• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2022 at 9:22 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

It's the curse of the modern age: companies with departments that you can't speak to.

and robo answering systems that tell you to press a number to leave a message and when you DO, they take you back to the original message...;)

On 4/25/2022 at 2:56 PM, skypinkblu said:

and robo answering systems that tell you to press a number to leave a message and when you DO, they take you back to the original message...;)

"...your call is important to us, so we're going to hammer nails into your head every five minutes over a 35 minute window and play some screeching music in between"

".....we are experiencing extremely high call volumes at present because you have rung us during our opening hours."

On 4/25/2022 at 7:16 AM, skypinkblu said:

Does anyone know the name and or extension of the Shipping manager at CGC? 

This isn't helpful AT ALL, but not able to be at home, I called FedEx requesting change of delivery to work and they said they couldn't. Best I could do was place a hold at hub to will call pick up. Your 200mi makes that impossible probably, so if they attempt delivery and can't, it should go back to CGC where they can fix address. Bigger problem is if person at "old" address accepts delivery and takes your books :/

On 4/25/2022 at 10:46 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

This isn't helpful AT ALL, but not able to be at home, I called FedEx requesting change of delivery to work and they said they couldn't. Best I could do was place a hold at hub to will call pick up. Your 200mi makes that impossible probably, so if they attempt delivery and can't, it should go back to CGC where they can fix address. Bigger problem is if person at "old" address accepts delivery and takes your books :/

Two different issues, apparently the label HAD the correct current address...apparently shipping had it correct but my profile had the wrong one. The label was changed manual (like with a pencil)  by someone. I don't know if it was at CGC or Fedex, when I get it, I'll know...because CGC couldn't tell me what the label says, nor could Fedex.

I got a call back from CGC customer service they said it's going to be delivered today. I'm not sure what "today" means, because no one would give me a time, but it's supposed to be in the morning, which is fast approaching an end.

The 2nd issue was changing my address in the system. I also got an email for someone at NGC  who changed my address to the correct one in the system.

Fedex would not let me pick up the book in person...I asked to do that...it's currently only about 25 miles from me...at least I hope so.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:14 AM, skypinkblu said:

Two different issues, apparently the label HAD the correct current address...apparently shipping had it correct but my profile had the wrong one. The label was changed manual (like with a pencil)  by someone. I don't know if it was at CGC or Fedex, when I get it, I'll know...because CGC couldn't tell me what the label says, nor could Fedex.

I got a call back from CGC customer service they said it's going to be delivered today. I'm not sure what "today" means, because no one would give me a time, but it's supposed to be in the morning, which is fast approaching an end.

The 2nd issue was changing my address in the system. I also got an email for someone at NGC  who changed my address to the correct one in the system.

Fedex would not let me pick up the book in person...I asked to do that...it's currently only about 25 miles from me...at least I hope so.

:wishluck:

On 4/25/2022 at 9:05 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

".....we are experiencing extremely high call volumes at present because you have rung us during our opening hours."

" your call is extremely important for us to ignore. Please hold and someone will ignore you shortly. "

I wonder if CGC is starting to get a bit behind again on opening boxes because they still have 4/4/22 date as for when they are opening boxes.

I know that a custom label adds some extra time to an order from what we have seen on replies here. I wonder when you do a walkthrough, do they still honor that walkthrough turnaround timeframe or does it add more time when a customer chooses to also add a custom label?

On 4/25/2022 at 9:46 AM, captainzombie said:

I wonder if CGC is starting to get a bit behind again on opening boxes because they still have 4/4/22 date as for when they are opening boxes.

I know that a custom label adds some extra time to an order from what we have seen on replies here. I wonder when you do a walkthrough, do they still honor that walkthrough turnaround timeframe or does it add more time when a customer chooses to also add a custom label?

the dates they have for opening boxes can lag behind two to three weeks..so they are probably opening boxes from 4-11 or 4-18 now...ie. they dont change it  every week

.Got my CGC box, CGC had the wrong zip code, Fedex fixed it. It's bizarre because I had another package that was shipped the same day from the same submission but a different tier. They shipped them separately because it was from a different tier and the first one (the Express book)  had the correct zip code and got here on time. 

I will pm a picture of the label to anyone from CGC who wants to see it, upon request.

Please tell me if I was dreaming.

Spoke with the customer service recently about missing the submission tracking number after it was cut off after 8 months on the submission tracking page.  I got the number and was quickly informed that they are currently working on first two weeks of August. Once they are done with first two weeks of August then they will move to last two weeks of August within two to three weeks (it can be done in May instead June).  Mine is 8/21 (SFG).

Please tell me if I was dreaming or not.

On 4/25/2022 at 1:19 PM, Heavyheavyheavy said:

How do you know this?

Not OP, but I've had subs checked in "ahead" of the current box op3ning date posted. Likewise, had subs checked in sometime after, but less often. 

On 4/25/2022 at 1:52 PM, JollyComics said:

Please tell me if I was dreaming.

Spoke with the customer service recently about missing the submission tracking number after it was cut off after 8 months on the submission tracking page.  I got the number and was quickly informed that they are currently working on first two weeks of August. Once they are done with first two weeks of August then they will move to last two weeks of August within two to three weeks (it can be done in May instead June).  Mine is 8/21 (SFG).

Please tell me if I was dreaming or not.

:news::wavingwhiteflag::butbutbutemoji: thanks! At least that is something (thumbsu 

There may not be "proof" of what you say to be true for a while, if that is what you're seeking.

Sounds right from what I've head as well though, I'm a ways off into October, so :( 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/25/2022 at 11:19 AM, Heavyheavyheavy said:

How do you know this?

Because my last box was opened on 4-12 but CGC still had the date of opening boxes as Mar 21, then right after my submission they changed (i did not mark my box FT, btw). I also think they don't exactly open unmarked boxes in exact order (like restaurants making orders)....this has happened several times for me...the announcement of the date they are opening the boxes just seems like a really rough guideline

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 3.14.29 PM.png

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 4/25/2022 at 4:02 PM, eastriver31400 said:
On 4/25/2022 at 4:01 PM, Bird said:

is the submissions page down for everyone or just me?

all I get is spinning wheel

#ReleaseEconomyTier

It's down. 

Been down since about 2pm central I think

2 hours