• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,948 posts in this topic

I sent a walkthrough in on 3/27. Although it was delivered on 4/2, it hasn't shown up in my submissions yet. I sent another walkthrough in on 4/3 along with 2 standards in the same box. These three were listed as "received" on 4/12. The 2 standards immediately jumped to "scheduled for grading" while the walkthrough is sitting in "received". Granted, it's supposed to have a walkthrough level pressing but isn't that supposed to take 10 business days and then move over to same day grading?

1 hour ago, bigbillguts said:

image.thumb.png.2542525263bbc81fecda5c4e8121328a.png

Just called and talked to someone- when I mailed these in, the CCS pressing was estimated at 86 days turnaround time.  I was just told that I shouldn't expect to see any update on these comics for another 30 business days, which the rep on the phone confirmed, is Mon- Fri.  So I am 89 days in, counting just weekdays (83 if we dont count christmas eve, christmas, new year's day, new years eve, prsident's day, and MLK day)- when I mailed the books in, the TAT was 86 days:  https://web.archive.org/web/20210117092047/https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/ccs-pressing/

Now I am being told that I might see my books move from Received to 'Scheduled for Grading' June 8th? 

6 months?!

Really!?

I don't even know what to say. 

Just sit back And enjoy the ride - MorpheusOne | Meme Generator

22 hours ago, MicroJow said:

I sent a walkthrough in on 3/27. Although it was delivered on 4/2, it hasn't shown up in my submissions yet. I sent another walkthrough in on 4/3 along with 2 standards in the same box. These three were listed as "received" on 4/12. The 2 standards immediately jumped to "scheduled for grading" while the walkthrough is sitting in "received". Granted, it's supposed to have a walkthrough level pressing but isn't that supposed to take 10 business days and then move over to same day grading?

Not sure on pressing, another member posted their dates a few pages back. 

Edited by PKJ

17 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Not sure on pressing, another member posted their dates a few pages back. I have a Walkthrough in la-la land as well but delivered after yours.

I just checked the pressing turnarounds and it's gone from 10 days to 15. Guess that explains some of the delay. Still worried about the first walkthrough which isn't in the system yet, however. Guess I'll just have to be patient. They haven't lost a book on me yet...

Confused by all of this...

No fast track, no expedited or special services. 

Received    Items    Service          Status    
4/27/2021    1          MODERN     Scheduled for Grading    
4/22/2021    4          MODERN     Scheduled for Grading    
3/2/2021      5          MODERN     Received    
2/23/2021    5          MODERN     Scheduled for Grading    

Edited by sagekilz

47 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Confused by all of this...

No fast track, no expedited or special services. 

Received    Items    Service          Status    
4/27/2021    1          MODERN     Scheduled for Grading    
4/22/2021    4          MODERN     Scheduled for Grading    
3/2/2021      5          MODERN     Received    
2/23/2021    5          MODERN     Scheduled for Grading    

I'm of the opinion that "Scheduled For Grading" is the new "Received." Seems like submissions entered into the system over the last couple of weeks have been going straight to SFG status the same day. So instead of books being in SFG 3-10 days before going to G/QC, SFG is going to now last weeks before changing. I think they are doing this now so that one can see the list of the actual books entered into the system after waiting 4 weeks since delivery. Again, just my observation of the recents posts and it could be completely proven wrong and stupid later on.

29 minutes ago, Willbert said:

I'm of the opinion that "Scheduled For Grading" is the new "Received." Seems like submissions entered into the system over the last couple of weeks have been going straight to SFG status the same day. So instead of books being in SFG 3-10 days before going to G/QC, SFG is going to now last weeks before changing. I think they are doing this now so that one can see the list of the actual books entered into the system after waiting 4 weeks since delivery. Again, just my observation of the recents posts and it could be completely proven wrong and stupid later on.

This theory makes sense to me.  I'd bet this is the case.  Until, as mentioned, it's proven wrong ;)  

The "Confirm Package Receipt" delivery lookup tool is back. Seems to work...sorta. Old tracking numbers from submissions that are already entered, show as being delivered. But the one outstanding  USPS Priority Mail submission that was delivered 4/9 but not marked RECEIVED yet, does not come up. I'm not concerned because I use USPS Signature Confirmation and it shows signed for by CGC. So I know it's there and will probably get entered sometime in the coming days. Guess it could be misplaced but I'm guessing this new tool is probably going to cause them more headaches and pointless calls until the bugs are worked out and if its not being kept up to date on a daily basis. 

Lol

Have a client who paid extra money for overnight shipping to CGC, to "ensure" their Walkthrough submission would get graded and shipped to Heritage by this week. Box was marked with the Walkthrough abbreviation on all sides. Package was shipped last Wednesday 21st, delivered Thursday the 22nd. As of today (the following Wednesday the 28th) none of the submissions from the box (there were other walkthrough submissions and lower tier submissions) have been entered into the system.

CGC can state that TATs are "not guaranteed" all they want, but this is completely unacceptable. What is the point of turn around times for 1 day books when it takes several days and the submissions isn't even entered in the system yet? 

12 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:

Lol

Have a client who paid extra money for overnight shipping to CGC, to "ensure" their Walkthrough submission would get graded and shipped to Heritage by this week. Box was marked with the Walkthrough abbreviation on all sides. Package was shipped last Wednesday 21st, delivered Thursday the 22nd. As of today (the following Wednesday the 28th) none of the submissions from the box (there were other walkthrough submissions and lower tier submissions) have been entered into the system.

CGC can state that TATs are "not guaranteed" all they want, but this is completely unacceptable. What is the point of turn around times for 1 day books when it takes several days and the submissions isn't even entered in the system yet? 

Well that's lame. Question...how was it overnighted? USPS, UPS or FedEx? I ask because just out of sheer volume, I feel like USPS shipments can get lost in the shuffle.