• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2022 at 4:01 PM, X_Phile said:

Anyone else have any MFT subs that are past the posted TAT of 31 days? These went to G/E/I on the days they were received.

image.thumb.png.4bab6fd8d238af10d514023ffcca0dd9.png

That's strange.  My last completed MFT sub was received on 4/28/22 and I received it back this week.  It started in SFG for about a week, then GEI for a few days then Grading/QC to Shipped.  I have an MFT sub that was delivered this week 5/9/22 and it is in SFG.

My slow track Modern that was delivered to CGC 1/17/22 was delivered today. Grades were 13 9.8, 3 9.6, which is what I expected, but 4 were disappointing.

I usually sell the extras to pay for the ones I want to keep but with the extremely long turnaround times, two price increases within a year, and inconsistent grading, I am tapping out. This was my last submission for the foreseeable future. I’ll keep an eye on this thread to see if things settle out though.

On 5/11/2022 at 7:37 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I dont trust anything they say...I think someone here said they had movement on books from early august

the rumor was 8/2 but no confirmation on anything around here from any customers

I, along with a few others, are eight / twelve / twenty twenty-screwed but nada. Only the wind johnny, only the wind

Edited by Bird
8/12/21 but no fun in that

On 5/11/2022 at 7:39 PM, Bird said:

the rumor was 8/2 but no confirmation on anything around here from any customers

I, along with a few others, are eight / twelve / twenty twenty-screwed but nada. Only the wind johnny, only the wind

I'm 8/11.  Does anyone have an earlier Econ sub that hasn't made it past SFG?  Let's figure out exactly what day/week the status is changing to GEI.

Edited by gadzukes

My 10 x  Econ sub was entered 8/18 and is still in SFG. I seem to recall TAT was 140 days when received at CGC.

It is now over 175 days received.

Edited by Dikko

On 5/11/2022 at 9:08 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

I had a 1 book ST Econ sub that was delivered on 7/26, received at CGC 7/27 (part of an order with a WK), and this book was shipped back to me on 3/11/2022.

That's something! 1st I've heard of economy movement in nearly 10 pages, so thanks!

On 5/11/2022 at 9:37 PM, toro said:

That is crazy that those two orders haven't moved.

Seems to hold to the hypothesis that several have stated . That each of the orders / groups are assigned to a grading que for specific graders and if that grader is slower, out sick, vacation, etc those just sit. .