• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

So what's a 9.8 selling for these days ? 1.5K ? 2K tops ?

Dried up on eBay and approaching $3k.....

-J.

Oh really !?

http://highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=book_details&id=106776

and

http://highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=book_details&id=110801

Been sitting there for a while ... ( and let's not forget Robert allows for the usual 10% off )

Pedigree sold a copy just recently for barely over 2K

-J.

There's a bunch on Ebay

Two 9.9s one for 28K the other for 18K

I saw a 9.8 for 8K

All bins

I can also set whatever price I want on my books (especially if I'm high/drunk), that doesn't mean they're gonna sell for that.

-J.

Oh really !?

Been sitting there for a while ... ( and let's not forget Robert allows for the usual 10% off )

EBay gets way more eyeballs than Bob's site. (thumbs u (and 9.8's have dried up on eBay, there are a few copies in other grades available).

-J.

-J.

Oh really !?

EBay gets way more eyeballs than Bob's site. (thumbs u

-J.

We're not in the 90s when ebay was the only game in town. I'm sure HGC/ComicLink/Pedigree, etc. get plenty of hits.

-J.

Oh really !?

EBay gets way more eyeballs than Bob's site. (thumbs u

-J.

ebay also has more low-ballers. :makepoint:lol

I would gather that the majority of buyers going to Bob's site are not looking for copies of the Walking Dead. The books doesn't sell great on these Boards either. That really doesn't mean much (or anything).

Walking Dead has always been a strong and consistent eBay seller though. With a total dearth of CGC 9.8's copies there now, even a PGX copy sold for $2200.

Walking Dead isn't going anywhere. It's thoroughly franchised at this point.

-J.

I can't post pictures on my phone but gpa wd 1 cgc 9.8 SS

End of conversation

what part of "3-4 years from now" did you not understand ?

Most of the people I know who followed the show from the beginning are fed up with it as there is nothing by recycling going on now. They have since dumped their copies (most at cost).

I disagree. WD 1 in 9.8 will be selling for $1500 in 3-4 years time. We can come back to this thread then and see just where they'll stand.

lol

People were saying the same thing 3 years ago...

Clearly they were wrong. :applause:

I disagree. WD 1 in 9.8 will be selling for $1500 in 3-4 years time. We can come back to this thread then and see just where they'll stand.

lol

3 years ago WD was in season what, 2 ? Things were going well for the show. It was in full swing and interesting. Past tense.

Also 3 years ago people were saying WD 1 9.8 would likely be selling for 5K by now. Ummm.... no.

lol

3 years ago WD was in season what, 2 ? Things were going well for the show. It was in full swing and interesting. Past tense.

Also 3 years ago people were saying WD 1 9.8 would be selling for 5K by now. Ummm.... no.

Are things not going well for the show?

I can't post pictures on my phone but gpa wd 1 cgc 9.8 SS

End of conversation

what part of "3-4 years from now" did you not understand ?

Too many people will have (and probably have already ) bought in at much higher than $1500 for that to be likely.

The book has transcended speculation a long time ago. One of the few books that got an alternative media bump to do so. It's legitimately mainstream now. When the show eventually does end there will be additional spin-offs, theatrical releases, reboots, syndication, etc. Kirkman has also said that the comic will continue on long after the show ends.

Speaking of the actual comic- it is a bona fide "run title" as well now (no pun intended). Collectors will not be selling the #1 out of their sets very lightly. I don't claim to predict what a book will or won't be worth in four years because external factors having nothing to do with the show or the title can impact that.

But as a comic, a franchise, and a piece of pop culture, with crossover appeal Walking Dead is as about as rock solid of a success story as you're going to get in this hobby. Period, exclamation point. (so if you don't already have one, get one, especially if you're a fan)

-J.

lol

Also 3 years ago people were saying WD 1 9.8 would be selling for 5K by now. Ummm.... no.

So what does the 5K prediction have to do with what you think? You're not making any point with that... :shy:

Sidetone: Batman's been going strong for 75+ years, so why is it so hard to believe that WD won't be either? :baiting:

And things are going very well for the show...clearly. (thumbs u