• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,954 posts in this topic

Two weeks and still sitting at graded. The magazines were received on 6/24 - is there a current turn around time for magazines?

What tier? Magazine Economy current TAT is 35 days!

So that's 7 weeks? Looks like I'm getting them back next week if it holds up.

If my 5/4 Modern submission doesn't ship today, it will be the first time since I've been keeping record in February 2013 that I have had a submission go 100 days or more. :facepalm:

Did you call them?

I've called twice and my 4/22 MST books "still" have not shipped out..

I'll call tomorrow afternoon for the third time if they don't ship out today. :cry:

Shipped/Safe today! YEA! :whee:

So quick question and I would like everyone's opinion. Do you think that in the busy convention season, CGC grades a little bit softer than normal? Like are they in such a rush to get these books out that they might not see everything on a book? Or are they grading them just as tightly and just having the customers wait it out on the back end?

So quick question and I would like everyone's opinion. Do you think that in the busy convention season, CGC grades a little bit softer than normal? Like are they in such a rush to get these books out that they might not see everything on a book? Or are they grading them just as tightly and just having the customers wait it out on the back end?

If anything I'd say they are doing a pretty good job. I've seen some 9.6 books come back that I have no idea what kept it from being a 9.8 though so I'd say they are leaning to the strict side if anything.

If anything I'd say they are doing a pretty good job. I've seen some 9.6 books come back that I have no idea what kept it from being a 9.8 though so I'd say they are leaning to the strict side if anything.

Good to know. I wish CGC would have Grader's Notes on 9.6s like some other companies do.

Good to know. I wish CGC would have Grader's Notes on 9.6s like some other companies do.

Some of my 9.6s have graders notes. But only some. And it's usually "lite spine stress"

Is SDCC even a big show for CGC? Just seems that that particular convention is barely about actual comics anymore. My books arrived at CGC the same week that they would have gotten the influx of SDCC books, yet my submissions seem to be going through normally whereas I figured it would at an extra week or two as it got stuck behind the clog of convention books.

If my 5/4 Modern submission doesn't ship today, it will be the first time since I've been keeping record in February 2013 that I have had a submission go 100 days or more. :facepalm:

Did you call them?

I've called twice and my 4/22 MST books "still" have not shipped out..

I'll call tomorrow afternoon for the third time if they don't ship out today. :cry:

Shipped/Safe today! YEA! :whee:

Took 79 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) ..That's a far cry from the ETA of 55 days they state.

I think it needs to be updated.

My economy slow track books are at 84 days and just now went from verified to graded. Not sure how long QC and Safe/shipped will be but its already a long way from the posted 75 day turnaround.

well my modern standard too about 35 calendar days to go from graded to shipped/safe....so yah... Happy Halloween!

A sign of life!

Today (day #107) my MST books moved to Quality Control.

This is a joke.

I can tell you this is not a joke, I'm sitting on 87 calendar days and still haven't gotten my books back yet.

I was told today that modern fast-track is currently running 5 weeks.

This was my previous fast track grading order receive and ship date

6/15/2015

7/22/2015

Edited by ZaCrew

Captain's log. Calendar day #110.

It's been 80 weekdays since my books were invoiced and they still have not shipped.

Oddly enough this order sat in "Graded" status for 34 days before entering "Quality Control". My next order was Graded only 10 days before hitting QA today.

Maybe this means they are getting caught up.