. Crumb, Introduction by Terry Zwigoff

Brand new. Never read/listened to.

$21.95

Anyone who knows R. Crumb’s work as an illustrator knows of his passion for music. And all those who collect his work prize the Heroes of the Blues, Early Jazz Greats, and Pioneers of Country Music trading card sets he created in the early to- mid-1980s. Now they are packaged together for the first time in book form, along with an exclusive 21-track CD of music selected and compiled by Crumb himself (featuring original recordings by Charley Patton, “Dock” Boggs, “Jelly Roll” Morton, and others). A bio of each musician is provided, along with a full-color original illustration by the cartoonist. A characteristically idiosyncratic tribute by an underground icon to the musical innovators who helped inspire him, R. Crumb’s Heroes of Blues, Jazz & Country is a must-have collection for Crumb aficionados, comics fans, and music lovers alike.

crumb.jpg

crumba.jpg

:takeit:

I'd like to donate something (sorry, no pic of the actual issue just yet but will add later):

X-Men 114 (first issue of Morrison/Quitely run) CGC 9.8

2hxc6fa.jpg

$25 shipped free to UK.

US/International contact me and we can work something out.

100% donation, pay direct to treasurer.

Adam

Heavy Metal # 1 (CGC 9.8) $375 shipped

Please forward payment to Steve on this one. 100% donated.

HeavyMetal1cgc98OWW.jpg

:takeit:

Very generous Jive. (thumbs u

Thank you sir. Glad to do it, and hope it does some good in the long run.