• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,977 posts in this topic

Pressed, slow boat, received at CGC 2/26/24

7 Vintage - Received at CCS 3/4/24, CCS In Process 3/5/24, Scheduled for Grading 3/13/24

10 Modern - Received at CCS 3/5/24, CCS In Process 3/5/24, Scheduled for Grading 3/14/24

25 Modern - Received at CCS 3/5/24, CCS In Process 3/5/24, Scheduled for Grading 3/17/24

On 3/13/2024 at 9:05 AM, Stefan_W said:

25 book modern submission

Tried a new shipping process this time and used Canada Post/USPS rather than Fedex, and it ended up getting to CGC in about half the time with less than half the cost.

Shipped - Mar 8

Arrived at CGC - Mar 12

Box opened and SFG - Mar 13

Mar 8 - Shipped to CGC 

Mar 12 - Arrived at CGC

Mar 13 - Box opened and SFG 

May 20 - Variant editions updated in submission tracking

I noticed this morning that some variants that were not identified when the shipment hit SFG were updated today, and a second print that I thought was a first print was also updated. I never noticed this as a separate step before so figured I would include it in this list of steps and timelines. 

7 Vintage - Received at CCS 3/4/24, CCS In Process 3/5/24, Scheduled for Grading 3/13/24, G/E/I 3/19/24

10 Modern - Received at CCS 3/5/24, CCS In Process 3/5/24, Scheduled for Grading 3/14/24

25 Modern - Received at CCS 3/5/24, CCS In Process 3/5/24, Scheduled for Grading 3/17/24

Update

On 3/20/2024 at 10:15 AM, Stefan_W said:

Mar 8 - Shipped to CGC 

Mar 12 - Arrived at CGC

May 20 - Variant editions updated in submission tracking

I noticed this morning that some variants that were not identified when the shipment hit SFG were updated today, and a second print that I thought was a first print was also updated. I never noticed this as a separate step before so figured I would include it in this list of steps and timelines. 

Mar 8 - Shipped to CGC 

Mar 12 - Arrived at CGC

Mar 20 - Variant editions updated in submission tracking

Mar 21 - G/E/I

This is a very quick turnaround! Fingers crossed that I did well with this group :wishluck:

18 Slow Boat Moderns with CCS:

Delivered: 3/15/24

Noted as "package received": ???? still never scanned ???

Received at CCS: 3/20/21

CCS In Process: Shockingly, 3/21/24... fastest I've ever had CCS in process after received!! :lightning:

image.thumb.png.a0a1d9fabd5d83cd3d5c4af6d23e6e30.png

But... they have two newsstand labels designated as direct  ... sent email to CS to hopefully fix and get the NS added.:wishluck:

On 3/21/2024 at 12:53 PM, Stefan_W said:

Mar 8 - Shipped to CGC 

Mar 12 - Arrived at CGC

Mar 21 - G/E/I

This is a very quick turnaround! Fingers crossed that I did well with this group :wishluck:

Mar 8 - Shipped to CGC 

Mar 12 - Arrived at CGC

Mar 21 - G/E/I

Mar 22 - Q/C

This one flew through the process! 

On 3/22/2024 at 9:36 AM, Stefan_W said:

Mar 8 - Shipped to CGC 

Mar 12 - Arrived at CGC

Mar 21 - G/E/I

Mar 22 - Q/C

This one flew through the process! 

Mar 8 - Shipped to CGC 

Mar 12 - Arrived at CGC

Mar 21 - G/E/I

Mar 22 - Q/C

Mar 28 - Shipped

Really happy with both the speed at which this went through and the results. Trying to get another shipment finished so I can send it in before the Con season slows things down.

Kudos to the CGC team for their hard work!

On 3/22/2024 at 9:06 AM, Stefan_W said:

Mar 8 - Shipped to CGC 

Mar 12 - Arrived at CGC

Mar 21 - G/E/I

Mar 22 - Q/C

Mar 28 - Shipped

Really happy with both the speed at which this went through and the results. Trying to get another shipment finished so I can send it in before the Con season slows things down.

Kudos to the CGC team for their hard work!

These subs seem to be flying through these days. They received my 25 book sub this morning, so lets see how fast this process goes. My last 2 subs were fast and record time.

Have to wonder if they are not getting as many subs in these days + with con season starting up again soon, I bet these quick TAT times will go back to normal.

On 3/22/2024 at 10:47 AM, captainzombie said:

These subs seem to be flying through these days. They received my 25 book sub this morning, so lets see how fast this process goes. My last 2 subs were fast and record time.

Have to wonder if they are not getting as many subs in these days + with con season starting up again soon, I bet these quick TAT times will go back to normal.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. People may be saving their books for the Con season and things may slow down again when that glut of submissions starts to come in. It is a part of why I am trying to get the last of my next submission pressed and out as quickly as possible. I think there is still time to beat the rush.

On 3/22/2024 at 10:09 AM, Stefan_W said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. People may be saving their books for the Con season and things may slow down again when that glut of submissions starts to come in. It is a part of why I am trying to get the last of my next submission pressed and out as quickly as possible. I think there is still time to beat the rush.

That is very possible and I am not sure when the next big con that CGC will be at in the next month, besides C2E2 at the end of next month. I bought a decent sized collection last week, so I was trying to get most of the books pressed and cleaned the past week to get them over to CGC. Then I need to get one more group of them ready to get over to them in the next week or so before the rush starts again.

My experience  with CGC has been bad this year. My vintage fast track submission arrived January 26 at CGC and it wasn´t opened until February 13 (13 business days) . My submission is now at "scheduled for grading" and hasn´t moved since (28 business days) = 41 business days since my book were received at CGC.

Contacted customer a few times , last answer from them was March 13 : 

"Thank you for your patience. The grading team has advised that grading should be completed today and apologized for the delay. They are experiencing a minor backlog but this submission will be completed soon. Once these are graded the books will take a few more days to encapsulate, but they will be moved through the rest of the process as soon as possible" 

Today is March 22 and the status of my submission right now continues to be  "schedulled for grading" so i am not sure they have even started working with my submission or maybe the status in submission is not working? 

I sent a mail yesterday and i still don´t have an answer , i messaged customer care and they are not helping at all: This was their answer today: "I was able to check on the status of your order  Our team is currently working on this. We do not anticipate this to take much longer" . Thats a fabricated answer to clam down a customer. They are not doing anything at all thats why my books are still sheduled for grading since february 13 . In fact i believe that customer care hasn´t even contacted the grading team. 

@CGC Mike can you please help ?

Edited by Mijael.Levy

7 Vintage - Received at CCS 3/4/24, CCS In Process 3/5/24, Scheduled for Grading 3/13/24, G/E/I 3/19/24

10 Modern - Received at CCS 3/5/24, CCS In Process 3/5/24, Scheduled for Grading 3/14/24,G/E/I 3/22/24 

25 Modern - Received at CCS 3/5/24, CCS In Process 3/5/24, Scheduled for Grading 3/17/24, G/E/I 3/22/24

Update