• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,129 posts in this topic

Are there really so many people who think that the X Men are such a weak concept that they are nothing without Wolverine? Really?

Yes he is a great character (though he has appeared in many, many mediocre appearances over the years) but the X Men are a lot more than Wolverine and a bunch of guys.

Are there really so many people who think that the X Men are such a weak concept that they are nothing without Wolverine? Really?

Yes he is a great character (though he has appeared in many, many mediocre appearances over the years) but the X Men are a lot more than Wolverine and a bunch of guys.

Wolvie must be in this movie, purely so we can all revel in him getting utterly pwned by a Sentinel.

Then again, the studio would only disregard the original storyline and have him survive and wipe out the sentinels single-handedly.

No x- men without wolvie, as far as mass appeal to non- comic geeks is concerned. Would be like never putting daleks in the dr who reboot.

Wolvie must be in this movie, purely so we can all revel in him getting utterly pwned by a Sentinel.

+1

Maybe dealers can chime in on this, but whenever you see speculation on books that are in mass quantity and have many high grade graded copies, do you see more of an increase in price and demand for lower grade copies?

I love the X-Men films unconditionally. I'm glad they are making more movies, and I will always go see them in the theater. However, now that we've had so many Marvel films that have wonderful continuity - I worry that the very disjointed X-stuff will become a lot more obvious to viewers.

+1

+1

+2

To me, the X-Men (in comics) are very similar to the characters from Star Trek: TNG or Battlestar, or any other cast show. There are aspects of each character you come to know, some you love, some you can relate to, etc - and the entire ensemble works so well because they speak to each of us individually. I'd love to see the studios have some restraint by putting Wolvie into a movie, but letting the team shine, instead of just him.

Yes!

Day of Future Past= Wolverine and Senitnels.

Not boring C level characters.

Yes!

Day of Future Past= Wolverine and Senitnels.

Not boring C level characters.

Maybe the upcoming "The Wolverine" film may be more suited to you. I hear that it will heavily feature Wolverine and have less of those pesky boring X Men in, than the X Men film will have. :gossip:

+1

+2

To me, the X-Men (in comics) are very similar to the characters from Star Trek: TNG or Battlestar, or any other cast show. There are aspects of each character you come to know, some you love, some you can relate to, etc - and the entire ensemble works so well because they speak to each of us individually. I'd love to see the studios have some restraint by putting Wolvie into a movie, but letting the team shine, instead of just him.

Well said. There are times when I can relate to the Hulk for example when I just want to smash the living :censored: out of some douchebags car...how was my day? It was dandy :foryou:

Jerome

i'm really hoping the original storyline is done justice.

surely it won't be followed panel by panel, but to get the main ideas down is key.

this movie would have been great as the third installment in the first class series. The second film could have been used to introduce/reintroduce key characters: the sentinels, the brotherhood, wolverine (preferably not played by jackman who has ruined it, imo), mystique, etc.

the mind time traveler of course doesn't have to be kitty, as the x-men animated series so expertly showed us. but a newbie x-man would be preferable.

Ya know, we haven't even seen the Sentinels in any X-movie to date. I would think they should've at least been mentioned since they play a major role in the story arc. Maybe the Savage Land arc would be better. Would luv to see me some Sauron. :banana:

Ya know, we haven't even seen the Sentinels in any X-movie to date. I would think they should've at least been mentioned since they play a major role in the story arc. Maybe the Savage Land arc would be better. Would luv to see me some Sauron. :banana:

Actually, they were briefly shown in the Danger Room scene of X3.

This would make a great excuse to get Halle Berry back as Storm.

As much everyone loved Ian Mckellan as Magneto.

I would rather see Michael Fassbender as Magneto in every X-Men movie :grin:

One of the things I didn't like Mckellan as Magneto was he looked way too old for the role.

Hell,even in the comics he was never looked that old.

Which is why Fassbender is the best Magneto I've seen.

Fassbender was amazing as magneto. A lot of depth to his acting and character.
Indeed :grin:

He added some charm & charisma to Magneto hm

I actually can't blame him for fighting against the humans.

I thought Fassbender captured Magneto's anger and traumatic experiences much better than McKellen. To me that's important, because Magneto's almost force-of-nature rage really drew me into the very earliest Lee / Kirby X-Men stories.

I thought Fassbender captured Magneto's anger and traumatic experiences much better than McKellen.  To me that's important, because Magneto's almost force-of-nature rage really drew me into the very earliest Lee / Kirby X-Men stories.

Agreed :)

Magneto is one of my favorite Marvel villains :cool:

Unlike most villains,he has a good reason to hate humans.

I thought Fassbender captured Magneto's anger and traumatic experiences much better than McKellen.  To me that's important, because Magneto's almost force-of-nature rage really drew me into the very earliest Lee / Kirby X-Men stories.

Agreed :)

Magneto is one of my favorite Marvel villains :cool:

Unlike most villains,he has a good reason to hate humans.

Blech...tacked on hoo hah. I can fogive a lot of Claremont's sins because he did so much good stuff...but ruining Magneto... :mad: