• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

This series, I thought anyways, has been fantastic with both the artwork and the storytelling. And amazingly enough holding if not growing in resell value. I just recently sold my 2nd set of 0-13 all covers except the 1:200's and 1:100's for $400.

So has this series been good or?

I know nothing about what the story-line of this arc is all about.

Oh man. It is brilliant.

The first arc, Court of Owls was fantastic. (And the spin off title, "Talon" has also been pretty damn good so far).

DoTF is, IMHO, on its way to becoming one of the definitive joker stories to date.

Frankly, I'd strongly recommend reading from the start of the Owls. Although you could read Detective Comics (2011) #1 and then start at Batman #13 quite happily.

Definitely hit up the bookdepository for the Volume 1 trade.

There have been a lot of tie in issues to the DoTF run. But in mine, you could take them or leave them. I've read them and they're mostly pretty good - but really haven't had any significant bearing on the main arc, nor been anywhere near as good as it.

So has this series been good or?

I know nothing about what the story-line of this arc is all about.

Oh man. It is brilliant.

The first arc, Court of Owls was fantastic. (And the spin off title, "Talon" has also been pretty damn good so far).

DoTF is, IMHO, on its way to becoming one of the definitive joker stories to date.

Frankly, I'd strongly recommend reading from the start of the Owls. Although you could read Detective Comics (2011) #1 and then start at Batman #13 quite happily.

Definitely hit up the bookdepository for the Volume 1 trade.

There have been a lot of tie in issues to the DoTF run. But in mine, you could take them or leave them. I've read them and they're mostly pretty good - but really haven't had any significant bearing on the main arc, nor been anywhere near as good as it.

True but Killing Joke should be required reading before checking out the Batgirl (DOTF) books.

I saw a red hood (13?) cut out at the Hastings near here. As far as I can remember Hastings sold newsstand, but thatay have changed with all the exclusive covers they have these days.

The Hastings in my area (actually about a hour away) have always sold Direct Editions. Barnes & Noble and Books A Million sell newsstand.

My LCS owner found another copy of Batman 13 (I already bought one from him,), put it in my pull. Gave it to me for 15% off cover. Happily picked up yesterday.

(thumbs u

And speaking of Batman 13: I saw there's a new version of the Joker-mirror cover, recolored with a reddish-brown background instead of the dark green background. What's with that? A reprint of a variant?

Batman 16 is pretty much an insane read. Truly can't see how Scott tops this issue in the finale. AHHHHHH it's madness.

OooOoooh. Can't wait.

I ordered the combo this time instead of going straight to comixology on the day too. Now I'm going to have to wait longer to read it. :facepalm:

Should ship from my nearest comic shop on Thursday next week.. so I'll receive it Monday or Tuesday the week after. FML / 1stWorldProblems