• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,115 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2022 at 9:34 AM, Ryan. said:

Some of the in house signings seem to have fallen into the void as well.

Definitely some of them have. I know my Perez sure has. Even if he had been able to go through with the signing, I seriously doubt they would have been able to keep their advertised 6-8 week TAT.. :facepalm:

They seriously need to just stop lying about their TAT and using the BS blanket statement that these are only "estimates " what a load of horse chit. 

On 5/28/2022 at 10:07 PM, Kramerica said:

I sent in 3 Economy Fast Tracks in March. After reading a few pages here I honestly believe that I will never see them again.

I'm surprised you haven't gotten those back yet.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:10 AM, Ryan. said:

I'm surprised you haven't gotten those back yet.

me too. It is odd, they don't mind doing economy FT but it is a giant Forget U to older economy submissions. And we have another few weeks before they even open the door. Puzzling why they are so adamantly refusing to grade the whole tier. Again, a giant Forget You to the customers. And it is economy and not modern, the orders aren't 200 at a time. But nope, another few weeks for no reason except to snub the customers. Penny wise pound foolish.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:53 AM, Bird said:

me too. It is odd, they don't mind doing economy FT but it is a giant Forget U to older economy submissions. And we have another few weeks before they even open the door. Puzzling why they are so adamantly refusing to grade the whole tier. Again, a giant Forget You to the customers. And it is economy and not modern, the orders aren't 200 at a time. But nope, another few weeks for no reason except to snub the customers. Penny wise pound foolish.

It's like they're trying to "teach us a lesson".

Well, the lesson worked.... I will NEVER use the regular Economy tier again.  Shame on me for trying to save a little money while their prices have gone up.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:53 AM, Bird said:

I am out of the loop on that one.

They stopped grading economy? 

On 5/29/2022 at 9:19 AM, Buzzetta said:

yes, no books out as far as we can tell in a few months and another month+ more I guess

On 5/28/2022 at 9:52 AM, CGC Mike said:

Unfortunately, I think it will be a few more weeks before we see any change on Economy.  Sorry.

On 5/29/2022 at 9:27 AM, Bird said:

yes, no books out as far as we can tell in a few months and another month+ more I guess

But are they still accepting books at economy class?   

Like, is there a formal lockdown? 

On 5/29/2022 at 9:33 AM, Buzzetta said:

But are they still accepting books at economy class?   

Like, is there a formal lockdown? 

oh no, nothing formal and still accepting. they haven't been grading any though and don't plan to for a few weeks at minimum apparently. I have books received 8/12 and others similar dates but just silence. mike said to expect it to continue for a while. TATs for every other tier drop dramatically but economy still at 210, 220 days.

On 5/29/2022 at 9:18 AM, gadzukes said:

it makes no sense and is puzzling but like you, lesson learned. (And not by going FT or standard either.)

• Administrator
On 5/29/2022 at 9:39 AM, Bird said:

oh no, nothing formal and still accepting. they haven't been grading any though and don't plan to for a few weeks at minimum apparently. I have books received 8/12 and others similar dates but just silence. mike said to expect it to continue for a while. TATs for every other tier drop dramatically but economy still at 210, 220 days.

I am not sure if that is or is not a correct statement that we are not grading any books in the economy tier.  From what I have been told, it will be a few weeks before we are gaining on TAT's for that tier.  

Here's a snapshot of CGC's TATs on August 25, 2021.  These are the "estimates" I relied on when deciding to go Economy.  210 days is absolutely, positively NOT a reasonable "estimate" of 150 days.  What's worse, this failure is 100% within the control of CGC's Management.  Shorthanded?  Perhaps.  But Management has chosen to assign CGC's available staff to other revenue streams.  Own the fail.  :preach:

TAT-08-25-22.thumb.png.d57d86838b74e62a4043793b082450f6.png

Mendacity.jpg.44f97323bae6d0634db094616423d122.jpg

"What's that smell in this room?  Didn't you notice it, Brick?  Didn't you notice a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this room? There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity."  Big Daddy (Tennessee Williams, Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, 1955).

you are entirely correct

and I will add, if I may, that comparing the other TATs on that chart to today's TATs will show you how they are treating economy

but we have a few weeks before we see any movement, or at least until we are told it will be another few weeks, which they do not have to do

On 5/29/2022 at 8:18 AM, gadzukes said:

Well, the lesson worked.... I will NEVER use the regular Economy tier again.  Shame on me for trying to save a little money while their prices have gone up.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:19 AM, Buzzetta said:

On 5/29/2022 at 8:27 AM, Bird said:

From what I believe is that they are trying to discourage us using Eco ST.  They already eliminated Value Tier and divert us to look at expensive fast track at any tier even CCS.  I don't want to overpay with disappointment with the grade results that can lead us to send them back for re-grading.   Otherwise, other buyers can buy our books and send for the re-grading.  There are more leapfroggings over Eco Slow Track by using expensive Signature Series (using FT through CCS) and all Fast Track at any tier.  Hold back too long. It sucks.