• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,988 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2021 at 8:07 AM, rayne5446 said:

Modern Prescreen (23/25 were 9.8.  worth the wait)

Received 6/16/21

Billed 12/9/21

Shipped  12/14/21

were these received by CGC on the 16th or "checked into and entered into their system".  I've got MPS that have been stuck at SFG, they arrived June 1st that didn't get "opened" until August.

Edited by Iceman399

On 12/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, zupaphly said:

So fun times... 5 CCS/CCG subs received 4/7... 4 have been stuck in CCS in Process since Oct,  but 1 made it to G/E/I on 11/19... I just got charged for that one in grading... here's where the "fun times" come into play... I paid a large portion of the grading fees in advance back in Oct, but they decided to charge my primary payment (aka my checking) instead of that... which is pretty much empty after paying rent/car payment/insurance yadda yadda yadda... yay over draft fees and figuring out where to come up with $600 in 24 hours... 😐

So I just got off the phone with accounting to find out why the money I prepaid wasn't used... turns they just added an auto pay system to their software that just got implemented yesterday, and it doesn't happen to look for credit in the account to use first... it just sees an invoice amount due, and bills the payment option you have listed... I was hoping that at least meant that the sub was close to being done, but no dice... just the system getting caught up on all the bajillion outstanding invoices they have open... luckily I had some books on ebay I had sold on monday, and the payment posted to my checking at 1am beating the CGC charge... so no overdraft fees, but I am still broke again 😂😢.... back to dig through the longboxes again I guess...

On 12/15/2021 at 4:58 PM, jjfversion1 said:

That was my hope for my 50 modern slow boats that were SFG on 8/4, but have been stuck at GEI since 11/29. At this rate, I will consider myself lucky to have them back before February seeing as how some invoices stay at GEI for weeks/months while others go straight through QC and are shipped within 24-48 hours of being in GEI. The grader who has my books must be inspecting them with a fine toothed comb if they have been in grading for over 2 weeks.

CGC must be keeping tabs on this thread because half of my 8/4 books that were stuck at GEI were shipped this morning. CGC coming through with a Christmas miracle!

On 12/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, jjfversion1 said:

CGC must be keeping tabs on this thread because half of my 8/4 books that were stuck at GEI were shipped this morning. CGC coming through with a Christmas miracle!

Woohoo! That's good news!

On 12/15/2021 at 10:31 PM, qlow said:

question for anyone currently in G/E/I

have you been charged yet? or still waiting for a charge?

trying to gauge how fast/slow it'll move after being charged.

G/E/I yesterday... no billing activity yet

On 12/16/2021 at 11:38 AM, jokiing said:
On 12/16/2021 at 12:31 AM, qlow said:

question for anyone currently in G/E/I

have you been charged yet? or still waiting for a charge?

trying to gauge how fast/slow it'll move after being charged.

Expand  

G/E/I yesterday... no billing activity yet

I had called them originally to have them go ahead and charge mine, is why I didn't reply. Press 2 for accounting. Then you don't have to worry about it happening unexpectedly, imo.

Still, if your waiting for it as a sign of "movement" , I guess that works too. :)

On 12/16/2021 at 12:19 PM, jjfversion1 said:

If CGC brother eye is watching this thread, my received 8/3 books would love to move to G/QC today after being in GEI for 3 weeks :fourleafclover:

Exactly 5 months for me for my modern slow track to be shipped - 8 books, no pre-screen, no pressing.

CGC marked as "Received" 7/16, marked as shipped today, 12/16. 

FWIW it spent several weeks in GEI purgatory (including up thru yesterday) before today graduating straight on thru to shipped. 

Edited by wiparker824

On 12/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, lonetree said:

I am typically charged within a few days of books being marked Received

interesting. they charged me a couple days after they were in grading.

i'm just used to PSA, because usually a charge means they're about to ship.

was wondering if CGC did the same, but i guess they just charge whenever they can. :tumbleweed: