• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

And those numbers are in billions of dollars worldwide. So as of 2013, the entire box office had a combined worth of $35.9 billion.

That's a lot of potential revenue to capture for the studios.

This was not always the case. At some point there was a watershed. Assuming that the data presented for X-Men films is accurate, X-Men 1 had a larger domestic take than international. And that movie had subtitles as well, so thanks for being patronizing.

The rest of the world, particularly the developing world, has become much much wealthier since X-Men 1. The BRIC (Brazil, Russia, China and India) movie market would've been barely a rounding error when X-Men 1 came out, and the international market back then would probably have been mostly comprised of Europe, the UK, Japan and Australia.

Today, in addition to the BRIC, countries like Mexico, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Turkey are all sizeable markets.

Finally, overseas pirating has forced the studios to change their tactics. In the old days, movies would be released in the US and then weeks, maybe months later, the movies would reach the overseas market. So it was hard to do any meaningful references to the global box office since those numbers would've started coming in well after the domestic box office had already started to play out. Today, because of rampant pirating that results in pirated DVDs hitting the streets days after a movie's US debut, the studios usually do a global theatrical premiere, and in some cases blockbusters open overseas before they do in the US, to preempt eager foreign fan boys who buy krappy quality pirated DVDs because they don't want to wait a month to see the new American blockbuster in the theater.

Finally watch this on Father's Day...Not an X-Men fan (comics) but this was really enjoyable! Is it me or are the last 2 incarnations of X-Men much better than the first trilogy?

ED!!!!

Finally watch this on Father's Day...Not an X-Men fan (comics) but this was really enjoyable! Is it me or are the last 2 incarnations of X-Men much better than the first trilogy?

ED!!!!

Oh snap!!! :o Rodney LIVES!!!

Wassup David! I'll PM you buddy!

^^

At its 26th day, and this movie keeps bringing in over a $1 MM daily.

Domestic: $208,532,577

Foreign: $461,031,285

------------------------------------

Worldwide: $669,563,862

:applause:(worship):applause:(worship)

The latest box office results:

X-Men: DoFP is catching up with The Wolverine's profit ratio, and should exceed it after this weekend once Thursday through Sunday is tallied. The tradeoff of domestic versus international box office results is the largest ever, with the domestic results being the lowest of the franchise though it has easily surpassed $200 MM.

AHxGvvx.png

43v3HCq.png

The latest box office results:

X-Men: DoFP is catching up with The Wolverine's profit ratio, and should exceed it after this weekend once Thursday through Sunday is tallied. The tradeoff of domestic versus international box office results is the largest ever, with the domestic results being the lowest of the franchise though it has easily surpassed $200 MM.

AHxGvvx.png

43v3HCq.png

Nick, great job with this useful info along with the updates. (thumbs u

Thanks!

Edited by akaSteveRogers

I finally saw it tonight. I really enjoyed it! :headbang:

Question though (I hope this isn't stupid)... who the heck is the mutant in the future covered in flames? And who is the one in the army troop that is quarantined that causes people to become sick? ???

I just came back from seeing it too! I loved it!

The fiery mutant is Sunspot. As far as your other question, I don't know who that mutant was in the tent...or the one with the spikes and the black eyes for that matter. (shrug)

Here's my dumb question...if Quicksilver puts on the headphones and listens to music as he's running in his big scene, wouldn't he hear less than a second of music? Presumably, he could have a sped up version of his songs, but what format was it on, anyway? It was 1973. Those headphones looked pretty advanced for the time, too.

Nitpicks aside, I thought is was great!

I just came back from seeing it too! I loved it!

The fiery mutant is Sunspot. As far as your other question, I don't know who that mutant was in the tent...or the one with the spikes and the black eyes for that matter. (shrug)

Here's my dumb question...if Quicksilver puts on the headphones and listens to music as he's running in his big scene, wouldn't he hear less than a second of music? Presumably, he could have a sped up version of his songs, but what format was it on, anyway? It was 1973. Those headphones looked pretty advanced for the time, too.

Nitpicks aside, I thought is was great!

HAHAHA

I thought the exact same thing.

I then thought that maybe he's not listening to music at all, and the headphones are to keeps his ears from popping at high rates of speed, just like the goggles would keeps his eyes from drying out(think high speeds on a motorcycle without glasses)

I've been reading up on his powers since I wasn't super familiar with him, and it's fascinating to think about.

The thing that gets me is that not only can he move that fast, but he also thinks that fast, so that slow-mo appearance of the kitchen is how things appear to him at all times, and it's said that's why he's so irritable, because he's always waiting for the rest of the world to catch up with him.