• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,129 posts in this topic

I won't be satisfied unless they let Claremont write the dialogue:

"Oh, Ororo, you who have soared in the hot African sun, and been worshipped as a goddess, I love you."

"And I you, with all my heart."

Nothing makes for good popcorn cinema like slavish adherence to children's periodicals.

Yes, because that's exactly what I want...for them to film this movie verbatim.

You're perched on a slippery slope, mein freund.

I thought you would see my comment was dripping with sarcasm. I'm too honest and forthright...I don't do sarcasm well :sorry:

No, I got the sarcasm. But my point is, if we can clearly draw the line at dialogue, where along the slippery slope do we decide what is and isn't sacrosanct.

How about a story that shares more than just the name? Are you telling me you wouldn't want to see that story on the big screen? That would be awesome. Maybe the only way I'll get what I want is if Marvel starts doing DC style animated films. (shrug)

Case, I love your passion. And I admit when I see something that is slavishly faithful to the original (Planet Hulk, DC New Frontier) I LOVE it. I just hate to see just a good fan froth at the mouth instead of enjoying our hour in the cinematic sun.

I get what you're saying 100% I'll admit if these movies came out when I was 15 I would've been Andy Samberging in my pants. I would love it if the masses loved these characters for the same reasons most of us comic book fans love them and not be getting these cheap carbon copies. I will also admit that my wrath is just about burned out :sorry:

And guess where its being shot ?

:banana:

Thats right,here in Montreal.I think the saving on productions are amazing here.

To get into the Avengers 's shawarma train,there will be a scene with Wolverine.

"Good job with the Sentinels,now lets go get that poutine."

He's canadian after all.

Fassbender was amazing as magneto. A lot of depth to his acting and character.
Indeed :grin:

He added some charm & charisma to Magneto hm

I actually can't blame him for fighting against the humans.

I thought Fassbender captured Magneto's anger and traumatic experiences much better than McKellen.  To me that's important, because Magneto's almost force-of-nature rage really drew me into the very earliest Lee / Kirby X-Men stories.

Agreed :)

Magneto is one of my favorite Marvel villains :cool:

Unlike most villains,he has a good reason to hate humans.

Blech...tacked on hoo hah. I can fogive a lot of Claremont's sins because he did so much good stuff...but ruining Magneto... :mad:

:eek:

:fear:

When I read the Lee / Kirby stories as a kid I was always puzzled about why Magneto was so relentlessly angry and hostile.  The backstory gave him an understandable reason for believing that a strong attack is the best defence, and that all non-mutants are completely irredeemable.  Not saying I agree with his conclusion, though.

All the krap that Claremont tacked on via retcons was his attempt to give the X-MEN their version of Doctor Doom...an honorable villain. It came out of nowhere and didn't follow anything that had come before..in other words, inorganic growth. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to this, but I much prefer the pure evil Magneto who was driven by nothing more than dreams of conquest, power and revenge. Sometimes bad people are just bad people. Not every bad person was locked in a closet, beaten by their parents..etc etc.

Sorry but Magneto just being evil would be boring. In fact he was kind of a crappy villain belonging to the failed X-Men, and being turned into a baby for a number of years while the X-Men languished. It's kind of funny someone with the user name Logan complaining that Claremont ruined Magneto...but how about the way numerous Marvel writers have completely up Wolverine past, present, and most likely future.

Marvel desperately needs their own Crisis to depower some of the big guns like Wolverine and Hulk. It was cool when Wolverine would get shot once or twice and be down, or have a stab wound that takes hours to heal. Now he and Hulk are like precrisis I can do what I ever I want Superman. That's part of the reason I never liked Superman! Not a fan of the angrier the Hulk gets the stronger he becomes, and then Banner in Avengers movie not even being vulnerable. He's got to have some weakness! Otherwise he's just a smaller green version of a golden age Superman. zzz

And how the hell did the Hand kill Wolverine for the Enemy of the State Storyline...I would like to have seen how he was killed since Marvel has done everything to kill but he never dies.

Fassbender was amazing as magneto. A lot of depth to his acting and character.
Indeed :grin:

He added some charm & charisma to Magneto hm

I actually can't blame him for fighting against the humans.

I thought Fassbender captured Magneto's anger and traumatic experiences much better than McKellen.  To me that's important, because Magneto's almost force-of-nature rage really drew me into the very earliest Lee / Kirby X-Men stories.

Agreed :)

Magneto is one of my favorite Marvel villains :cool:

Unlike most villains,he has a good reason to hate humans.

Blech...tacked on hoo hah. I can fogive a lot of Claremont's sins because he did so much good stuff...but ruining Magneto... :mad:

:eek:

:fear:

When I read the Lee / Kirby stories as a kid I was always puzzled about why Magneto was so relentlessly angry and hostile.  The backstory gave him an understandable reason for believing that a strong attack is the best defence, and that all non-mutants are completely irredeemable.  Not saying I agree with his conclusion, though.

All the krap that Claremont tacked on via retcons was his attempt to give the X-MEN their version of Doctor Doom...an honorable villain. It came out of nowhere and didn't follow anything that had come before..in other words, inorganic growth. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to this, but I much prefer the pure evil Magneto who was driven by nothing more than dreams of conquest, power and revenge. Sometimes bad people are just bad people. Not every bad person was locked in a closet, beaten by their parents..etc etc.

