• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,984 posts in this topic

CGC should show more visibility into the ENTIRE queuing system.  Something graphical that shows the minute progress of the queue and its impact on my order.  Nothing proprietary, but something that shows me that progress is being made.  Or not.  It would definitely ease the "my order fell into a black hole" feeling a lot of us are experiencing.

Make it fun.  People can compare their progress.  Something to talk about and get excited about?

If CGC is not feeling that level of transparency then they probably are doing something wrong.  They should stand by their processes.  Something like this could help CGC identify ways to improve the process.

Alec

On 11/29/2021 at 8:09 PM, noelbeast said:

Thanks for posting this.  I don't check CGC's social media often enough, but this feels like the first real update since end of September when we started getting G/E/I notifications.  I see CGC's Instagram post now and the Remarques pictured are beautiful.  Hope mine turned out just as good and it'll be a short 6 weeks or less wait now, providing all 50 were returned at the same time.

My submission went from Waiting for Grading to G?E/I today finally so I think things are moving on now!  Who did you guys request? I went with Mr Sinister on an X-men blank. The Gambit I saw posted is great and I hope to get that type quality

On 11/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, skybolt said:

Is this for modern slow track? Other than some June received submissions that are currently "misplaced", I believe CGC is now shipping books received in late July.

The vast majority of my July submissions have been sitting at GEI for an extended amount of time.  Since the beginning of October, they have shipped around one weeks of my orders.  So a regression of about seven weeks in the past two months with moderns and economies.  I can't see the horizon for any type of turnaround time improvements.  

On 11/30/2021 at 9:14 AM, skybolt said:

Is this for modern slow track? Other than some June received submissions that are currently "misplaced", I believe CGC is now shipping books received in late July.

It seems to be all over the place.  I have 50 books marked as received on June 29th, they have been in GEI since Oct 26th.  Another 50 books marked as Received on July 21st were shipped back on Nov 12th.

Both of these were slow Modern.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, lonetree said:

It seems to be all over the place.  I have 50 books marked as received on June 29th, they have been in GEI since Oct 26th.  Another 50 books marked as Received on July 21st were shipped back on Nov 12th.

Both of these were slow Modern.

Yea, modern slow track seems to have branched into 3 tiers:

Luck of the Draw Tier: A few submissions are selected for expedited grading and shipped back to the customer within a few weeks of being received.

Current Turnaround Based Tier: Books currently following the stated turnaround time from when they were delivered to CGC. The books being shipped now were officially received sometime in late July.

Lost in a Parallel Dimension Tier: Books received sometime in June that have slipped through a crack in the system.

Edited by skybolt

On 11/30/2021 at 2:04 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Skottie Young remarque w/press moved to G/QC today, as did a Jim Lee remarque no press.

Silvestri remarque no press remains at G/E/I

And here is the problem. Every time a signing happens it seems books in QC and GEI go into limbo. Where is CGC pulling the time to fulfill these 6 week guarantees on SS books from? Oh wait, it is from all their regular submitters. 

On 11/30/2021 at 8:02 AM, Kantankerous said:

It looks like they're shipping books that they marked as "received" in June.  Mine was marked received on 8/29 (even though USPS delivered it in early July).  I probably have about 2 or more months worth of waiting so I'm guessing I'll get my books back in February if I'm lucky.

My friends recevied 8/4's were graded and shipped to him (he has them in hand).  It just hit or miss right now from the Junes.

On 11/30/2021 at 3:01 PM, joeypost said:

Where is CGC pulling the time to fulfill these 6 week guarantees on SS books from? 

Agreed, but 6 weeks? I know that Sienkiewicz signed in early/mid September but I don't think anyone's books books have shipped yet.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:55 AM, skypinkblu said:

I was told to mark my box with ME in big letters...I did that, HUGE letters.

I really do not understand why they still want people to mark on the box ... ME, EX, WK.  Aren't they caught up (or within a few days) of opening packages?

On 11/30/2021 at 4:59 PM, Gaard said:

I really do not understand why they still want people to mark on the box ... ME, EX, WK.  Aren't they caught up (or within a few days) of opening packages?

Especially if they don't open those boxes first, lol.:foryou:

On 11/30/2021 at 3:25 PM, Chazgee said:

Agreed, but 6 weeks? I know that Sienkiewicz signed in early/mid-September but I don't think anyone's books books have shipped yet.

From each private signings information page.

"After Walt and Louise sign the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners".

On 11/30/2021 at 6:08 PM, joeypost said:
On 11/30/2021 at 2:25 PM, Chazgee said:

Agreed, but 6 weeks? I know that Sienkiewicz signed in early/mid-September but I don't think anyone's books books have shipped yet.

"After Walt and Louise sign the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners".

Thank You! I thought about posting that, September seems more than 6-8 weeks ago, but idk

I hope we all somehow get resolution but :fourleafclover::wavingwhiteflag:

On 11/30/2021 at 7:08 PM, joeypost said:

Oh, yeah. I've read that and am aware that it's just an estimation, I just REALLY want my Sienkiewicz books back. I can't wait to see his remarques.