• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2021 at 10:58 AM, J RANDALL said:

You're actually at 95 business days.  It's been 133 regular days.  When CGC says it 103 business days it means you have to take that number, divide it by 5 and then multiply by 7 to get an estimate of how many actual days it may take.  I made a spreadsheet with this formula to have an idea of how long my wait is going to be.  

You're right, my apologies.  I think I just rushed and misread the website to my horror.  92 days apparently according to that website.  I also have a spreadsheet that I use to actually figure it out when it does ship.  During the wait, I've gotten pretty good at Excel.  I've definitely had the time.

For now, it's just a constant refresh.

tumblr_ljqc9mOvJd1qclt3z.gif

Edited by thingsofstuff

Looks like they are opening submissions the week that my package was received. :whee:

Christmas is still a possibility! :wishluck:

On 9/7/2021 at 8:41 PM, Fisionbomb said:

G/QC is the last step before Finalized/Imaged/Shipped.

GEI (grading/encapsulation/imaging) is before G/QC.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something your sub is going in the correct order without incident. 

You were right. Seems G/QC is the stage before shipped. Whatever!

it shipped today

On 9/9/2021 at 12:43 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

You were right. Seems G/QC is the stage before shipped. Whatever!

it shipped today

Congrats! :tink: 

sigh of relief? :banana: edit will you look at the grades?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Express is cooking like it should. Standard is moving. Modern slow track...... 🤦‍♂️. I feel like CGCs plan was to slow things down to the extent the majority of people fast tracked and I think it's working. Those subs seem to be flying based on what I'm seeing here but the slow track is taking longer than it ever has. I just can't get behind $15 extra especially subbing 100 or more books. 

I will have patience. It will all be ok. 😊

Screenshot_20210909-131218_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210909-131228_Chrome.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 10:58 AM, J RANDALL said:

You're actually at 95 business days.  It's been 133 regular days.  When CGC says it 103 business days it means you have to take that number, divide it by 5 and then multiply by 7 to get an estimate of how many actual days it may take.  I made a spreadsheet with this formula to have an idea of how long my wait is going to be.  

Don't forget holidays.  :sumo:

On 9/9/2021 at 12:25 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Send under one order. They will break apart into separate tiers for you, but should only be charged a single $5 handling charge (FWIW).

You will get a separate $5 handling charge for each invoice, so once it is split into tiers, a separate invoice will be created for each tiered order with its own $5 charge.  

I've submitted tons of books in the past but these are my first 2 orders under these insane TAT conditions. I've got two separate orders (one FT Economy and one FT Modern) that both just moved to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging today...knowing Grading/QC is next and it will sit there for awhile as well, thoughts on whether I am I weeks away from shipped or months?

On 9/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, Inhuman Fiend said:

I've submitted tons of books in the past but these are my first 2 orders under these insane TAT conditions. I've got two separate orders (one FT Economy and one FT Modern) that both just moved to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging today...knowing Grading/QC is next and it will sit there for awhile as well, thoughts on whether I am I weeks away from shipped or months?

I'm thinking it's only mags that are months in GEI, regular comics might be weeks :)

@Inhuman Fiend From my experience the last few months, Your FT modern will probably be knocked out fairly quickly. Probably a week or so. FT Economy takes FOREVER when it gets to G/E/I, I have one thats been sitting at that stage for almost a month now.

Edited by Jkelly

On 9/9/2021 at 1:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Congrats! :tink: 

sigh of relief? :banana: edit will you look at the grades?

Thanks! Had to look…

D4123A75-7DF2-4321-94B4-4CF4FFDEDEB6.thumb.jpeg.55f5dc3ecc4b86351d9f684e4eda1f10.jpeg
PGM post is here https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/495958-pgm-incredible-hulk-181/?do=findComment&comment=11947751

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 9/9/2021 at 10:58 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Yowzah! ^^

On 9/9/2021 at 12:25 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Send under one order. They will break apart into separate tiers for you, but should only be charged a single $5 handling charge (FWIW).

Hey! ty brother. The amount of good advice I have received here has been spot on. 

On 9/10/2021 at 6:57 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Hey! ty brother. The amount of good advice I have received here has been spot on. 

Well wait - because I'm repeating what Greggy said elsewhere and someone said you'll get 2x $5 charge. I think if it's 25+ in same tier, same box it's 1 handling charge. If it's multiple tiers tho, then multiple $5 hits.    

This racket is hard to estimate when you get into the nickel&diming 

Translation: TATs are ever changing and essentially meaningless...

Hi xxxxx,

We know that turnaround times are important to our customers. We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services.  We apologize for any delays or inconvenience.

Turnaround times can and do fluctuate from week to week depending on the submission volume.  The turnaround time might have been 77 business days when you completed your order but if we received 50,000 submissions in the same week that we received your submission, then, unfortunately, we have no choice but to increase the time. I understand it is frustrating but know that we are doing everything that we can to bring these times down as quickly as we can.  

Thank you!

Jennifer Fuls

Customer Service
Certified Collectibles Group

Comic Book submissions. No. CCS.
Modern - 12 (TAT - 89 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 06/17/21 
  • Received/SFG 06/18/21 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 
  • GQC - 
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Modern - 6 (TAT - 101 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 07/01/21
  • Received/SFG - 07/06/21 (D + 2)
  • G/E/I - 
  • GQC - 
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Modern - 6 (TAT - 102 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 07/28/21
  • Received/SFG - 07/29/21 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 
  • GQC - 
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Modern Prescreen - 25 (TAT - 94 + 25 = 109 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 06/23/21
  • Received/SFG - 08/20/21 (D + 41)
  • G/E/I - 
  • GQC - 
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Value Fast Track - 6 (FT Econ. TAT - 91 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 06/17/21 
  • Received/SFG - 06/18/21 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 09/02/21 (D + 44)
  • GQC - 
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Economy Fast Track - 3 (TAT - 98 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 07/01/21
  • Received/SFG -  07/06/21 (D + 2)
  • G/E/I - 09/10/21 (D + 47)
  • GQC - 
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Walkthrough - 1 (TAT - 12 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 09/01/21
  • Received/SFG/GEI 09/02/21 (D + 1)
  • GQC - 09/03/21 (D + 2)
  • Shipped - 09/09/21 (D + 5)
  • Delivered - 

On 9/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, Grottu said:
Translation: TATs are ever changing and essentially meaningless...

Hi xxxxx,

We know that turnaround times are important to our customers. We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services.  We apologize for any delays or inconvenience.

Turnaround times can and do fluctuate from week to week depending on the submission volume.  The turnaround time might have been 77 business days when you completed your order but if we received 50,000 submissions in the same week that we received your submission, then, unfortunately, we have no choice but to increase the time. I understand it is frustrating but know that we are doing everything that we can to bring these times down as quickly as we can.  

Thank you!

Jennifer Fuls

Customer Service
Certified Collectibles Group

They can't even hire people to help out in receiving so that it doesn't take them a month to scan your books in. Zero chance they have more people further down the line. Good thing Blackstone came in to save the day.