Sorry but Magneto just being evil would be boring. In fact he was kind of a crappy villain belonging to the failed X-Men, and being turned into a baby for a number of years while the X-Men languished. It's kind of funny someone with the user name Logan complaining that Claremont ruined Magneto...but how about the way numerous Marvel writers have completely up Wolverine past, present, and most likely future.

Marvel desperately needs their own Crisis to depower some of the big guns like Wolverine and Hulk. It was cool when Wolverine would get shot once or twice and be down, or have a stab wound that takes hours to heal. Now he and Hulk are like precrisis I can do what I ever I want Superman. That's part of the reason I never liked Superman! Not a fan of the angrier the Hulk gets the stronger he becomes, and then Banner in Avengers movie not even being vulnerable. He's got to have some weakness! Otherwise he's just a smaller green version of a golden age Superman. zzz

And how the hell did the Hand kill Wolverine for the Enemy of the State Storyline...I would like to have seen how he was killed since Marvel has done everything to kill but he never dies.

It would be funny if my username was based on Wolverine...it isn't, so I guess it's not too funny huh (shrug) You may have found evil Magneto boring, I didn't..agree to disagree. I haven't read a new Marvel comic in about 12 years, so I honestly don't know about some of the stuff you're talking about.

Are there really so many people who think that the X Men are such a weak concept that they are nothing without Wolverine? Really?

Yes he is a great character (though he has appeared in many, many mediocre appearances over the years) but the X Men are a lot more than Wolverine and a bunch of guys.

No x- men without wolvie, as far as mass appeal to non- comic geeks is concerned. Would be like never putting daleks in the dr who reboot.

Using this logic, I'm guessing somehow Darth Vader is going to be in EP 7...

oh wait...

Hope this turns out as good as the comics!

Now if they only went back and did the Dark Phoenix arc the right way :makepoint:

Will Wolverine be tall or short in this movie? The answer will decide whether the film wins my money & support around the webz.

I am already disappointed that Matthew Vaughn will not direct this.

I don`t know if I can take another Bryan Singer movie.

Talk about a let down.

X-men First Class by Matthew Vaughn is one of the greatest movies of all-time to going back to mediocrity with Bryan Singer.

Talk about taken a juvenile step back.

:preach:

Now if they only went back and did the Dark Phoenix arc the right way :makepoint:

Gee, maybe another re-boot.

I wouldn't care...as long as they got it right

Jackman close to being on board too. I take this guy for granted these days. It would be hard to stomach having someone else playing Wolvie.... especially in this of all movies....

He's going to be the next Adam West if he's not careful.... :P

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/29/as-expected-hugh-jackman-in-x-men-days-of-future-past-too/

I haven't read a new Marvel comic in about 12 years, so I honestly don't know about some of the stuff you're talking about.

You are very, very lucky for that. I know how much you dislike the average work-a-day Logan that Claremont penned, and he gets even more emasculated in modern comics.

I've read the run of Wolverine: Origins and had the rest of his backstory filled in, as well as a variety of comics with him and Daken (where he is uncharictaristically pussified) and nearly all of the X-23 books which have him uncharictaristically uninterested in his other "child" - and the run of Uncanny X-Force which has him pretty much acting like a weenie Scott Summers.

The only exclusion to this bltchfest about Wolverine is 'Old Man Logan'. That was one of the finest Wolverine stories I've ever read. Anyways...

"Incredible disappointment" is putting it lightly to how Wolverine has been handled since the mid-90s when I quit reading. I'm sure part of me longs for the "old" Wolverine I knew and was comfortable with, but I was completely open to his advancement as a character during all those years I was gone from comics when I set out to read Modern books.

What I found was a completely inconsistent, lackluster, boring character that was so politically correct in some ways, and so dispassionate in others that I hardly recognize him any longer as being my 'favorite' character.

Truly a shame. If I can help it, I won't be picking up a modern Wolverine story ever again.

God I hope they dont screw this up. This is almost everyone's favorite Marvel storyline from that era. All be crushed if it sucks.

How could it not? Isn't it based in the X-MEN: First Class universe? I would not be surprised if the only thing it shares with the comic book storyline is the name and some surface elements and perhaps some "bits".

I haven't read a new Marvel comic in about 12 years, so I honestly don't know about some of the stuff you're talking about.

You are very, very lucky for that. I know how much you dislike the average work-a-day Logan that Claremont penned, and he gets even more emasculated in modern comics.

I've read the run of Wolverine: Origins and had the rest of his backstory filled in, as well as a variety of comics with him and Daken (where he is uncharictaristically pussified) and nearly all of the X-23 books which have him uncharictaristically uninterested in his other "child" - and the run of Uncanny X-Force which has him pretty much acting like a weenie Scott Summers.

The only exclusion to this bltchfest about Wolverine is 'Old Man Logan'. That was one of the finest Wolverine stories I've ever read. Anyways...

"Incredible disappointment" is putting it lightly to how Wolverine has been handled since the mid-90s when I quit reading. I'm sure part of me longs for the "old" Wolverine I knew and was comfortable with, but I was completely open to his advancement as a character during all those years I was gone from comics when I set out to read Modern books.

What I found was a completely inconsistent, lackluster, boring character that was so politically correct in some ways, and so dispassionate in others that I hardly recognize him any longer as being my 'favorite' character.

Truly a shame. If I can help it, I won't be picking up a modern Wolverine story ever again.

You know I don't speak Spanish.