• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2022 at 9:29 AM, Devin Colman said:

So 163 business days and counting for my arrived June 1st, rec 8/3 submission, still in GEI

Who else still has submissions not back yet under the "really old" pricing?

When is the last time you called? For some reason both times I have called CGC for different submissions my status has changed within a day or so. I am wondering if things are so messed up that if someone complains they skip them up in line a bit. Who knows? But it is worth a shot.

Last week I submitted a few books at the Walk Through level. After reading the announcement last year, I thought they were "on time" with opening submissions. (What's the point of submitting walk through when it could sit unopened for weeks or months?) Hopefully my Walk Through gets opened this month. :wishluck:

Anyhow... perhaps CGC should put the brakes on all these private signings until they get their primary business under control. How is it these signings are promised to come back in a reasonable amount of time when ordinary submissions are sitting for months on end? It would seem they have overextended and their priorities are backwards. 

• Administrator
On 1/24/2022 at 11:36 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

Last week I submitted a few books at the Walk Through level. After reading the announcement last year, I thought they were "on time" with opening submissions. (What's the point of submitting walk through when it could sit unopened for weeks or months?) Hopefully my Walk Through gets opened this month. :wishluck:

This is what we recommend so these packages get opened right away.    Although, I know some people are hesitant to do this for security reasons.

If you are submitting collectibles under the WalkThrough grading tier, mark each side of your shipping box with WK in large, bold letters.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, CGC Mike said:

This is what we recommend so these packages get opened right away.    Although, I know some people are hesitant to do this for security reasons.

If you are submitting collectibles under the WalkThrough grading tier, mark each side of your shipping box with WK in large, bold letters.

Oh, I did. LOL  Big Sharpie "WK" on every side, top and bottom. (thumbsu

On 1/24/2022 at 8:19 AM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Does anybody have a slow economy that recently went to Grading/Quality Control? I have a submission that was delivered 07/01 and recd 09/09. Just wondering where they are in the queue. If you could post your delivered and recd dates I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I have an economy that they rec'd in on 9/13. Still at SFG for me. I think it was delivered back in August. I don't think the days count until it's rec'd in.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:45 AM, PiggyTTV said:

Nope, they're opening boxes delivered the week of January 3rd.

#Lean / #SixSigma fail. :tonofbricks:

As has been suggested, perhaps it's time to temporarily suspend submissions for certain tiers... preferably to those tiers that I do not submit to. :bigsmile:

In all seriousness, an unmanageable mountain of backlogged submissions only increases the chances of error, loss, unhappy submitters, etc. Not to mention what type of psychological toll it must take on employees. They must feel like they are NEVER making any progress. It may be a wise business decision to pump the brakes. 

On 1/24/2022 at 10:50 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I have an economy that they rec'd in on 9/13. Still at SFG for me. I think it was delivered back in August. I don't think the days count until it's rec'd in.

I took the advice of calling, got "a" grade. Where there is a will, there is an "A" or Way! Learned that from BABAR or some such schooling.

Still I'd give my .2 grade bump an A+. Since it is a .2 bump, y'all know it is in the 9's. I'll wait for the public reveal :) @STORMSHADOW_80

On 1/24/2022 at 10:59 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I took the advice of calling, got "a" grade. Where there is a will, there is an "A" or Way! Learned that from BABAR or some such schooling.

Still I'd give my .2 grade bump an A+. Since it is a .2 bump, y'all know it is in the 9's. I'll wait for the public reveal :) @STORMSHADOW_80

On 1/24/2022 at 11:12 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I'm really excited for these next subs but I'm holding off for a bit. I know they would at least bein the system if I send them now but I'm waiting a month or so. :signofftopic:

lol funny you should post. I forgot to mention in mine, that my grade bump was my Jim Lee remarque!