• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,987 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 8:54 PM, LordRahl said:

Not sure how I got the warp speed treatment but whatever I did to get on this list, please let me know so I can keep doing it. 3 modern slow tracks received 12/7 and shipped 12/9 and 12/10. That's a 2 and 3 day TAT :whatthe: :banana:

dafuq???

Maaaaan, out of 9 different submissions since this weird warp speed track appeared I have had 1 - exactly ONE - hit the lottery. 

I. Am. Jealous. 

On 12/18/2021 at 7:19 AM, Jemin said:

25 Modern

6/21: Delivered

8/19: Received

8/19: SFG

16 Modern

6/21: Delivered

8/19: Received

8/19: SFG

12/17: GEI

12/17: G/QC

12/20: Shipped :banana:

25 Modern Fast Track

12/3 Delivered to CGC

12/8 Received

12/8 SFG

Now if the other 25 Modern that were received at the same time can be done next week I would really happy.

Grades aren't the greatest.  Couple that surprised me but nothing under 9.0 so....

My two commissioned books were received by CGC in June and in scheduled for grading status since August 25th. I’m glad I’m deployed to have the patience to wait and hope my two books will be home before I get back in April.

Finally! But now the the worrying begins as I pray that the books are not victims of poor quality control.

NOTE: The books arrived at the CGC facility in early July IIRC.

MODERN 
Received
8/5/21
Shipped
12/20/21
MODERN
Received
8/5/21
Shipped
12/17/21
Edited by KEY ISSUES Comics

On 12/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, LordRahl said:

Not sure how I got the warp speed treatment but whatever I did to get on this list, please let me know so I can keep doing it. 3 modern slow tracks received 12/7 and shipped 12/9 and 12/10. That's a 2 and 3 day TAT :whatthe: :banana:

Pretty genius of CGC to add this lottery win type turnover right now.   Gives everyone hope for the golden ticket, lessening their unbearable frustration with current TATs.

On 12/13/2021 at 6:00 PM, Fisionbomb said:

And sort of off topic but USPS used an excuse I haven't seen yet that I recall. Usually it's out for delivery then gets delayed due to "animal interference" regardless of the fact that there are never any effing animals to interfere with delivery. Today my Silvestri remarque was out for delivery and got delayed due to "no access to delivery location".  Sure, my absolutely unobstructed regular a*s home had "no access". Didn't stop my regular junk mail!! :pullhair:

Yeesh, that's annoying.  Did you end up getting it this week?  My book hit the local area with the USPS last Saturday, so based on countless deliveries before, I anticipated to receive on Monday.  Absolutely no movement or updates until Thursday when it was finally ready for me to pick up.  In the grand scheme of things, no big deal, but man that was some unneeded extra stress to be added to the entire wait.  Haven't opened mine up yet, as this point it's going to be a nice Christmas morning surprise.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:22 PM, noelbeast said:

Yeesh, that's annoying.  Did you end up getting it this week?  My book hit the local area with the USPS last Saturday, so based on countless deliveries before, I anticipated to receive on Monday.  Absolutely no movement or updates until Thursday when it was finally ready for me to pick up.  In the grand scheme of things, no big deal, but man that was some unneeded extra stress to be added to the entire wait.  Haven't opened mine up yet, as this point it's going to be a nice Christmas morning surprise.

Yes I was able to pick it up the next evening.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:25 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Pretty genius of CGC to add this lottery win type turnover right now.   Gives everyone hope for the golden ticket, lessening their unbearable frustration with current TATs.

9cba60bfac245b1bade6955a5a769f36651eba22cc30fd0178d33274cdf59920.jpg.f73ce0f86ace37746147c3624ebdbc1b.jpg

This "lottery" warp speed BS increases my frustration 10 fold.

My previous submission, it took 4 business days, this submission only took 2 business days.  I like to commend CGC customer service for immediate responses on my membership credit.  I joined CSG (sports cards) around April, but never used the credit.  There was like 3 CGC different e-mailers that interacted.  It was quick and it shows a lot of care.  Now, I must submit more.  

