• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,948 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, sagekilz said:

No fast track on any of these submissions.

Received Items Service  Status Shipped
4/27/2021 1 MODERN  Scheduled for Grading  
4/22/2021 4 MODERN  Scheduled for Grading  
3/2/2021 5 MODERN   Scheduled for Grading  
2/23/2021 5 MODERN  Scheduled for Grading  
1/11/2021 4 MODERN  Finalized / Imaged /   Shipped 3/9/2021

EDIT:

3/2/2021 5 MODERN

Grading / Quality Control

Edited by sagekilz

This is why CGC drives me nuts....

FROM CGC: "Submissions are then arranged by service and received date so that they can be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service type."

Both submissions are identical in services and neither have fast track.

2/23/21
5 books
MODERN
Scheduled for Grading

3/2/21
5 books
MODERN
Edited by sagekilz

1 minute ago, sagekilz said:

FROM CGC: "Submissions are then arranged by service and received date so that they can be graded on a "first in-first out" basis by service type."

2/23/21
5 books
MODERN
Scheduled for Grading

I'd call and point this out if they answer in generalities lol idk, just to get some feedback to post here, but it is all just a wait regardless....

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd call and point this out if they answer in generalities lol idk, just to get some feedback to post here, but it is all just a wait regardless....

"I KNOW CGC is swamped but I have two separate submissions, more than a week apart, and the submission received earlier (#3793951) is still in SFG while the submission received later (#3797097) is already in Grading/Quality Control.  Any insight on why?

Thank you!"

22 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Both submissions are identical in services and neither have fast track.

2/23/21
5 books
MODERN
Scheduled for Grading

3/2/21
5 books
MODERN

Yeah. Last time I made a comment on the FIFO they not only removed it, but gave me a point..  Although it was the way I said it. Still it has become a real problem and mess. 

My first package in over a year to CGC was delivered yesterday.  It's a fast track modern pre-screen so lets hope they open it and get it graded by summer.

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

My first package in over a year to CGC was delivered yesterday.  It's a fast track modern pre-screen so lets hope they open it and get it graded by summer.

By the time you get them back, you'll need to send them back in again to get the microchamber paper replaced.

I don't know exactly how the check in process works, so maybe someone with more knowledge can clarify.  But with it taking a month to check stuff in wouldn't that open them up to a lot of liability if something got damaged during shipping?  It would be hard to argue it didn't happen in their possession if they haven't looked at it for a month.  

On 4/30/2021 at 11:00 AM, Aarrow108 said:

4 book Standard submission

- Delivered 3/26/2021
- "Received" 4/22/2021 (package sat for almost 4 weeks exactly)
- Scheduled for Grading 4/22/2021
- Grading/Quality Control 4/29/2021

Update (finally):

- Delivered 3/26/2021
- "Received" 4/22/2021 (package sat for almost 4 weeks exactly)
- Scheduled for Grading 4/22/2021
- Grading/Quality Control 4/29/2021
- Finalized/Imaged/Shipped: 5/4/2021

Received almost a paragraph of Graders Notes for each of my books, which is why I'm thinking it took almost 4 days to grade these 4 books. Nice to see some attention to detail (as compared to my modern submissions that come back with the same grades, but just one or two lines of notes).

23 minutes ago, Aarrow108 said:

Received almost a paragraph of Graders Notes for each of my books, 

I think I "know" that dude. There's a grader who supplies notes on everything 9.4 and below (sometimes 9.6 too). And if book is rough/low grade, it's every sin, not just the top 2 or 3 problems.

Walkthrough 

Delivered -Via USPS 4-16

Received-

SFG-

G/QC-

Shipped-

Express -Press + Express Grading

Delivered -Via Fedex 4-29 and signed for by DPerez

Received- 5-4

SFG-

G/QC-

Shipped-

4 hours ago, Jaywalker0 said:

I think I "know" that dude. There's a grader who supplies notes on everything 9.4 and below (sometimes 9.6 too). And if book is rough/low grade, it's every sin, not just the top 2 or 3 problems.

"every sin" is pretty spot on for these. YEEESH, stuff that I've never seen documented on any prior grading notes I've ever been provided with  lol

Edited by Aarrow108

5 hours ago, Chazgee said:

More info is always better.

Absolutely, I ain't complaining at all. It's nice to see because it adjusts future expectations knowing what's on a checklist for each 9.x tier. 

5 hours ago, ectocooler said:

B71BC3DF-FBF1-4556-9477-58957746BA15.jpeg

Too true! When books are done, I print the sub list with grades to PDF and edit the grader notes into white space so I have record of flaws. One mid level Value batch, all 5.0-7.5 grades, even just 5 books, had such extensive notes, they wouldnt fit into whitespace and I had to add a blank page to original PDF printout. Very anal retentive and very appreciated.