• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,096 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2021 at 9:43 PM, walclark said:

I have a Modern slow submission that was received on 6/17 and has been in Grading/Quality Control for about 9 weeks. How long do comics usually stay in Grading/Quality Control status?

Well, the mystery of why my comics have been sitting in Grading/Quality Control now for 11 weeks has been solved.  Accounting claimed that the credit card that I use every single day was declined.  Not sure why they didn't contact me about it.  Gave them the exact same credit card number and surprise, surprise, it went right through. 

Question; When you have two books on your order that you requested custom labels for, and two other books that are just regular labels, do they ship together or separate because i have two shipping charges on my invoice. Thanks guys! 

On 12/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, walclark said:

Well, the mystery of why my comics have been sitting in Grading/Quality Control now for 11 weeks has been solved.  Accounting claimed that the credit card that I use every single day was declined.  Not sure why they didn't contact me about it.  Gave them the exact same credit card number and surprise, surprise, it went right through. 

So your books would have sat that forever until you decided to call. That is some top notch service they have going on. 

On 12/24/2021 at 9:39 AM, wombat said:

So your books would have sat that forever until you decided to call. That is some top notch service they have going on. 

That was my impression.  The good news is that having spent almost 3 months in Quality Control I'm certain they will have had plenty of time to make sure the slabs I receive will be perfect in every way.  Right?

On 12/24/2021 at 10:37 AM, walclark said:

That was my impression.  The good news is that having spent almost 3 months in Quality Control I'm certain they will have had plenty of time to make sure the slabs I receive will be perfect in every way.  Right?

:wishluck::cheers:

On 12/24/2021 at 10:37 AM, walclark said:

When they get back you will have to see if they measure up.20211224_111351.thumb.jpg.cefa85f9c166f538d0316ef6bf4f4c20.jpg

On 12/23/2021 at 9:48 PM, walclark said:

They are lying through their teeth. I have come to the conclusion (finally?) that CGC is a dishonest company.

On 12/24/2021 at 6:15 PM, greggy said:

I got off work 4 hours early for Christmas and all four of it was waiting on FedEx to deliver my packages.

It was probably several submissions right? Hope all is well with the case  :wishluck:

On 12/24/2021 at 7:15 PM, greggy said:

I got off work 4 hours early for Christmas and all four of it was waiting on FedEx to deliver my packages.

Blah, blah, blah . . .

Once again, Greggy's got his books, but my Sienkiewicz books have still been sitting in G/E/I for 8 weeks.

Maybe if I change my icon . . .

Edited by Chazgee

660674264_ScreenShot2021-12-24at8_44_17PM.thumb.png.89d52c85e947351803ba38d14ef5af22.png

Eco/Modern - probably I will receive them in between Jan and February 2022.

Value - I have a strong feeling those books will be shipped out by August 2022.

Two Eco books were received on 10/21.  They haven't screened them yet but I heard most boards are waiting for the prescreens at CCS 4 to 6 months instead standardized 30 days.  I would guess my both books are pre-screened in mid-April before pressing and restoration removals then moving them to CGC.  Then 199 more days.  I finally may see them at the end of 2022 or early 2023.  My two checks haven't cashed since 10/21.  I am not sure if my checks are good for 180 days (6 months).

On 12/24/2021 at 9:52 PM, JollyComics said:

660674264_ScreenShot2021-12-24at8_44_17PM.thumb.png.89d52c85e947351803ba38d14ef5af22.png

Eco/Modern - probably I will receive them in between Jan and February 2022.

Value - I have a strong feeling those books will be shipped out by August 2022.

Two Eco books were received on 10/21.  They haven't screened them yet but I heard most boards are waiting for the prescreens at CCS 4 to 6 months instead standardized 30 days.  I would guess my both books are pre-screened in mid-April before pressing and restoration removals then moving them to CGC.  Then 199 more days.  I finally may see them at the end of 2022 or early 2023.  My two checks haven't cashed since 10/21.  I am not sure if my checks are good for 180 days (6 months).

On the plus side your STANDARD order was processed in a very timely manner.  I think everyone needs to just deal with the fact that unless you get lucky with the new super fast MODERN SLOW TRACK process you are going to be waiting for quite awhile for anything that is MODERN or ECONOMY SLOW TRACK.  And if you happen to do CCS pressing, then you will be waiting the maximum amount of time -- likely upwards of 1 year at this point.  Sure, these extended times suck, but as CGC is a business they are prioritizing the books that people are paying them more to grade.  I don't think anyone can really argue that this makes good business sense.  With respect to CCS, I think the general consensus on this forum is to get your books pressed by someone else and then send them to CGC versus going the insanely slow CCS->CGC route.

image.png

On 12/24/2021 at 10:33 PM, Petroman said:

On the plus side your STANDARD order was processed in a very timely manner.  I think everyone needs to just deal with the fact that unless you get lucky with the new super fast MODERN SLOW TRACK process you are going to be waiting for quite awhile for anything that is MODERN or ECONOMY SLOW TRACK.  And if you happen to do CCS pressing, then you will be waiting the maximum amount of time -- likely upwards of 1 year at this point.  Sure, these extended times suck, but as CGC is a business they are prioritizing the books that people are paying them more to grade.  I don't think anyone can really argue that this makes good business sense.  With respect to CCS, I think the general consensus on this forum is to get your books pressed by someone else and then send them to CGC versus going the insanely slow CCS->CGC route.

image.png

I rarely use CCS but I need them to remove the restorations.  I have two major keys: FF 50 VG/FN and Marvel Spotlight #5. Somewhere else, they are too backlogged in few months before they will submit the books to CGC.  One board is doing the pressing but his company has seriously backlogged and are currently opening the packages back to June!  I had thought about Hero Restoration but they are backlogged by 4-5 months for just pressing merely.  I don't have much choices but CCS is my answer before I realized they won't do the prescreen for 30 business days anymore. It bummed me out.