• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,947 posts in this topic

Honestly, I've accepted these TATs at this point.  CGC is swamped with an unforeseen demand for services and they are working on streamlining things.  I get it.

I just want to know the grades at this point, fully knowing the book is still in line to get slabbed.   This would make me less stressed and help me make better decisions on my collection. 

I'm just so confused. All 5 were sent together. They're all 20+ book submissions, so it's not like the one that zipped through in a week was only a couple of books. And they aren't brand new moderns. Newest couple books in there are like a decade, the rest are 20-30 yrs. I just called, and they really didn't have an explanation. Did my sub that back came last week get the new "experimental" streamlined service? That's about the only thing I can think of???

Edit : I just noticed the one that came back last week has a lower submission # 

Edited by zupaphly

On 1/28/2022 at 12:05 PM, Aarrow108 said:

some of the third-party's will ship it directly to CGC for you. some also give you a volume discount if submitting in bulk. on top of that, you are directly supporting a small business/someone in the collectible community that will potentially give you visibility to some of their process (I say some because  some of them claim to use secret formulas), before/after pictures, and they'll get it all done in about 1/6 of the amount of time CCS takes... but sure, keep giving your money to CCS/CGC. rantrant

All of the above is why I go 3rd party. Extra shipping to bounce from press to CGC is usually equal/ less considering cheaper rates over CCS or intangibles of time saved and fact I'm kept in loop. Value of getting info like, precise wait/processing, pictures, or heads up about X problem I may have missed is incalcuable compared to CGC black box. But absolutely don't fault anyone's CCS loyalty. My $0.02.

On 1/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

All of the above is why I go 3rd party. Extra shipping to bounce from press to CGC is usually equal/ less considering cheaper rates over CCS or intangibles of time saved and fact I'm kept in loop. Value of getting info like, precise wait/processing, pictures, or heads up about X problem I may have missed is incalcuable compared to CGC black box. But absolutely don't fault anyone's CCS loyalty. My $0.02.

I'll look around for a good but right now that's where I'm sticking to. 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, Ninja0215 said:

I have older moderns that I want to send in but I would like them pressed. I could always use a third party but sending right to the source cuts down on shipping. . 

Check out each 3rd party pressers processes and rates. You will find your answer. 

Edited by joeypost

On 1/25/2022 at 1:58 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Yes it seems it hasn't changed since before covid. 

Or as I call it, the B.C. era.

On 1/27/2022 at 1:44 AM, DarkCerberus8 said:

got to love the turn around times, for pressing is at 229 days and grading is at 160 something days....aka forget you had those comics submitted, unless you pay more to rush them because at normal submissions its going to take a year to get a book back

Over a year at this point. And some 3rd party pressing options are around the 180 day mark too, so it will take a while. That makes me wonder, this era where several collectors don't want to wait for pressing might create an interesting buying and CPR opportunity in later years.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, Ninja0215 said:

I have older moderns that I want to send in but I would like them pressed. I could always use a third party but sending right to the source cuts down on shipping. . 

CFP comics brings it directly to CGC since they too are in florida, so there is no extra shipping. And you wait about 1 month less than CCS.

https://cfpcomics.com/

On 1/28/2022 at 1:51 PM, eastriver31400 said:

Honestly, I've accepted these TATs at this point.  CGC is swamped with an unforeseen demand for services and they are working on streamlining things.  I get it.

I just want to know the grades at this point, fully knowing the book is still in line to get slabbed.   This would make me less stressed and help me make better decisions on my collection. 

I feel the same way.

And wow, I didn't know CGC only had 20 graders. I thought it was more like an assembly line/factory type thing with a bunch of people.

25 Modern Fast Track

12/3 Delivered to CGC

12/8 Received

12/8 SFG

12/23: GEI

1 Mechanical Error

1/10: Delivered to CGC

1/13: SFG

1 George Perez Signature Series w/ Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

1 Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley Signature Series w/Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

On 1/28/2022 at 11:39 AM, zupaphly said:

Oh my God, I'm about to lose it... so my 4/7 CCS/CGC submission that returned to CGC last friday and went to GEI that day just went to QC this morning... meanwhile the one that has been at GEI since 11/19 is still just sitting there... how does that happen???

And shipped...

200 working days is almost a year. I am just stunned into inaction at the thought of boxing them up and sending them off for 1+ year wait (I go to joey first). I have maybe 3 or 4 I might could go standard but 10-15 economy or value or whatever it is.

Then I have 8 moderns. I wouldn't send them without sending the others. But they are bangers so I should get going. But again, the TAT saps motivation.

On 1/28/2022 at 5:47 PM, Bird said:

200 working days is almost a year. I am just stunned into inaction at the thought of boxing them up and sending them off for 1+ year wait (I go to joey first). I have maybe 3 or 4 I might could go standard but 10-15 economy or value or whatever it is.

Then I have 8 moderns. I wouldn't send them without sending the others. But they are bangers so I should get going. But again, the TAT saps motivation.

I've just turned my mind off, thinking about it, still subtly hoping for fulfillment. Still have to accept the things I can't control. Useless to ponder the windmill? I've paid enough into the system. It's either going to right itself, or it will come out different.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've just turned my mind off, thinking about it, still subtly hoping for fulfillment. Still have to accept the things I can't control. Useless to ponder the windmill? I've paid enough into the system. It's either going to right itself, or it will come out different.

It does make you wonder why they can’t manage to send out a press release explaining all the ways they are fixing their system and how sorry they are that the TATS aren’t getting better…:deadhorse:

On 1/28/2022 at 7:20 PM, The Tavern Inn said:

Ok, 9 months and 5 days B|

but the gist remains...it is unacceptable. A little more than 9, almost a year, either is redonkulous.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've just turned my mind off, thinking about it, still subtly hoping for fulfillment.

I have my mind turned off for the few I have in the pipeline. But that was my one submission in the year as I was already wary of TATs so I don't think I can send in books now. Yes, it just adds time in the end but I am not paying for a service that only allows me one submission a year (it takes me more than 2 months to find more books to submit).

Maybe I'll send them to joey and decide what comes next once he is done with them.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:24 PM, Bird said:

but the gist remains...it is unacceptable. A little more than 9, almost a year, either is redonkulous.

I have my mind turned off for the few I have in the pipeline. But that was my one submission in the year as I was already wary of TATs so I don't think I can send in books now. Yes, it just adds time in the end but I am not paying for a service that only allows me one submission a year (it takes me more than 2 months to find more books to submit).

Maybe I'll send them to joey and decide what comes next once he is done with them.

Indeed, it's a crunch time. They mentioned a bottle neck on the phone, but I'm not sure if it's all in fashion to say its resolved soon. Cant please everyone though it may be the though that counts. :x

On 1/28/2022 at 7:05 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

It does make you wonder why they can’t manage to send out a press release explaining all the ways they are fixing their system and how sorry they are that the TATS aren’t getting better…:deadhorse:

They did send out a release. They raised prices. Oh wait. Never mind. 

On 1/28/2022 at 6:47 PM, Bird said:

And that is what it is today. When I sent my submission it was 140 days. When I got them back TAT was up to 200+. And guess how long it took? (hint - not 140 days).