• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

Right on. I have all of the tie-ins, even those that aren't part of the official list, so maybe I'll just read each series in numerical order and see how it goes. I'm hoping that what I read in one won't spoil something from another title.

As long as the very first one you read is Batman 13, I don't think you're going to run into a huge issue making sense of it all.

These covers are starting look very nice together...

They really do. (thumbs u And frankly, it's got me quite cheerfully buying books I wouldn't normally buy. (Plus, how cool is it that the masks make thematic sense with the plot?) I actually can't think of a gimmick cover series I've liked better.

Had a spare Nightwing #15 through today, my pull list books including Red Hood are still with Matt. Thought I'd update this anyway.

th_Batman13.jpg th_Catwoman13-1.jpg th_Batgirl13-1.jpg th_SuicideSquad14.jpg th_BatmanRobin15.jpg th_DetectiveComics15DieCut.jpg th_Nightwing15.jpg

Just read Teen Titans #15 (DOTF tie-in). IMO the story was pretty much drek.

Looking back, Batman and Robin #15 was by far my favorite of the tie-ins... the plot was simple, but it's beautifully written and executed, with a truly scary Joker.

The Batgirl story is silly fun, and Nightwing was decent, but IMO all these tie-in stories are rather disjointed... I feel like I'm reading a different Joker with somewhat different motivations and schemes in each one, plus he is in six different places at once... and in the end I don't think they really add much to the main Snyder run. I wonder if more big-picture plotting with Snyder and a stronger editorial hand might have helped them feel more unified.

Still love the mask covers, but with those now done I think I'll just stick with the Batman title going forward.

are all the die-curt covers FINALLY out now?

Yes. 9 in total and all are out now:

Batman #13

Batgirl #13

Catwoman #13

Suicide Squad #14

Detective #15

Batman & Robin #15

Red Hood #15

Nightwing #15

Teen Titans #15

Not sure where else to post this but I was contemplating selling the complete run of Batman to date (including #1 & the Annual) and was wondering what would be the best way to do it. Individual issues or as a complete lot? All the books are NM/M.

Maybe this completed listing will help with your decision:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-New-52-2011-2012-DC-Comics-0-1-15-Annual-all-first-print-NM-CGC-worthy-/330850206416?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&nma=true&si=%2F9%2F%2BBCdldvdsoDqZlXOaXodZSa4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Had made an attempt to win this, and placed a high bid when it was newly listed...even re-bid a couple of times...couldn't lock it in... :sorry:

So has this series been good or?

I know nothing about what the story-line of this arc is all about.

Best batman run in many many years.

+1. I would go as far to say one of the best comic runs in general in a long time as well. Snyder started things off well with Tec #871 - 881 and has not slowed down with the character since then.

Court/Night of Owls was a great storyline, and the DoTF arc is probably even better.

Does anyone know if there are intact newsstand editions for Suicide Squad 14 or Red Hood and the Outlaws 15? I have seen no evidence that these two issues came out.

I do not believe there are.

TT 15 may be on that list as well. I've never seen Teen Titans at BnN.