• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,129 posts in this topic

I won't be satisfied unless they let Claremont write the dialogue:

"Oh, Ororo, you who have soared in the hot African sun, and been worshipped as a goddess, I love you."

"And I you, with all my heart."

Nothing makes for good popcorn cinema like slavish adherence to children's periodicals.

Yes, because that's exactly what I want...for them to film this movie verbatim.

You're perched on a slippery slope, mein freund.

If they were to use an able-bodied American actor to play Prof X in a wheelchair would that have the dedicated fans dancing a jig of dislike?
I don't care what actor they get,just as long as they look & act the part of the character 2c

Do they have to wear the spandex costumes?

What if they looked exactly as their comic book originals but were terrible actors?

I think they should use muted colors for the costumes (like First Class)

Then the actors need to do their best to portray the characters faithfully as possible (no matter how terrible they are)

But what is your preference? They look the same but aren't the best actors or they look different and are the best actors around?

Why does it have to be an either / or scenario?

I would assume that getting top quality actors that look exactly like the comic book originals would be pretty difficult.

It's thinking like this that gives us Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin :applause:

That's racist and deadist.

If they were to use an able-bodied American actor to play Prof X in a wheelchair would that have the dedicated fans dancing a jig of dislike?
I don't care what actor they get,just as long as they look & act the part of the character 2c

What if they looked exactly as their comic book originals but were terrible actors?

Then the actors need to do their best to portray the characters faithfully as possible (no matter how terrible they are)

But what is your preference? They look the same but aren't the best actors or they look different and are the best actors around?

I would assume that getting top quality actors that look exactly like the comic book originals would be pretty difficult.

It's thinking like this that gives us Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin :applause:

1938407-daredevil__230___page_32_2.jpg

I am REALLY interested to see where they go with this. :popcorn:

I am as well - it's dangerously and precariously close to Spiderman 3 in terms of overloading the story with too many characters. However, I have faith that Fox is going to be demanding Marvel-levels of quality from their films - so the new X film I think may bring back the errant franchise back from the brink.

I am cautiously optimistic at this point.

I do my best to refrain from being either optimistic or pessimistic until I actually see it. That way, if it's bad then it doesn't hit you too hard and if it's good then it's a nice surprise. I certainly pay no attention to all the armchair critics who pan a film before they've seen it.

Fingers crossed for a good one, loved First Class.

No - start complaining now, loudly and frequently, years before the movie comes out.

You can trivialize it all you like, but I think at the end of the day we can agree that this movie at best will just have some minor surface elements of the original ( and awesome ) story and not much else to tie it in.

Who's trivializing it?

Not you, you're a regular Pollyanna :)

1938407-daredevil__230___page_32_2.jpg

King Kong Bundy.

I am as well - it's dangerously and precariously close to Spiderman 3 in terms of overloading the story with too many characters. However, I have faith that Fox is going to be demanding Marvel-levels of quality from their films - so the new X film I think may bring back the errant franchise back from the brink.

I do my best to refrain from being either optimistic or pessimistic until I actually see it. That way, if it's bad then it doesn't hit you too hard and if it's good then it's a nice surprise. I certainly pay no attention to all the armchair critics who pan a film before they've seen it.

No - start complaining now, loudly and frequently, years before the movie comes out.

You can trivialize it all you like, but I think at the end of the day we can agree that this movie at best will just have some minor surface elements of the original ( and awesome ) story and not much else to tie it in.

Who's trivializing it?

Which X-Man is she? lol

"Oh, Ororo, you who have soared in the hot African sun, and been worshipped as a goddess, I love you."

Nothing makes for good popcorn cinema like slavish adherence to children's periodicals.

I thought you would see my comment was dripping with sarcasm. I'm too honest and forthright...I don't do sarcasm well :sorry:

Who's trivializing it?

Which X-Man is she? lol

The English one with mental powers who turned Asian :ohnoez:

I thought you would see my comment was dripping with sarcasm. I'm too honest and forthright...I don't do sarcasm well :sorry:

No, I got the sarcasm. But my point is, if we can clearly draw the line at dialogue, where along the slippery slope do we decide what is and isn't sacrosanct.

Who's trivializing it?

Which X-Man is she? lol

And purple hair. :cloud9:

No, I got the sarcasm. But my point is, if we can clearly draw the line at dialogue, where along the slippery slope do we decide what is and isn't sacrosanct.

How about a story that shares more than just the name? Are you telling me you wouldn't want to see that story on the big screen? That would be awesome. Maybe the only way I'll get what I want is if Marvel starts doing DC style animated films. (shrug)

Who's trivializing it?

Which X-Man is she? lol

That was pretty hot. I love it when my wife dyes her hair fruity colors when she cosplays :cloud9:

How about a story that shares more than just the name? Are you telling me you wouldn't want to see that story on the big screen? That would be awesome. Maybe the only way I'll get what I want is if Marvel starts doing DC style animated films. (shrug)

Case, I love your passion. And I admit when I see something that is slavishly faithful to the original (Planet Hulk, DC New Frontier) I LOVE it. I just hate to see just a good fan froth at the mouth instead of enjoying our hour in the cinematic sun.

Who's trivializing it?

Which X-Man is she? lol

That was pretty hot. I love it when my wife dyes her hair fruity colors when she cosplays :cloud9:

:headbang:

I just hate to see just a good fan froth at the mouth instead of enjoying our hour in the cinematic sun.

Well put. Comic movies won't last forever. At some point - studios will move onto the next viable idea that will generate revenue. Which will probably be some idlotic re-imagining of classic reality show TV made for the big screen, utilizing Academy Award-winning actors to play their looserly small-screen counterparts in the ultimate self-referential meta barftastic movie-going experience.