• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2022 at 8:55 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

#Lean / #SixSigma fail. :tonofbricks:

As has been suggested, perhaps it's time to temporarily suspend submissions for certain tiers... preferably to those tiers that I do not submit to. :bigsmile:

In all seriousness, an unmanageable mountain of backlogged submissions only increases the chances of error, loss, unhappy submitters, etc. Not to mention what type of psychological toll it must take on employees. They must feel like they are NEVER making any progress. It may be a wise business decision to pump the brakes. 

They just charged all dealers $199.99 for an annual fee to submit to CGC.  They ain't stopping nothing. 

Dealers should and always have a higher priority than any of type of submitter.  

Dealers > Average Joe submitter

While of course all customers submissions should be treated with the same level of respect as the PC corporate textbook answer.  However most educated people understand that s not how the real world works.  It's all about the cash flow.

Little Jimmy sends $1k per year at CGC

Dealer X spends 100k

Little Jimmy should always be 2nd fiddle. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/24/2022 at 1:00 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

They just charged all dealers $199.99 for an annual fee to submit to CGC.  They ain't stopping nothing. 

Dealers should and always have a higher priority than any of type of submitter.  

Dealers > Average Joe submitter

^^

Current status.  2 more boxes of pre-price hike books yet to be received.  Patiently waiting on something from the Values! 

image.thumb.png.9f61f7be9b20b55f4635c9a3eb7c5fc8.png

Edited by cd4ever

IMO I dont think CGC is getting bombarded with more submissions (less free money out there just look at the harsh, but necessary stock market correction) as much as I think they are just short staffed to start the month due to covid employees being out. 

Half the people I know had or currently have Omnicron (Covid) so there is no way CGC isn't currently being impacted from this in the short-term for another couple of weeks anyway.  From what you all are posting about your invoices getting your invoices to Grading (GEI) status it seems receiving and shipping is the real slowdown which again I assume is because of sick workers that must stay home for a week min if they test positive for covid. 

I have no first hand knowledge of this again just my opinion, but to me it makes perfect sense.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/24/2022 at 12:24 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

IMO I dont think CGC is getting bombarded with more submissions (less free money out there just look at the harsh, but necessary stock market correction) as much as I think they are just short staffed to start the month due to covid employees being out. 

Half the people I know had or currently have Omnicron (Covid) so there is no way CGC isn't currently being impacted from this in the short-term for another couple of weeks anyway.  From what you all are posting about your invoices getting your invoices to Grading (GEI) status it seems receiving and shipping is the real slowdown which again I assume is because of sick workers that must stay home for a week min if they test positive for covid. 

I have no first hand knowledge of this again just my opinion, but to me it makes perfect sense.

Week before last, things seemed to be moving along just fine.  Than all of a sudden BAM everything came to a dead halt.  And they're still opening packages from January 3rd?  That was more than 15 business days ago. 

I too think Covid is running rampant throughout the CGC offices.

I just called up about my one sub that's been in GEI for over 2 months... only thing they were able to tell me was it is in the encapsulation room, and shouldn't be too much longer... I then asked about since everything is backed up when my other subs get back from CCS like the one that did on Friday, how long is that running... I was told that modern is at 130 days TaT... I told her that I thought books moved a little faster that were transfered from CCS, but she said no, and it resets when they come back... I know that's not how it used to work, but I hope she's wrong and it's not something new they have instituted because of they backlog they have... I really don't want to wait another 7 months after waiting almost a year for pressing 😬😬😬

Anyone know how backed up CCS is with processing orders, meaning, anyone have any recent movement from orders at CCS?  I have one from 7/12/21 still in 'Received at CCS' status.  TAT's show CCS = 229, CGC = 130.  Does that mean I am waiting 359 working days until I see my books again?

Edited by Droid81

Slow Track Modern + CCS

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

4/9 - Delivered to CGC facility 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13~ - Received by CCS

11/24 - CCS in Process

(No longer showing on dashboard)

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

In-house Signing + CCS (Bagley)

1/10 - Mailed to CGC 

1/12 - Delivered to CGC facility

1/24 - Received by CGC

1/24 - Received by CCS

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

I thought pressing happened after signing? The cut off date for this signing is March 4 and I assumed the signing takes place after that date. Do in house signings w/ pressing normally show being in CCS’s possession first? Or had it already been signed?

edit: before to after

Edited by qlow

On 1/24/2022 at 11:22 AM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

When is the last time you called? For some reason both times I have called CGC for different submissions my status has changed within a day or so. I am wondering if things are so messed up that if someone complains they skip them up in line a bit. Who knows? But it is worth a shot.

I was thinking about it, but I've called before and nothing happened. The lady also sounded exhausted and like she was reading a -script because she gets so many of those calls a day. They're just for the PC, it's not like I'm a seller who needs these to make some money so I'll be okay waiting a little bit longer. Just kinda frustrating it's been this long

On 1/24/2022 at 2:57 PM, PiggyTTV said:

No, that would defeat the entire purpose of pressing the book.

sorry, was a error. i meant after. just wondering if it has already been signed, or if CCS hands it over to get signed.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:12 PM, zupaphly said:

I just called up about my one sub that's been in GEI for over 2 months... only thing they were able to tell me was it is in the encapsulation room, and shouldn't be too much longer... I then asked about since everything is backed up when my other subs get back from CCS like the one that did on Friday, how long is that running... I was told that modern is at 130 days TaT... I told her that I thought books moved a little faster that were transfered from CCS, but she said no, and it resets when they come back... I know that's not how it used to work, but I hope she's wrong and it's not something new they have instituted because of they backlog they have... I really don't want to wait another 7 months after waiting almost a year for pressing 😬😬😬

Unless there is a secret handshake or code. Expecting something equivalent to a free fast track for CCS submissions while everyone else pays the $15.00 fee.   I’m glad she said no. 

On 1/24/2022 at 2:31 PM, PiggyTTV said:

No, she's right, and it's been that way for a while. CGC and CCS have always been separate companies. So now Pressing + Economy = 19 months.

Yeah, I know they are separate. I haven't submitted anything in a couple years, but past submissions always went through CGC a little faster than stated TaTs that spent time at CCS.

On 1/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, Topnotchman said:

Unless there is a secret handshake or code. Expecting something equivalent to a free fast track for CCS submissions while everyone else pays the $15.00 fee.   I’m glad she said no. 

Well if there was anything fast about my experience this time around, I must have missed it. I'm not expecting anything for free, but I also don't think people who submitted books in the same tier the last couple months should have priority over mine... they have been at CCS for almost a year. When I submitted turn around for both companies combined would have had my books to me mid Nov, mid Oct if you count the month they just sat at CGC to be opened... here's some hay for that high horse... sounds like you've been on him a while, I'm sure he's hungry...

images (1).jpeg