• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death of the Family" storyline (Batman)

371 posts in this topic

I wonder if CGC will consider giving it two grades? I agree that as a matter of policy, it would make sense to give the better grade to a book that has a double cover, but not to a book that has 2 distinct covers. hm

I've buckled and bought Batman #13 and the variant. The first new releases I've bought in nearly two years. I'm doomed.

I feel your pain, I was only buying back issues for CGC sets then I stumbled into the modern forum on a slow day... now I'm buying anything with the slightest buzz - Hi, I'm Phil and I'm a modern addict :facepalm:

I wonder if CGC will consider giving it two grades? I agree that as a matter of policy, it would make sense to give the better grade to a book that has a double cover, but not to a book that has 2 distinct covers. hm

with a double cover you can remove the outer 9.6 and have a 9.8 (if that's what the covers grade), you can't remove the die-cut cover, so CGC should just have one grade.

I read Batman #13 last night and thought it was excellent. Setting up for a good story line. I'll read Batgirl #13 and Catwoman #13 tonight. I'm really looking forward to see what they do with Joker in this story. I'm just speculating on the ending but I'm starting to think the big twist will be that the Joker dies at the end.

Just read Batgirl #13 & Catwoman #13, and the Joker is in neither book. Both say prolouge on the cover, but each have very little if nothing at all to do with the Joker Story.

Just another way for fans to spend more money on the crossover books. Bad form DC.

Just read Batgirl #13 & Catwoman #13, and the Joker is in neither book. Both say prolouge on the cover, but each have very little if nothing at all to do with the Joker Story.

Just another way for fans to spend more money on the crossover books. Bad form DC.

Batman and Robin #13 have a little bit of the joker in it.

you really should read Batman: Killing Joke

and look for the little things......

kj1_zps8bef0700.jpg

LegendsOfTheDarkKnight50_zps45bdb236.jpg

I heard so-so reviews on Batgirl. Good to know that Catwoman is also sub-par. I think I'll save my time an money and bypass them! :)

I had found 3 copies of batgirl 13. one for me and one for two friends. I go to deliver them their books and when I opened my back seat, they fell out on the road into the gutter.

3 new books less than 30 min old soaking up water.

Just the kind of day Ive been having for weeks now.

I had found 3 copies of batgirl 13. one for me and one for two friends. I go to deliver them their books and when I opened my back seat, they fell out on the road into the gutter.

3 new books less than 30 min old soaking up water.

Just the kind of day Ive been having for weeks now.

I hate it when stuff like that happens :foryou:

The car manufacturers need to take us into account. They're always overlooking the comic collector. Imaging if they made specially designed pouches on the back of car seats that could easily hold up to 20-25 comics in a safe and secure location.

I typically make sure my bag is tight around my new comics, and then I put them in the back seat, on the floor, under the floor mat to keep them from moving around.

And am I the only one who watches the clerk when they handle their comics looking for ANY Damage that occurs while they manhandle it? If it's just a reader copy I'm not so concerned, but I HATE when they mishandle my comics and won't let me bag & board them first.

Now I've worked it out that I bag & board my books, and let them scan a different cover for the register sale. Yeah, I'm kind of a pain in the butt when it comes to check out.

Anyone with a good guess on how much of the Death of the Family storyline will fall into the peripheral titles? I'm tempted to get the entire series, including the Red Hood, Batman and Robin, Suicide Squad, etc. However, that's a lot of extra dough. I don't want to get suckered into buying them if A) they don't have much of the storyline in them, and B) they suck.