• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Marvel Boss Kevin Feige Shares His Thoughts On Fox's X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

-----------------------

Feige admits that Bryan Singer's "inbetweenquel" is a movie he's been giving a lot of thought to. "I've been thinking about Days of Future Past a lot, which I had nothing to do with, in terms of the resurrection of a franchise. I think they did a very good job with that."

-----------------------

It's nice when competing studio executives can be honest with their opinions that they appreciate another studio's movies.

:applause:

-----------------------

"On Iron Man 3, I thought a lot about X-Men 3 and Spider-Man 3 and I thought a lot about Toy Story 3, and how to avoid falling into threequelitis, which is why we went down a lot of the roads we went down on that movie."

-----------------------

My main issue with IM3 is it felt like Robert Downey JR's send-off, along with the path taken with The Mandarin. It saddens me how they had an amazing actor, and they ended up putting him in a much less impactful role. I just can't watch that movie again.

:(

Looks like Fox Studios is not done with helping X-Men: DoFP at the box office.

CINEMA BLEND: X-Men: Days Of Future Past's Desperate Plan To Become The Series' Highest Grossing Film

---------------------

While you may think that the race is over, considering that Days of Future Past is entering its 16th week of release, the reality is that 20th Century Fox isn't giving up yet. Instead, the studio has given the movie a small but significant push in the last couple weeks, presumably in an attempt to try and claim a very important record for the marketing department.

---------------------

I found this to be a really good read on the foundations of how this film came together, and where the franchise is going.

FORBES: Simon Kinberg On 'Days Of Future Past' And What's Next For X-Men

---------------------

The X-Men franchise has always performed well, but never at the levels seen for Days of Future Past. The latest entry is by far the highest-grossing of the franchise, to the tune of $746 million in worldwide theatrical receipts — more than 60% higher than the previous top-grossing X-Men movie, X-Men: The Last Stand, and more than 80% above the performance of the last film in the series larger X-Men film family, 2013’s The Wolverine.

X-Men: Days of Future Past lifted the seven-film franchise to an overall box office cume exceeding $3 billion. The combined Blu-ray and DVD sales for the franchise top $612 million for the previous six movies, a figure that doesn’t count rentals and likewise excludes Digital-HD sales and rentals. The likely Blu-ray and DVD sales total for Days of Future Past should come in somewhere in the $100 million range, give or take, with the digital side of home sales adding an increasingly hefty sum to the finally tally on home entertainment.

---------------------

I don't see Fox turning this back over to Marvel any time soon.

I found this to be a really good read on the foundations of how this film came together, and where the franchise is going.

FORBES: Simon Kinberg On 'Days Of Future Past' And What's Next For X-Men

---------------------

The X-Men franchise has always performed well, but never at the levels seen for Days of Future Past. The latest entry is by far the highest-grossing of the franchise, to the tune of $746 million in worldwide theatrical receipts — more than 60% higher than the previous top-grossing X-Men movie, X-Men: The Last Stand, and more than 80% above the performance of the last film in the series larger X-Men film family, 2013’s The Wolverine.

X-Men: Days of Future Past lifted the seven-film franchise to an overall box office cume exceeding $3 billion. The combined Blu-ray and DVD sales for the franchise top $612 million for the previous six movies, a figure that doesn’t count rentals and likewise excludes Digital-HD sales and rentals. The likely Blu-ray and DVD sales total for Days of Future Past should come in somewhere in the $100 million range, give or take, with the digital side of home sales adding an increasingly hefty sum to the finally tally on home entertainment.

---------------------

I don't see Fox turning this back over to Marvel any time soon.

Sell high?

I watched it for the first time too yesterday night. I really enjoyed it. I would rank it fourth in the franchise though.

#1. X2: X-Men United***1/2

#2: X-Men: First Class***1/2

#3: X-Men***

It had stunning visuals and (as almost always) well-played characters, but it just felt too familiar and because of sequelitis there was no suspense for me during the climax. Three stars.

#5: The Wolverine**1/2

#6: X-Men: The Last Stand**

#7: X-Men Origins: Wolverine*1/2

I watched it for the first time too yesterday night. I really enjoyed it. I would rank it fourth in the franchise though.

It had stunning visuals and (as almost always) well-played characters, but it just felt too familiar and because of sequelitis there was no suspense for me during the climax. Three stars.

I think I would have it at three, but can't go wrong either way!

I thought this was a really good movie. I've watched it a few times now because it had something different about the storyline.

The only detractor I could have done without is Viper. What a throwaway character that was after a while. They should have limited her to five minutes of screen time.

I thought this was a really good movie. I've watched it a few times now because it had something different about the storyline.

The only detractor I could have done without is Viper. What a throwaway character that was after a while. They should have limited her to five minutes of screen time.

You know, I didn't mind Viper and I really liked this one while watching it, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of too much FOX studio "control" out of my head. They were injecting too much story (Elektra) into something that should have gradually trickled out plot elements in previous movies. The tell-tale sign was hiring Jackman's "Kate & Leopold" independent film director James Mangold. Jackman probably felt he would be a pushover for a big Hollywood production. The intimate charcter scenes felt out of place with the 2nd unit action ones, ruining a tone and balance. The Famke Janssen parts felt out of place too, considering she has been dead for a decade on celluloid. You're a comicbook movie character, who wasn't really dating her, move on to the next "doomed" love.

I think I would have it at three, but can't go wrong either way!

Yup, it really teeters between three & four. I gave the original the third position in the end because of it's "importance" to the franchise and comicbook movies in general.

You know, I didn't mind Viper and I really liked this one while watching it, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of too much FOX studio "control" out of my head. They were injecting too much story (Elektra) into something that should have gradually trickled out plot elements in previous movies. The tell-tale sign was hiring Jackman's "Kate & Leopold" independent film director James Mangold. Jackman probably felt he would be a pushover for a big Hollywood production. The intimate charcter scenes felt out of place with the 2nd unit action ones, ruining a tone and balance. The Famke Janssen parts felt out of place too, considering she has been dead for a decade on celluloid. You're a comicbook movie character, who wasn't really dating her, move on to the next "doomed" love.

I guess in his mind, not only did Logan love her - he was forced to kill her. So he is haunted by this memory, along with everything else that has taken place in his life. I kind of got that feeling even in his scenes with Tao Okamoto. No matter what or where he was, he couldn't shake off what he had done.

I guess in comic books, we kill people and then move on. No muss , no fuss.

:baiting: