• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Strongly disagree lol. I watch the show but live 530 Km from the nearest theatre. It would suck to have to wait 6 months or spend hundreds of dollars to have to go see it.

I think that when the tv show dies it will certainly hurt the comic popularity and see decrease sales. I have probably 40-50 friends who watch the show but dont collect or read the comics myself included. I think about shows like x-files, lost and a few other huge shows. X-files is back but don't seem to have picked up many new viewers and old returning viewers seem to be losing interest fast, myself included lol. Series die and new ones replace them.

Last episode or episodes should on the big screen. That would be cool.
Edited by kidcolt

Strongly disagree lol. I watch the show but live 530 Km from the nearest theatre. It would suck to have to wait 6 months or spend hundreds of dollars to have to go see it.

I think that when the tv show dies it will certainly hurt the comic popularity and see decrease sales. I have probably 40-50 friends who watch the show but dont collect or read the comics myself included. I think about shows like x-files, lost and a few other huge shows. X-files is back but don't seem to have picked up many new viewers and old returning viewers seem to be losing interest fast, myself included lol. Series die and new ones replace them.

Last episode or episodes should on the big screen. That would be cool.

Such a showoff.

This bubble won't burst. This show will keep spinning off and off, there will be Zombie TV shows for life, and even if the actual walking dead movie ended, even the spin-offs, every Zombie movie series on TV will be credited because of the Walking Dead, keep on dreaming folks.

Walking Dead #1 has been on the up and up lately.

After that disgraceful season finale the other week I would think the book would def not go up. :whistle:

So what do you guys think.

Shilling or is the book really increasing?

Seems every year the hot potato cools down. I wouldnt sweat holding a WD1 anymore. I was always sure to dump before the season finale and snag one back in the summer for 1700 ish. It could still happen, but the book is getting safer each year.

I have not been paying extremely close attention to this book but I was quite surprised to see what several copies have been selling for lately. It just struck me as odd to receive the bump it's received recently after all this time and after several seasons have aired. The recent 9.8 black label sale on eBay stuck out to me the most, that one seamed really high, even for an outlier.

I'm sure some others here have a much better understanding of the fluctuations this book receives from one season to the next. Hopefully they can chime in because I'm also curious of it's recent sales history.

I am going to tell who reads this something right now.

WD #1 CGC 9.8's sales lately are such fraud.

There is NO reason for this book to be trading at these levels.

The show is getting boring, and last season's finale was super lame and predictable.

Even though I currently hold 3 raw copies that are slam dunk 9.8's this latest up swing in prices OFF SEASON no less makes zero sense.

These prices make almost as much sense as WWBN #32's. I hope anyone who buys that book by the way chokes on the money you just lost. Epic I-diots!

Back to my vodka I go and finally getting to watch E1 of Season 6 of GoT.......

Edited by NewWorldOrder

The show is getting boring, and last season's finale was super lame and predictable.

Even though I currently hold 3 raw copies that are slam dunk 9.8's this latest up swing in prices OFF SEASON no less makes zero sense.

These prices make almost as much sense as WWBN #32's. I hope anyone who buys that book by the way chokes on the money you just lost. Epic I-diots!

Let's revisit this in the morning

Let's revisit this in the morning

I would more mean if I was sober. (shrug)

A nice buzz makes me tolerate people more.

Do you guys think the Fear the Walking Dead show has anything to do with the recent sale prices of WD books also? I probably don't think so, but you never know. I also agree with NWO about how the show has been somewhat boring and almost the same thing happening over again in practically every season, just new twists here and there.

But I must say the mid season finale was epic!

I enjoy the comic but the show doesn't hold me in at all.

Sad, I missed this book at the time because I'd love to own a #1 as a fan of the title, but can't justify the outlay.

Yah over a decade ago my gf at the time tried to get me into WD but I dismissed it. I loved horror and zombie movies at the time but i was completely out of comics. She even surprised me and brought home Civil War #1-5 when it was coming out and I was like "meh" and shelved it without reading it.