• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,957 posts in this topic

Well I've been told doubly that my Books will be processed.

My Jim Lee sketch Remarque is in "shipping and may ship today or tomorrow", and My 20 book sub moderns slow were moving quick to GEI around Dec.

The GEI moderns are now, I'm being told, close to 4 or so months more; although, they are in encapsulation.

Seemingly, was told, that Encapsulation is being done for August. I'm not sure, as I've been seemingly disinterested due to the waiting times. It is a bit sobering, to be honest.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:01 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I had this book in a Franken slab for 2 years now. Time for a real one . 

I had a friend in Australia buy some Halo's slabs. Seemingly cheap. I don't believe he got burned. Sometimes what's doable is all up to the hope you have. Make sure, it's sure, and on a firm foundation.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:04 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had a friend in Australia buy some Halo's slabs. Seemingly cheap. I don't believe he got burned. Sometimes what's doable is all up to the hope you have. Make sure, it's sure, and on a firm foundation.

This isn't even a halo slab lol this is a comic skin slab it yourself kit. I bought this because at the time it was the best option but I'm going to get it legit graded and it's probably going to here as a walk through.  

On 1/27/2022 at 9:14 AM, Ninja0215 said:

This isn't even a halo slab lol this is a comic skin slab it yourself kit. I bought this because at the time it was the best option but I'm going to get it legit graded and it's probably going to here as a walk through.  

ah that sounds right lol I thought that was the inference from the conversation, but wasn't sure. Glad to do the "i's" and hopefully you can cross the "t's by sending them in! :wishluck: 

On 1/27/2022 at 10:16 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ah that sounds right lol I thought that was the inference from the conversation, but wasn't sure. Glad to do the "i's" and hopefully you can cross the "t's by sending them in! :wishluck: 

The only thing I'm seriously worried about is that the graders at cgc are gonna rip this . Not literally of course but I have my fingers crossed for at least a grade on this . 

On 1/27/2022 at 9:20 AM, Ninja0215 said:

This book has a special story behind it and I want it safe. 

Amen :) was it a book that (since it was a do it yourself slab) you've seen the insides? any hope for completeness? or did you assign the grade too?

I'm in awe of the capableness to obtain. It would be difficult to replace ;) 

On 1/27/2022 at 10:36 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen :) was it a book that (since it was a do it yourself slab) you've seen the insides? any hope for completeness? or did you assign the grade too?

I'm in awe of the capableness to obtain. It would be difficult to replace ;) 

Extremely!! I'm going to say it's complete just tattered.  My mom bought this for me right after my dad passed away with little money she had. It was also right before the first spidey film came out. 

On 1/27/2022 at 9:40 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Extremely!! I'm going to say it's complete just tattered.  My mom bought this for me right after my dad passed away with little money she had. It was also right before the first spidey film came out. 

:x Moms. They are the sincerest of loves :shy: 

2 book Sig Series Mod Slow with CCS Pressing stats:

CCS pressing order marked received 4/15

CCS pressing invoiced and payed on 12/3

CGC received 12/22

CGC G/E/I 12/22

CGC Grading/Quality Control 1/17

CGC invoiced and payed on 1/26

On 1/27/2022 at 7:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well I've been told doubly that my Books will be processed.

My Jim Lee sketch Remarque is in "shipping and may ship today or tomorrow", and My 20 book sub moderns slow were moving quick to GEI around Dec.

The GEI moderns are now, I'm being told, close to 4 or so months more; although, they are in encapsulation.

Seemingly, was told, that Encapsulation is being done for August. I'm not sure, as I've been seemingly disinterested due to the waiting times. It is a bit sobering, to be honest.

You were told 4 more months for encapsulation, and the they are currently encapsulating books received in August? Am I reading this right?

On 1/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, IceHole said:

2 book Sig Series Mod Slow with CCS Pressing stats:

CCS pressing order marked received 4/15

CCS pressing invoiced and payed on 12/3

CGC received 12/22

CGC G/E/I 12/22

CGC Grading/Quality Control 1/17

CGC invoiced and payed on 1/26

When did your books switch to CCS in Process?

On 1/27/2022 at 10:10 AM, zupaphly said:

You were told 4 more months for encapsulation, and the they are currently encapsulating books received in August? Am I reading this right?

Yes. Believe it or not :shy: I'm not sure if this broken up into tiers, or if it is justified by some other means. To be honest, it escapes me. LOL

Still, lack of knowledge, and the plea for peace, with or without cause.

On 1/27/2022 at 11:37 AM, J RANDALL said:

How is it that CGC can have my prescreen books in Quality Control for over a week?  They can figure out how to charge me but they can't figure out how to ship them.  

An excellent question