• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,986 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2022 at 11:13 AM, gadzukes said:

Woah..... that can't be right for Modern

When I called Fri about my modern from CCS that has been in GEI for 2 1/2 months they told me it was in the encapsulation room, and the are currently encapsulating books that are from August of last year 🤷‍♂️ I also had a submission that transferred back from CCS last week ( same batch) and went straight to GEI... it was encapsulated and marked shipped yesterday...

On 1/29/2022 at 11:17 AM, gadzukes said:

I've got a Modern Tier Submission that was received on 8/11.

It's been in G/E/I for at least a couple months.  

Should I expect it'll ship soon?

Mine were "received" the same day and are still SFG...you're ahead of the curve

On 1/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, adampasz said:

What is the maximum amount of slabs you could stack flat like that? The most I would ever do is 4 or 5, for fear of cracking the case. ???

:gossip:Probably why we see so many with cracked cases coming back..

On 1/29/2022 at 4:22 PM, William-James88 said:

If you don't mind me asking, might I be familiar with your work?

Probably not, I just started doing art a little over a year ago and commissions last summer, this was my 1st batch of SS books. I did just get a contract with a small indie publisher to be the primary artist on a new IP, and another piece was commissioned by a museum, so you might see my name floating around a bit more in the future if I'm lucky lol. My instagram is @mattbrosch if you'd like to checkout my work 🙂

On 1/29/2022 at 4:26 PM, adampasz said:

What is the maximum amount of slabs you could stack flat like that? The most I would ever do is 4 or 5, for fear of cracking the case. ???

I imagine 10 or so would be safe. More than that is probably a bit much. As a side note, am I the only one concerned by the copious amounts of tape attached to whatever-the-hell that is to the left of Captain Encapsulation (1st appearance)?

On 1/29/2022 at 12:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To be honest there wasn't any detail. I might not should have mentioned it, as that is how rumors can start. Specifically in quotes "we're still doing encapsulation from  August." I don't know if there is any real resonance there. It is still probably some getting out the door quicker, last I heard, but in the end it's indescribable the way of calling to get a customer service representative to tell you anything. 

No August sounds right because I had a Rcvd 9/8 ship 1/18 and a Rcvd 9/14 moved to grading status about a week ago  

On 1/29/2022 at 2:22 PM, zupaphly said:

When I called Fri about my modern from CCS that has been in GEI for 2 1/2 months they told me it was in the encapsulation room, and the are currently encapsulating books that are from August of last year 🤷‍♂️ I also had a submission that transferred back from CCS last week ( same batch) and went straight to GEI... it was encapsulated and marked shipped yesterday...

Were you happy with the pressing service / grades?

On 1/30/2022 at 11:06 AM, skybolt said:

Were you happy with the pressing service / grades?

For the most part. There were a few a grade lower than what I expected. A couple graded higher, so I'd say the pressing helped them more than i thought it would. Also a couple I thought could have been benifited more. We'll see once I get them in hand.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:04 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I'm gonna have to start donating blood or semen....or both lol I just filled out another submission form . :canofworms:

I currently have about 40 submissions sitting at CGC, CCS or 3rd party pressers. Doubt if I'll have anything back within the next 2 months. :(

On 1/31/2022 at 11:04 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I'm gonna have to start donating blood or semen....or both lol I just filled out another submission form . :canofworms:

Why not. They already put plastic and public hair in the case , what's a few more bodily fluids.. :banana:

On 1/31/2022 at 1:17 PM, zupaphly said:
On 1/31/2022 at 12:58 PM, Miguelb said:

I realize it's been discussed quite a bit in this thread, but it amazes me how many submissions somehow end up stuck in G/E/I or G/QC for weeks on end.  

I can relate. Seemingly it is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend! Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because; this is the song that never ends 😂