• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

ALL HAPPY PEOPLE TO THE LEFT !!!!!!!

marvel feature added to red sonja varient set !!!!!

BIG BIG BIG thanks to Wizard for starting all this *CHEEEEEEERS*

Thanks to Dr Joe and Cheetah for making it possable with thier pull with CGC

Happy days are here again !!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Edited by gyro-1

Sent my first books to get pressed by CFP comics (joey post)

red sonja # 3 -- mark jeweler varient

red sonja # 5 -- mark jeweler varient

red sonja # 9 -- pence varient

red sonja # 10 -- pence varient

red sonja marvel feature # 5 -- pence varient

red sonja marvel feature # 7 -- pence varient

Wish me luck for 8 or above

:cloud9:

Edited by gyro-1

Sent my first books to get pressed by CFP comics (joey post)

red sonja # 3 -- mark jeweler varient

red sonja # 5 -- mark jeweler varient

red sonja # 9 -- pence varient

red sonja # 10 -- pence varient

red sonja marvel feature # 5 -- pence varient

red sonja marvel feature # 7 -- pence varient

Wish me luck for 8 or above

Cool. Let me know how it goes.

hope they do well!

The Minnesota Renaissance Festival today had what can only be called Red Sonja wear.

Yes they can be worn, her character is not outrageously dressed, though the issue of rust did come up in my mind after a sweaty fight

a fairly tradition outfit for her, a little longer in the top, perhaps for colder days

L1060243.jpg

and then a Sonja top

L1060244.jpg

and finally that special something after a long day slaying

:o

L1060245.jpg

hope they do well!

The Minnesota Renaissance Festival today had what can only be called Red Sonja wear.

Yes they can be worn, her character is not outrageously dressed, though the issue of rust did come up in my mind after a sweaty fight

a fairly tradition outfit for her, a little longer in the top, perhaps for colder days

L1060243.jpg

and then a Sonja top

L1060244.jpg

and finally that special something after a long day slaying

:o

L1060245.jpg

Your hiding the pictures with the real models arnt you

Yeah, those sold last week. There's a nice Dynamite Red Sonja #11 sketch cover on eSlay. It's the Jim Lee "Sneak Peek" sketch for #12. 9.8 Signature Series. Pretty awesome. A bit pricey, but I bet it will sell just for the signature.

Has anyone noticed on bing and google searches for red sonja and marvel feature this forum pops up alot ?

even myslabed comics is poping up in the first 2/3 pages

Now if we could just get other colectors from out side the cgc world to post?

What fun !!!!!!!!!!!!

And Cheetah seems to of deleated his red sonja sets !!!!! SAY IT ISNT SO !!!!!

Edited by gyro-1

I disagree

Is it a mess with 2 set - some would say so

Is it better that we have a compleat set - I would say so

I have zero pull with CGC so made the desision to pull out of the red sonja set with out the 9 second print - It just seemed that with out the 9 second print it wasnt a compleat set ¸I can see why others didnt want it changed

that a new set with everything was made is what I have desided to list in only

and I believe that it needs version 2and3 also even though I dont collect them

To me in a perfect world every marvel book would be in 1 set only

What I think has happened Is that till wizard and I came along in the last year or so red sonja was a colection people ignored

So out of the north and the florida swamps a couple of trubble makers have turned over the red sonja world here in CGC

Now to convince others to join in !!!!

=======

bit of topic but interesting is if any collector wants a chalenge that would drive you nuts try collecting v2and 3 in 9.8 ITS NUTS HARD

Have fun !!

:)

Edited

I am also trying to figure out if conan 78 isnt the most varient red sonja book ever !! Maybe conan to !!!

Edited by gyro-1

Well they should at least change the name of the set. At the very least get rid of the 1977. That's just plain stupid if it's going to have a book from 1975 in it. There already is a full Marvel Feature Vol. 2 set complete with the 30 cent variants that matches the census perfectly. So it is redundant to have another one. That's not even the real issue here. Basically what it comes down to is that there is one person who feels they should have everything their way because they're too lazy to complete the set. It's not an issue of what the complete set is. It's an issue of one single person having the sway to say what the complete set is. So if that person suddenly becomes superstitious, and feels #13 should no longer be included, then oh, let's just remove that one too. Or they don't like the yellow covers for any number of reasons. Boing, there they go! Just on one persons say so. So you see, it is a joke because it's rigged, fixed, and based on one persons logic. I use the registry to prove that the books I own are mine so that if they ever get stolen (God forbid), and someone else tries to register them, I can say, "No, that book is mine, and it was stolen." I just want a place where I can plug in the serial # to prove ownership. I could care less about any competition. I own many CGC books that aren't even in the registry. Is it too much to ask to include them? Evidently it is. Between the politics in here and what gets included, the registry is a joke on that level. Of course if we upgrade I'll bet we could get candy wrappers and used auto parts in the Red Sonja set. I can see it now. Look, I'm all for sets that are from a certain artist or era or number 1's, etc., but there needs to be a place for collectors of full runs of each individual title as well. If for no other reason than to register their comics. You know as well as I do how hard it is to find a Red Sonja #4 or #5 35 cent cover. Until we came along there wasn't anywhere to register them. Same for the 11/78 #9. For a while at least it seemed like intelligence ruled the day. Then the I.Q's around here disappeared faster than a birthday cake for a fat chick. All on the say of one person. Yeah, some community.

Well they should at least change the name of the set. At the very least get rid of the 1977. That's just plain stupid if it's going to have a book from 1975 in it. There already is a full Marvel Feature Vol. 2 set complete with the 30 cent variants that matches the census perfectly. So it is redundant to have another one. That's not even the real issue here. Basically what it comes down to is that there is one person who feels they should have everything their way because they're too lazy to complete the set. It's not an issue of what the complete set is. It's an issue of one single person having the sway to say what the complete set is. So if that person suddenly becomes superstitious, and feels #13 should no longer be included, then oh, let's just remove that one too. Or they don't like the yellow covers for any number of reasons. Boing, there they go! Just on one persons say so. So you see, it is a joke because it's rigged, fixed, and based on one persons logic. I use the registry to prove that the books I own are mine so that if they ever get stolen (God forbid), and someone else tries to register them, I can say, "No, that book is mine, and it was stolen." I just want a place where I can plug in the serial # to prove ownership. I could care less about any competition. I own many CGC books that aren't even in the registry. Is it too much to ask to include them? Evidently it is. Between the politics in here and what gets included, the registry is a joke on that level. Of course if we upgrade I'll bet we could get candy wrappers and used auto parts in the Red Sonja set. I can see it now. Look, I'm all for sets that are from a certain artist or era or number 1's, etc., but there needs to be a place for collectors of full runs of each individual title as well. If for no other reason than to register their comics. You know as well as I do how hard it is to find a Red Sonja #4 or #5 35 cent cover. Until we came along there wasn't anywhere to register them. Same for the 11/78 #9. For a while at least it seemed like intelligence ruled the day. Then the I.Q's around here disappeared faster than a birthday cake for a fat chick. All on the say of one person. Yeah, some community.

lol

I complained about this before

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/ComicDetail.aspx?PeopleComicID=203607&PeopleSetID=63035

8 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can understand the sliding scale for points and that points them selves are nutty but is some strange wierd demented way should not a realy hard to get book that is wanted in multiple colecting ranges have value as much as a regular issue ?

Not for the points but for the value?

So to conclude my rant I will add WHO CARES

lol

-----------------------

Off topic

I can hardly wait to list my red sonja pence to see how many come up with 4 points !!!!!

Just as an FYI, all you need to do is make a request in the registry forum. If you take a look at the X-men sets, you will see that Gemma goes beyond accommodation. There's not much politics in it. If you want a set, just make a request. If you don't like a change, just say it in the registry form. I will say, though, that the whole derogatory approach you seem to prefer would probably wear thin on anyone just doing their job. Gemma a consistent effort to help people out.

SNIPED

Just as an FYI, all you need to do is make a request in the registry forum. If you take a look at the X-men sets, you will see that Gemma goes beyond accommodation. There's not much politics in it. If you want a set, just make a request. If you don't like a change, just say it in the registry form. I will say, though, that the whole derogatory approach you seem to prefer would probably wear thin on anyone just doing their job. Gemma a consistent effort to help people out.

This is news to me

when I first started I requested some changes and got no responce?

I asked a old member and was told that new members that dont pay have less chance of being noticed !

I have read lots of gemma's posts and she seems very nice and coments from those that have met her at cons say shes realy is

So maybe I have this read all wrong

and I will say drama sucks

Edited by gyro-1