• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

This seller calls this copy a "9.4" based on a small colour break near the bottom left hand corner...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-678-NM-Joe-Quinones-Venom-Variant-Near-Mint-9-4-NO-RESERVE-/291729567599?hash=item43ec6fef6f:g:cmsAAOSwpIdW7fuw

But I've seen CGC graded 9.8 copies of this book with more noticeable spine ticks than that, and even with multiple spine ticks. hm

-J.

This is the third time the seller has listed that copy. Others were BINs.

Good close-ups of the front and back, but only a far camera pick of the front cover and it's still in a shiny sleeve. Would probably do the seller better (or worse if he's hiding defects) to also include a front and back cover scan.

There are very large front and back cover scans in the item description...

That's what I get for not scrolling down.

Figured you were on a mobile device. Not a huge fan of the eBay app.

And for those that say its over valued and blah blah they made these venom variants for books that weren't doing well to get more people to buy the series. Its a 1:50 meaning a shop would have had to order 50 copies to get just one of these and news flash, if it was a series that wasn't doing so well guess how many shops actually ordered 50? Not many.

This seller calls this copy a "9.4" based on a small colour break near the bottom left hand corner...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-678-NM-Joe-Quinones-Venom-Variant-Near-Mint-9-4-NO-RESERVE-/291729567599?hash=item43ec6fef6f:g:cmsAAOSwpIdW7fuw

But I've seen CGC graded 9.8 copies of this book with more noticeable spine ticks than that, and even with multiple spine ticks. hm

-J.

This is the third time the seller has listed that copy. Others were BINs.

Good close-ups of the front and back, but only a far camera pick of the front cover and it's still in a shiny sleeve. Would probably do the seller better (or worse if he's hiding defects) to also include a front and back cover scan.

There are very large front and back cover scans in the item description...

That's what I get for not scrolling down.

Figured you were on a mobile device. Not a huge fan of the eBay app.

What I dislike most about the eBay app is that it does not have any quick way to ID best offer sales versus "regular" sales. Seems like an easy fix -- and is something they already do on the site -- but no dice.

And for those that say its over valued and blah blah they made these venom variants for books that weren't doing well to get more people to buy the series. Its a 1:50 meaning a shop would have had to order 50 copies to get just one of these and news flash, if it was a series that wasn't doing so well guess how many shops actually ordered 50? Not many.

Well, there you go. :sumo: I betja it's worth a BILLION dollars! :insane:

I don't know value but I bought it for $25 and its one of my last variant ASM. I recently sold them all off. I will probably be selling this one soon too.

photo IMG_0250_zpsuf4be6df.jpg

$25? thats awesome ! Did you by it off the rack?

I don't know value but I bought it for $25 and its one of my last variant ASM. I recently sold them all off. I will probably be selling this one soon too.

photo IMG_0250_zpsuf4be6df.jpg

$25? thats awesome ! Did you by it off the rack?

That's his OO copy bought off the rack. :ohnoez:

-J.

Just got my personal copy for my own run just a couple weeks back. Glad to have it. Now I just need dell'otto 667 out of the bigguns of ASM variants to complete my run...

Congrats on the pick up. You should post your copy in the thread.

This and the 667 Dell'otto are definitely the crown jewels of the ASM modern variant run. :cloud9:

-J.

Just got my personal copy for my own run just a couple weeks back. Glad to have it. Now I just need dell'otto 667 out of the bigguns of ASM variants to complete my run...

If you want to pay off my mortgage, I'll sell you my 667 :P

Good to see this book holding its own (thumbs u

Jerome

Congrats on the pick up. You should post your copy in the thread.

This and the 667 Dell'otto are definitely the crown jewels of the ASM modern variant run. :cloud9:

-J.

Thanks!! Will do!