• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,096 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2023 at 6:20 PM, Ghastly542454 said:

I’ve been waiting 14 months for this magazine submission and 8 months for these magazine reholders!:pullhair:

Picture1.jpeg

@CGC Mike it advertised 60 days, as I have now a modern mag marked received, I'm wondering 🤔 how well or fast it'll be done?

Screenshot_20230518-183102.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

It's been another 9 days on my Fast Track Economy/Fast Track Modern order, and still no movement at all... so that's one full month now stuck in GEI. I sent an email asking about the status but no word yet.

I think it's time for me to dust off *this* meme again.....

fasttrackcopy.thumb.jpeg.94689d5a35910c1d743a2d10292195dd.jpeg

On 5/18/2023 at 8:15 PM, Point Five said:

It's been another 9 days on my Fast Track Economy/Fast Track Modern order, and still no movement at all... so that's one full month now stuck in GEI. I sent an email asking about the status but no word yet.

I think it's time for me to dust off *this* meme again.....

fasttrackcopy.thumb.jpeg.94689d5a35910c1d743a2d10292195dd.jpeg

lol I was literally just quietly contemplating this meme today!

DeFalco Signing + CCS

2/1- Mailed to CGC 

2/3 - Delivered to CGC facility

2/7 - Received by CCS

5/19 - Received by CGC

5/19 - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

Frank Miller Signing + CCS

3/20 - Mailed to CGC 

3/22 - Delivered to CGC facility

3/24 - Received by CCS

N/A - Received by CGC

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

On 5/17/2023 at 10:48 PM, DougC said:

Modern Slow

Shipped: 5/5

Delivered : 5/9

Received: ???

I am expecting delays due to additional content that might need to be validated; I expect them in the system by 5/22.

Received: 5/22

Now to make my thread in comics general about pedigree's...

On 5/22/2023 at 1:51 PM, gooshball said:

I feel your pain.  Seems we are in the same encapsulation hold up.  Entered GEI 5/4 and 5/9.  

Capture.PNG

Has anyone come out and discussed this "encapsulation holdup"?  Moderns are flying out of Sarasota, but it seems like every other tier has been held up. I've emailed and called and I keep getting told that "it'll ship when they ship". So far I'm at about triple TAT from my last FT Economy with no QC in sight. FT Economy that went SFG 4/20, and GEI 4/26

Edited by Monster's Lair Comics

On 5/22/2023 at 12:17 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Has anyone come out and discussed this "encapsulation holdup"?  Moderns are flying out of Sarasota, but it seems like every other tier has been held up. I've emailed and called and I keep getting told that "it'll ship when they ship". So far I'm at about triple TAT from my last FT Economy with no QC in sight. FT Economy that went SFG 4/20, and GEI 4/26

I'm not getting much either.  They have opened cases to "push" the books but they don't get any response from the team doing the grading.  The only info they have is that they are graded and waiting to be encapsulated and its first in first out so if something in front of it is getting held up that will delay the whole queue.  Looks like I'm behind you by about a week for FT Economy.

I saw someone with a Standard that arrived 1 day before mine get their's shipped last Friday.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that theres movement on my standard shipment soon.  

On 5/22/2023 at 2:51 PM, gooshball said:

I feel your pain.  Seems we are in the same encapsulation hold up.  Entered GEI 5/4 and 5/9.  

Capture.PNG

I also have FT Economy submissions held up in GEI in what seems to be forever. 

I wonder if they decided to catch up on all heir ME's in the Encapsulation room which also would explain the new bull#@$! ME policy. Who knows.  

On 5/22/2023 at 2:17 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Has anyone come out and discussed this "encapsulation holdup"?  Moderns are flying out of Sarasota, but it seems like every other tier has been held up.

I beg to differ on moderns zipping through, unless you're greggy. There is no way this process is FIFO.

Capture.thumb.PNG.52236107775dde9038ce822bad0ff74a.PNG

On 5/22/2023 at 3:30 PM, ramrodcar said:

I beg to differ on moderns zipping through, unless you're greggy. There is no way this process is FIFO.

Capture.thumb.PNG.52236107775dde9038ce822bad0ff74a.PNG

My last 4 moderns: I had three that were received 5/9 that shipped 5/16, 5/19, and 5/19.  Received 4/20, shipped 4/25.  I agree that its not FIFO by any stretch. 

It feels like there is a cart of books that got pushed to the back of the warehouse and they forgot about it.  

Edited by Monster's Lair Comics