• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

My book finally shipped today. (Day after my birthday.  Nice birthday gift!!)

With the exception of few lottery winners who got their slow modern graded super fast, it seems like it is first in first out (FIFO). I submitted my books in July and was marked received 8/29 and a few weeks after people who posted they got their books shipped and their books were received 8/14ish, I got mine shipped.

And they were all graded 9.8 so I'm pretty stoked!!!

So if your books were marked received around 8/29ish.. you should be getting your books soon..

On 1/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, universal soldier said:

*sigh* I'm at the 6 month mark for a four book economy submission and TaTs keep moving in the wrong direction. I think today is 127 business days and still SFG as of this past Saturday. My hope for a Christmas miracle now seems to be a pot of gold at the end of the St. Patrick's Day rainbow. :sorry: 

My earliest pre-screen Economy is 7/20/21 and another in 8/27/21.  My logic is its better sitting in their closet than mine. lol 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:36 AM, Kantankerous said:

My book finally shipped today. (Day after my birthday.  Nice birthday gift!!)

With the exception of few lottery winners who got their slow modern graded super fast, it seems like it is first in first out (FIFO). I submitted my books in July and was marked received 8/29 and a few weeks after people who posted they got their books shipped and their books were received 8/14ish, I got mine shipped.

And they were all graded 9.8 so I'm pretty stoked!!!

So if your books were marked received around 8/29ish.. you should be getting your books soon..

Still waiting on my 8/3 submissions, including a Modern one that has been in GEI since 12/3. None of them were pre-screen submissions. I have been told the one in GEI is "Getting Close" to being done as of this week. 

At this rate, my September 2021 submissions will be back before the August ones.......

Edited by kimik

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 06/01/21
Received 08/03/21
Scheduled For Grading 08/03/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 12/01/21

Delivered 07/16/21
Received 09/07/21
Scheduled For Grading 09/07/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 01/12/22

Delivered 08/09/21
Received 09/20/21
Scheduled For Grading 09/20/21

Delivered 08/13/21
Received 09/23/21
Scheduled For Grading 09/23/21

Delivered 09/07/21
Received 10/07/21
Scheduled For Grading 10/07/21

Delivered 09/20/21
Received 10/19/21
Scheduled For Grading 10/19/21

Delivered 10/28/21
Received 11/01/21
Scheduled For Grading 11/01/21

Modern Slow Track (100 Books)
Delivered 11/18/21
Received 11/23/21
Scheduled For Grading 11/23/21

On 1/12/2022 at 3:21 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

My earliest pre-screen Economy is 7/20/21 and another in 8/27/21.  My logic is its better sitting in their closet than mine. lol 

I only care to get these back with enough lead time to unload a hopefully high grade copy of ASM Annual #16. Starting to wonder if that will happen before the next movie comes out...

On 1/12/2022 at 1:27 PM, kimik said:

Still waiting on my 8/3 submissions, including a Modern one that has been in GEI since 12/3. None of them were pre-screen submissions. I have been told the one in GEI is "Getting Close" to being done as of this week. 

At this rate, my September 2021 submissions will be back before the August ones.......

My submissions have been coming back "out of order", but everything I submitted before October 2021 have gotten back to me. All Modern economy (25 books).

Modern 25 books - Prescreen (No CCS, No FT)

(Est. TAT - 94 + 25 = 109 days) currently quoting 143 days.

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 6/23/21
  • Received/SFG - 8/20/21(D + 41)
  • G/E/I - :deadhorse:
  • GQC -
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Currently I’m at 139 days. FWIW.

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 1/13/2022 at 1:45 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Modern 25 books - Prescreen (No CCS, No FT)

(Est. TAT - 94 + 25 = 109 days) currently quoting 143 days.

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 6/23/21
  • Received/SFG - 8/20/21(D + 41)
  • G/E/I - :deadhorse:
  • GQC -
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Currently I’m at 139 days. FWIW.

My Modern PS Delivered May 26 haven't moved off SFG.  :pullhair: yet ppl from June and July have theirs back.  I asked CGC and they said it's still a few weeks out.  We'll be pushing 180 working days at that point.

Edited by Iceman399

On 1/13/2022 at 11:41 AM, Lobo1969 said:

My submissions have been coming back "out of order", but everything I submitted before October 2021 have gotten back to me. All Modern economy (25 books).

That includes September as well?

Its just seems insane to me that they continue to have some submissions hit the lottery when older submissions just sit. I wonder if they even have the ability to figure out where the older submissions actually are and they have no way of even figuring it out. 

On 1/13/2022 at 12:56 PM, wombat said:

Its just seems insane to me that they continue to have some submissions hit the lottery when older submissions just sit. I wonder if they even have the ability to figure out where the older submissions actually are and they have no way of even figuring it out. 

The way I imagined this working is that modern submissions are assigned to each grader (scheduled for grading). When new submissions come in, perhaps a grader that usually does standard submissions agrees to do a modern submission quickly (perhaps because they want to get modern tats down). That grader can’t take a submission that is already assigned to a modern grader so they have to take one of the new submissions that has just come in. 

Edited by eddly

Well, if their plan is to 'follow the money', they are doing well with their Walkthru service.  The website said 9 days wait time when I sent my book, it arrived 1/10, and today (1/13) I got the image of the graded book.   So...huzzah? (:

Dan

On 1/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, eddly said:

The way I imagined this working is that modern submissions are assigned to each grader (scheduled for grading). When new submissions come in, perhaps a grader that usually does standard submissions agrees to do a modern submission quickly (perhaps because they want to get modern tats down). That grader can’t take a submission that is already assigned to a modern grader so they have to take one of the new submissions that has just come in. 

If I were to guess the moderns are being screened by the new hires so random line jumps would be maybe easy books to grade?
the eco+ tiers are likely going to the more experienced graders in “hopes” that less errors or super incorrect grading takes place.

When the vast majority of modern is 9.0 or better before being looked at gives the newbs time to get familiar with the process.

Again just a guess.