• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,965 posts in this topic

This thread is about as important as most people's Facebook posts about how they went to the dentist or dinner plate pictures.

:sorry: I like this thread....

+1

Plenty of threads I don't like, I just don't go into them

:shrug:

Modern Slow Track (15 books)

Received 8/04

Verified 9/17

Scheduled for Grading 9/22

Graded 9/22

QC 10/02

Economy Magazine (3 books)

Received 8/04

Verified 8/06

Scheduled for Grading 9/03

Graded 9/12

QC 9/23

Shipped/Safe 9/30

Standard (1 book)

Received 8/22

Verified 8/25

Scheduled for Grading 9/11

Graded 9/16

QC 9/19

Shipped/Safe 9/22

Economy Fast Track (8 books)

Received 9/08

Verified 9/17

Scheduled for Grading 10/02

Graded 10/06 (Key Notes added 10/08) (Key Notes removed 10/09)

What are Key Notes?

When a submission reaches the "graded" status.

The key notes are half way filled out. It only shows the bottom half of the notes.

The key notes being.... 1st appearance of Spider-Man, for example.

Sometime during the graded step, the key notes appear in full, stay there for a few days, then go back to being half-way filled out.

This is an indication that the QC step is coming shortly.

You might want to check in with them, but then again my 8/1 just hit QC today. I called about a magazine submission that was taking way longer than usual and I was told there's just a lot of stuff trying to get out right now.

I'm guessing one bottleneck leads to another in some areas.

You might want to check in with them, but then again my 8/1 just hit QC today. I called about a magazine submission that was taking way longer than usual and I was told there's just a lot of stuff trying to get out right now.

I'm guessing one bottleneck leads to another in some areas.

In the case of Magazines, I've been told that they encapsulate those once a week.

I guess they have like 2 machines, and in order to do Mags they have to switch the settings on a machine. So they don't have one dedicated for Magazines, they just switch the settings once a week to do them.

Annoying. My 7/24 MST Sub hasn't even hit QC yet, but some people who had their books received 2 weeks later are zooming past me.

I have mst 6/24 that has not hit qc yet, so be patient.

I also have 7/17 mst that just shipped.

So what's the best time to send books to CGC? Dead of winter when all the conventions are over with?

Beginning of January 2010 I sent a value tier in and got it back by the beginning of February 2010. One month for a slow track.

January 21st 2014 I posted in this thread I was waiting on my value tiers from October 10th 2013, so they were over three months behind last winter on value tiers.

Unless your sending in and pay extra for fast track, or a high value tier like Standard or Express. Your probably looking at getting books back in 2015 if your submitting this week.