• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,076 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, zupaphly said:

Gonna consolidate all this together 

Five 25 book submissions - modern slow with pressing 

3/11 - Mailed to CGC 

3/15 - Delivered to CGC facility 

4/7 - Received by CGC

7/29 - Received by CCS

9/23 - CCS in Process (subs 1,2,3)

10/19 - CCS in Process (subs 4,5)

? - Received back by CGC...

? - SFG

? - GEI

? - G/QC

? - Shipped

Five 25 book submissions - modern slow with pressing 

3/11 - Mailed to CGC 

3/15 - Delivered to CGC facility 

4/7 - Received by CGC

7/29 - Received by CCS

10/19 - CCS in Process (subs 4,5)

11/17 - SFG sub 1

? - GEI

? - G/QC

? - Shipped

On 11/17/2021 at 7:48 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

More :news: 6/18 order Shipped today!
Delivery plus 101 business days.

TAT on delivery was 89 days. 

I know that was a long row to mow, hope your satisfied, given it's shipped?

On 11/17/2021 at 8:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know that was a long row to mow, hope your satisfied, given it's shipped?

Satisfied that it shipped, Yes. 
Happy that books from June delivery are finally being sent out. Yes
The lack of transparency about the process still eats at me. 

On 11/17/2021 at 7:57 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Satisfied that it shipped, Yes. 
Happy that books from June delivery are finally being sent out. Yes
The lack of transparency about the process still eats at me. 

Yes I feel that, I'm hoping that it still feels like Christmas when I get anything back.

Those Eastman were about 6 months, along with my other magazines. I still had some satisfaction and sent more in.

Poor @Ron C. didnt the same thing happen to you last year with magazines? I vaguely remember, if I'm wrong forgive, but I'm hoping we chose wisely with our submissions.

On 11/17/2021 at 5:16 PM, Petroman said:

Out of curiosity, how do you insure expensive books like this through Fedex?  From what I read on their website ages ago they will only insure it for something like $100.  I'm assuming you buy supplemental insurance, but is this easy to do through CGC?  This is why I always use USPS for my more valuable stuff as CGC will have them insure whatever you stipulate in your submission form (at extra cost to you).

Actually I said FedEx in my post but I actually used UPS, and I didn't do any insurance options. I actually don't remember seeing any options for insurance when I checked out, but maybe it was an oversight on my part. meh

On 11/15/2021 at 6:42 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

haha Well my friend get in line behind me!

Today all 4 of my 7/20 slow track modern invoices were graded and shipped in the same day!

my 3 6/11's......still at G/E/I since towards the end of September. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 4.43.41 PM.png

If this pace carries over to mine, that means I have about another month before I get mine back. TAT says I have 5 more months. lol

On 11/15/2021 at 8:08 PM, Shockmaster said:

Does anyone know where they are at with Value Submissions?

When i called yesterday they said they were just starting July value submissions. (for whatever that info is worth I suppose) I have a 7/15 that is still in line.....

On 11/17/2021 at 1:25 PM, sckao said:

I know. I've just reached the point where I've accepted that I can't actually do anything about it... so I'm just going to continue to send in my submissions again and hope they get caught up. (And fix their QC problems.) Luckily, my submissions that have come back recently have not had the egregious errors shown in some other threads. They've been fine generally. (Some minor scuffing and only on a few.) :wishluck:

Since I typically only keep 25% of books submitted and sell the rest, I won't be stressing myself over the holidays if there are no updates on my submissions (November and December are typically really slow selling months for me anyway). Come January I'll be back on pins and needles again complaining about TAT's..

In contrast, I love the transparent update Joey provided on the CFP website. Basically, the office will be closed in December and no new submissions are being accepted for now. He also noted that he received 4 times as many books back in April (due to the CGC price changes) and has finally completed those. 

On 11/17/2021 at 4:38 PM, zupaphly said:

Five 25 book submissions - modern slow with pressing 

3/11 - Mailed to CGC 

3/15 - Delivered to CGC facility 

4/7 - Received by CGC

7/29 - Received by CCS

10/19 - CCS in Process (subs 4,5)

11/17 - SFG sub 1

? - GEI

? - G/QC

? - Shipped

I am interested on why you had CCS press them. You easily lost 3-4 months when in most cases you can have a reputable presser do it in 4-5 weeks. There are so many reputable pressers on IG if you ask around. I honestly would only have CCS press a book if it was a signed book.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:50 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

I am interested on why you had CCS press them. You easily lost 3-4 months when in most cases you can have a reputable presser do it in 4-5 weeks. There are so many reputable pressers on IG if you ask around. I honestly would only have CCS press a book if it was a signed book.

If its a sig series book only CCS can work on it and preserve the Sig series

On 11/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, Ares said:
On 11/18/2021 at 11:50 AM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

joeypost can do signature series as well, although I imagine all pressers are slammed and I'm not aware of how many are like joey to be under the Sig Series umbrella.

Maybe OP means ones getting started aren't as swamped, but they already have a few referrals under their belt. In that case it "can" be an option :wishluck: 

Depending on signature series and how selective one wants to be....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/18/2021 at 2:05 PM, Ares said:

Actually, there are a few CGC trusted 3rd parties that can also press books and retain the SS label. Rich Henn and Joey Post are 2 of them.