• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,948 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Aarrow108 said:

I think it depends on what you are hoping to do with these 4 books.... staying in the personal collection, or are you trying to cash in on the hot market? If trying to cash in, I'd only really bother if its a hot/key book that will grade high. If it's to keep in your collection, I'd say wait it out until this surge dies down....

Just my opinion. The 4 books I finally got around to submitting are for my personal collection.... if I had known it was going to be this crazy, I would have waited honestly.

Thanks, however I feel like things are going to keep getting crazy and they are going to stay that way unfortunately right now. I called another supposed reputable company and the customer service sucked. Couldn't even tell me about the company nor could they know anything about comics. Was kind of like they use some overseas company to direct all of their calls to and it was total trash. I was going to buy the premium member ship. All four books are for my own personal collection 

40 minutes ago, Mmanick said:

Thanks, however I feel like things are going to keep getting crazy and they are going to stay that way unfortunately right now. I called another supposed reputable company and the customer service sucked. Couldn't even tell me about the company nor could they know anything about comics. Was kind of like they use some overseas company to direct all of their calls to and it was total trash. I was going to buy the premium member ship. All four books are for my own personal collection 

:headbang:

Things continue to get worse. Walkthrough pressing TAT just jumped from 10 to 15 business days this week for both comics and magazines.

Not happy at all with that especially as I waited 3 weeks for them to just receive the walkthrough books. Called customer service and got the usual spiel. Think this whole mess is actually going to have an effect on submissions in the long run. Suspect I’m not alone in reconsidering my whole grading strategy for my collection going forward if not even walkthrough is immune along with CGC’s tone deaf style price hikes at a time when they are simply not delivering on customer promise.

31 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

In case it hasn't been posted already. Vice article on grading companies being overwhelmed. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kv9a9/pokemon-cards-psa-cgc-bgs-turnaround-times

Article quote

"That new deadline led to yet another surge of submissions and seemingly led to its submission website having major difficulties; the CGC forums are currently filled with very angry people who seemingly weren’t able to meet the deadline."

4 minutes ago, PickleRick1216 said:

Article quote

"That new deadline led to yet another surge of submissions and seemingly led to its submission website having major difficulties; the CGC forums are currently filled with very angry people who seemingly weren’t able to meet the deadline."

Really? Because I'm here all the time, and I haven't met any.

9 hours ago, Aarrow108 said:

4 book Standard submission

- Delivered 3/26/2021
- "Received" 4/22/2021 (package sat for almost 4 weeks exactly)
- Scheduled for Grading 4/22/2021
- Grading/Quality Control 4/29/2021

this kind of freaks me out- my fast tracks books from march 13 have been at scheduled for grading since 4/7- how did your standards go so fast?

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

Really? Because I'm here all the time, and I haven't met any.

They are here, you just have to visit the card threads.. Four threads in the last three days have been poofed or locked. 

20 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

They are here, you just have to visit the card threads.. Four threads in the last three days have been poofed or locked. 

I think the card situation is way, way worse than comics division, so makes sense. After all, comics has been running for 20 years, thru cons and what not. So more staff and experience, while card grading division just launched with like 2 guys a year ago. 

25 minutes ago, Jaywalker0 said:

I think the card situation is way, way worse than comics division, so makes sense. After all, comics has been running for 20 years, thru cons and what not. So more staff and experience, while card grading division just launched with like 2 guys a year ago. 

It is worse. Most of those threads are complete dumpster fires.  A lot just due to lack of understanding the processes.  Still it is a mess.. 

8 hours ago, MrWalkingDead said:

this kind of freaks me out- my fast tracks books from march 13 have been at scheduled for grading since 4/7- how did your standards go so fast?

Well, in theory Fast Track books do have a longer wait time than Standard (current estimates are Economy Fast Track 31 days, Standard 22 days). But yeah, I hear you! I have one order of each and both went to Scheduled For Grading on 4/20 so I'm hoping this bodes well for them.

Walkthrough 

Delivered -Via USPS 4-16

Received-

SFG-

G/QC-

Shipped-

Express -Press + Express Grading

Delivered -Via Fedex 4-29 and signed for by DPerez

Received-

SFG-

G/QC-

Shipped-

ASM 129 box.jpg

On 4/30/2021 at 8:42 PM, MrWalkingDead said:

No results yet, though don't anticipate any until later today/tomorrow morning based on past experiences.

I wouldn't freak out too much. My current (Modern) and previous (Value) Fast Track submissions sat in SFG for quite some time. It's been that way since December of 2020 that they almost immediately go to SFG and sit the entire duration of the turnaround time in there.

No fast track on any of these submissions.

Received Items Service  Status Shipped
4/27/2021 1 MODERN  Scheduled for Grading  
4/22/2021 4 MODERN  Scheduled for Grading  
3/2/2021 5 MODERN   Scheduled for Grading  
2/23/2021 5 MODERN  Scheduled for Grading  
1/11/2021 4 MODERN  Finalized / Imaged /   Shipped 3/9/2021
Edited by sagekilz