• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,992 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2021 at 9:49 PM, qlow said:

anyone know what time to expect movement? i'm assuming if there is movement, it'll happen around 6 AM - 9 PM PST.

Usually about an hour after dinner but if I've had that extra cup of coffee that throws my timing off a bit.

:jokealert:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :blush:

I've thrown my hope for a Christmas miracle out the door. My 4 economy books are still SFG. I'm hoping to get an update from my LCS after Christmas to see if anything has changed.

Delivered - 7/12

SFG - 9/2

CGC should consider setting up another operation in Canada. With the exchange rate difference it could mean another 30% profit. Here in Alberta there are a bunch of collectors I know that are unemployed/underemployed that would form a pool of potential graders. They could likely get government grants for re-skilling/re-training and then hiring staff from other sectors (e.g. oilpatch here) as well.

On 12/21/2021 at 5:30 PM, kimik said:

CGC should consider setting up another operation in Canada. With the exchange rate difference it could mean another 30% profit. Here in Alberta there are a bunch of collectors I know that are unemployed/underemployed that would form a pool of potential graders. They could likely get government grants for re-skilling/re-training and then hiring staff from other sectors (e.g. oilpatch here) as well.

Sadly I think they would consider Toronto first.

On 12/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, eddly said:

Sadly I think they would consider Toronto first.

Likely, but the cost of living and doing business there would make it less attractive. Winterpeg may be the best option if you are looking to locate centrally, but from a numbers perspective Alberta would be the best choice - lower cost of living and no PST.

On 12/21/2021 at 6:21 PM, universal soldier said:
On 12/20/2021 at 8:49 PM, qlow said:

anyone know what time to expect movement? i'm assuming if there is movement, it'll happen around 6 AM - 9 PM PST.

Usually about an hour after dinner but if I've had that extra cup of coffee that throws my timing off a bit.

20211221_204707.jpg.90d0c83683b798a1850f344e68790fad.jpg

On 12/21/2021 at 3:55 PM, greggy said:

FedEx still hasn't picked these up yet so unless they pick them up tomorrow, I won't get them before Christmas. 

xoxo

greggy

Now they are claiming that they were shipped but FedEx never scanned anything and I told them that it's near impossible for anything other than an initial scan.  I sure hope that they find these boxes, as I'll be upset. 

On 12/22/2021 at 12:09 PM, greggy said:

Now they are claiming that they were shipped but FedEx never scanned anything and I told them that it's near impossible for anything other than an initial scan.  I sure hope that they find these boxes, as I'll be upset. 

Really hope they find these and resolve this issue.. 

On 12/22/2021 at 10:12 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Really hope they find these and resolve this issue.. 

No way they would miss the plant scan, the scan at Memphis, the scan leaving Memphis, the scan of arriving in Vancouver and going through customs and then out for delivery.

It's still in the warehouse. 

I know another Canadian collector in the same situation as me.  Same dates and still haven't been picked up. 

This is the second time where a package was  supposed to be shipped on a Monday but didn't get picked up on the Monday and Tuesday.

At least the other time, the CSR told me that they were just busy and that she would try to ensure that it get out and not tell me that it already shipped and FedEx didn't scan anything. 

Apparently they are discussing with the shipping manager to figure it out. 

On 12/22/2021 at 1:14 PM, greggy said:

No way they would miss the plant scan, the scan at Memphis, the scan leaving Memphis, the scan of arriving in Vancouver and going through customs and then out for delivery.

It's still in the warehouse. 

I know another Canadian collector in the same situation as me.  Same dates and still haven't been picked up. 

I had a recent CGC fedex shipment sit in the local distribution center for 4 days before it went out for delivery. 

On 12/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, djpinkpanther67 said:

I had a recent CGC fedex shipment sit in the local distribution center for 4 days before it went out for delivery. 

I understand that there are delays especially during this time of year but I'm sure it got there with all the scans.

I wanted it shipped by today the latest so I could give my regular driver her Christmas gift so unless it's out today, there won't be a chance.

xoxo

greggy

3 Sienkiewicz Remarque Books w/ press
Received at CCS: 7/29
SFG: 12/22

STILL no movement on my books that were signed in September, for almost 2 Months. Beyond angry.

7 Sienkiewicz Sig Books w/ press
SFG on 10/29
GEI on 11/1
Edited by Chazgee

On 12/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, greggy said:

I understand that there are delays especially during this time of year but I'm sure it got there with all the scans.

I wanted it shipped by today the latest so I could give my regular driver her Christmas gift so unless it's out today, there won't be a chance.

xoxo

greggy

Christmas gift from greggy:cloud9: 

On 12/22/2021 at 1:49 PM, Chazgee said:

STILL no movement on my books that were signed in September, for almost 2 Months. Beyond angry.

You'll like this then:

(Crossover Modern Slow - NO press)

Received 4/29

CGC Opened 5/3

Scheduled for Grading 5/7

Grading/Quality Control 5/26

Quality Control/Finalized 7/28 

Back to Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 11/8/21

waiting....162 Business Days (4/29 -> 12/22) and counting.

I called, apparently they were mis-scaned earlier in May.  No idea why, no reason given.  Once they 'found them,' nothing else noted as to the delay.  Always the same.  Let me email that department and let you know when they get back to me (CS rep).  Most never got back to me, only two ever did.  The change in GQC to QCF was a systemwide change in status labels.  Apparently, CSR did tell me that they finally got graded Nov. 9 but are in the massive encapsulation backlog.  They disappear from the submission view in January.

It's very disappointing to say the least.  I get mistakes happen, but this is crazy.  Especially frustrating that the only customer service standard reply is, "Just wait a little longer and try to be patient."  I think that is something we all are doing on a regular basis already.  Here's to getting books back in the new year, and may it not take an entire calendar year.