• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Holy!

Since Thursday, 'X-Men: DoFP' has taken in an additional $7.3 MM as of Day 31 of box office release. It looks like the bulk of the change was on the domestic front.

At this point, 'X-Men: DoFP' has the same market breakout that 'The Wolverine' had at the end of its box office run (32% domestic, 68% international). We'll see if that leads to any shift.

tRjc8WK.png

XLfHzSX.png

Wow! This is going to be an interesting weekend for DoFP.

The box office is still being updated, and the worldwide total keeps going up for this weekend.

Domestic: $216,794,000

International: $475,272,000

Worldwide: $692,066,000

It's a mix of a consistent $1 MM (+) daily since Thursday domestically, and then the international box office jumped $14,240,715 over that same period.

This movie may just break $700 MM worldwide once it has ran its course.

:wishluck:

I just came back from seeing it too! I loved it!

The fiery mutant is Sunspot. As far as your other question, I don't know who that mutant was in the tent...or the one with the spikes and the black eyes for that matter. (shrug)

Here's my dumb question...if Quicksilver puts on the headphones and listens to music as he's running in his big scene, wouldn't he hear less than a second of music? Presumably, he could have a sped up version of his songs, but what format was it on, anyway? It was 1973. Those headphones looked pretty advanced for the time, too.

Nitpicks aside, I thought is was great!

Sunspot! doh! I always remembered him as all black. They made him look like the Human Torch that is why I was confused. Just remembered who the mutant with the power to make people sick was Caliban of the Morlocks who became Pestilence/Death. Guess he won't be one of the Horsemen though since they depicted the Four Horsemen in the teaser at the end.

Wow! This is going to be an interesting weekend for DoFP.

The box office is still being updated, and the worldwide total keeps going up for this weekend.

Domestic: $216,794,000

International: $475,272,000

Worldwide: $692,066,000

It's a mix of a consistent $1 MM (+) daily since Thursday domestically, and then the international box office jumped $14,240,715 over that same period.

This movie may just break $700 MM worldwide once it has ran its course.

:wishluck:

Sunday's data was updated to reflect final counts.

twGyO5b.png

T1pFDlR.png

GLOBAL: Strong Brazil Bow Sends 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' to $43.5 Million Overseas Weekend; 'Maleficent' Takes $20.3 Million in China on June 22, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past reeled in another $11.3 million from 47 markets, including Venezuela's $1.7 million first place debut (just 2 percent behind Iron Man 3). Holdover markets Brazil ($1.3m, down only 34%), and the UK ($981K, down only 35%) lift the international cume to an impressive $477.3m. The global total is now $694.3 million.

Now that Venezuela finally had its opening, the total should update in the next few days as this film gets closer to $700 MM.

Domestic: $218,579,891

Foreign: $477,900,000

-----------------------------------

Worldwide: $696,479,891

Between Venezuela's opening weekend and two days of box office extra, 'X-Men: DoFP' inches closer to the $700 MM mark.

:applause:

As of Sunday, the estimates are becoming more confirmed results. Based on this, 'X-Men: DoFP' has broken another barrier.

Domestic: $223,393,000

---------------------------------

Worldwide: $701,293,000

:applause::applause:

As of Sunday, the estimates are becoming more confirmed results. Based on this, 'X-Men: DoFP' has broken another barrier.

Vindicated!!! :acclaim:

And this is only Day 38, which means there is more room for box office growth. Though it will slow down where we won't see huge jumps.

And this is only Day 38, which means there is more room for box office growth. Though it will slow down where we won't see huge jumps.

It will also make money in second run theaters, pay for view, premium channels and DVD/Bluray sales.

It will also make money in second run theaters, pay for view, premium channels and DVD/Bluray sales.

Very true! Just look at the results from 'The Wolverine' when it comes to DVD and Blu-Ray sales from 12/8/13 to 4/13/14. And this is just the domestic numbers.

Domestic DVD Sales: $33,731,142

Domestic Blu-ray Sales: $39,754,710

--------------------------------------------------

Total Domestic Video Sales: $73,485,852

'X-Men: DoFP' adds another $500K Monday.

LoDov4T.png

rnTOrOr.png

This movie is definitely exceeding expectations. And as a franchise, for a little over $1 billion Fox has a $3 billion gem in its collection. Not bad!

:applause:

Finally saw it.

I think the make up and cgc were very good. The story overall was pretty good except

Xavier's drug problem

I think the heroes could have had more action roles. Winter soldier gets my nod for superhero of the year. We'll see if Sin City beats it for comic film of the year. DC should hurry up and come out with better quality films.

Overall, I like first class better.