3/2- Received 

10/27- G/E/I

12/8-  Grading/Quality Control

12/13- Paid to CGC, but no movement on the G/QC

12/15 Shipped

12/17 Received Fed Ex

Edited by bloodwings19

On 12/18/2021 at 10:05 PM, Kevin76 said:

Despite the long TATs, people still send them stuff.  They keep sending FT which pushes the regular slow boat stuff back even farther.  

This is why I think they should suspend fast track for a month or two... especially since there is a bottleneck at the encapsulation stage... this is getting out of hand...

On 12/19/2021 at 12:31 AM, zupaphly said:

This is why I think they should suspend fast track for a month or two... especially since there is a bottleneck at the encapsulation stage... this is getting out of hand...

Why suspend FT, they are making $15 more per book with that.  If anything they should suspend MODERN SLOW TRACK as I would guess that is the tier that gets the most submissions.  Or maybe its just time to raise all the prices again to stem the flow of submissions.  But this time, please don't announce it, just freaking do it so you don't get a massive backlog of books at the old price that takes 6+ months to go through.

On 12/19/2021 at 6:18 AM, Petroman said:

Why suspend FT, they are making $15 more per book with that.  If anything they should suspend MODERN SLOW TRACK as I would guess that is the tier that gets the most submissions.  Or maybe its just time to raise all the prices again to stem the flow of submissions.  But this time, please don't announce it, just freaking do it so you don't get a massive backlog of books at the old price that takes 6+ months to go through.

If you suspend slow track it doesn't help, or not help... they just sit there in a pile behind everything else waiting for their turn... meanwhile all the fast track keep hopping the queue log jamming all the books that got slowed down by the flood of pricing announcement submissions... what they have in process needs to be cleared before anything speeds up... all the bajillion slow track in process before the announcement has to be in so many different stages of grading, but has to be stalled so new fast track subs make it through in a timely fashion... causing what has to be a friggin logistical nightmare...

On 12/19/2021 at 8:54 PM, zupaphly said:

If you suspend slow track it doesn't help, or not help... they just sit there in a pile behind everything else waiting for their turn... meanwhile all the fast track keep hopping the queue log jamming all the books that got slowed down by the flood of pricing announcement submissions... what they have in process needs to be cleared before anything speeds up... all the bajillion slow track in process before the announcement has to be in so many different stages of grading, but has to be stalled so new fast track subs make it through in a timely fashion... causing what has to be a friggin logistical nightmare...

I guess my point was that it doesn't make economic sense for them to suspend FT as they are making much more money per book on it.  Yes, this is to the detriment of the slow track books, but maybe they don't really care as much about them since their profit is pretty limited there.  I do agree that whatever is happening now is an absolute logistical nightmare for them as they need to warehouse (and insure) all of the books they have in their possession.  What they should probably do with all of the modern and economy slow track orders is to instruct the customers NOT to send in the books until they are told to, i.e. let the books stay with the customer until they are nearing the window where they will actually be able to grade them.  At this point the customer would be instructed (via email most likely) that it is time for them to mail in their order.  This would greatly alleviate the logistics around having to warehouse books for 6+ months and would decrease any insurance liabilities that they would have for safekeeping these books.  All of the other tiers could remain as is since their processing time is relatively short compared to the slow track books.  And yeah, if people keep flooding them with fast track, standard, express and walk through then the TAT for slow track would continue to increase but at least the customer would still be in possession of their books.  Quite honestly, if the flood of higher tier books continues then it really is a dream scenario for CGC as they will make much higher grading fees.

Now going on 3 plus weeks difference with my two orders delivered the same day, in the same box on 6/2.  Again, donno why...just questions with no answers, but this second order is at 136 business days.  My main check in for today is the happy note that my books from Thought Bubble are finally getting checked in...well, one of three orders any who.  I'm guessing they moved Steve outta grading and into opening boxes.  I hope Steven enjoys the new gig as my hate for Steve has slightly...stayed the absolute same.  As always, I'm happy to provide content for this company that has, so far, successful stored my books for such an extended period of time.  Glad to share my "influencer" powers for such and such...arg, Steve get me my books back!

thought bubble.jpg