• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing 678 Mary Jane variant....
2 2

1,475 posts in this topic

...ah, to live the dream of finding an ASM 678 variant at a show, for next to nothing...will probably never happen but ya never know. :cloud9:

Wasn't at a show but the one I got in Sept 2012 that got a 9.8 was at an LCS for $30, Never say "never." Unless it's about the price of this book dropping. Then it's definitely never lol

Easier said and done eight months after a book comes out than 4 and a half years. lol

-J.

...ah, to live the dream of finding an ASM 678 variant at a show, for next to nothing...will probably never happen but ya never know. :cloud9:

Wasn't at a show but the one I got in Sept 2012 that got a 9.8 was at an LCS for $30, Never say "never." Unless it's about the price of this book dropping. Then it's definitely never lol

Easier said and done eight months after a book comes out than 4 and a half years. lol

-J.

What was I thinking, it was Sept 2014 durp!

-J.

What was I thinking, it was Sept 2014 durp!

Well....that is impressive. (worship)

-J.

This seller calls this copy a "9.4" based on a small colour break near the bottom left hand corner...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-678-NM-Joe-Quinones-Venom-Variant-Near-Mint-9-4-NO-RESERVE-/291729567599?hash=item43ec6fef6f:g:cmsAAOSwpIdW7fuw

But I've seen CGC graded 9.8 copies of this book with more noticeable spine ticks than that, and even with multiple spine ticks. hm

-J.

I have always liked the cover, but the one thing that has always bothered me is the way they drew he right below the belly. Looks like she has fat folds / fupa / pouch. Needless t say, I would still buy one if the price was right.

This seller calls this copy a "9.4" based on a small colour break near the bottom left hand corner...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-678-NM-Joe-Quinones-Venom-Variant-Near-Mint-9-4-NO-RESERVE-/291729567599?hash=item43ec6fef6f:g:cmsAAOSwpIdW7fuw

But I've seen CGC graded 9.8 copies of this book with more noticeable spine ticks than that, and even with multiple spine ticks. hm

-J.

This is the third time the seller has listed that copy. Others were BINs.

Good close-ups of the front and back, but only a far camera pick of the front cover and it's still in a shiny sleeve. Would probably do the seller better (or worse if he's hiding defects) to also include a front and back cover scan.

-J.

Good close-ups of the front and back, but only a far camera pick of the front cover and it's still in a shiny sleeve. Would probably do the seller better (or worse if he's hiding defects) to also include a front and back cover scan.

There are very large front and back cover scans in the item description...

-J.

Technically they are pictures and not scans.

I agree that they are adequate nonetheless, however.

-J.

-J.

Technically they are pictures and not scans.

I agree that they are adequate nonetheless, however.

-J.

I think when a book is placed in a scanner and an image is generated that it is indeed a scan...

I've never been able to figure out why you bother to post as often as you do in this thread.

Baffling.

-J.

I'm here to learn four syllable adjectives and read mostly, I read modern threads much more than I reply in them. Though I will point out that I don't like posting with people who edit their content to make my posts appear out of context. ie - ruining the joke

Also, even though it is none of your business - I'm a Spider-man collector and reader for many years.

How 'bout you? Why do you post as often as you do in this thread?

Just kidding, like we both don't already know. ;)

So since we're playing Q & A about Spider-man 678 - what recently took place that was pivotal to the story in this issue?

:taptaptap:

I've never been able to figure out why you bother to post as often as you do in this thread.

Baffling.

-J.

I'm here to learn four syllable adjectives and read mostly, I read modern threads much more than I reply in them. Though I will point out that I don't like posting with people who edit their content to make my posts appear out of context. ie - ruining the joke.

Also, even though it is none of your business - I'm a Spider-man collector and reader for many years.

So since we're playing Q & A about Spider-man 678 - what recently took place that was pivotal to the story in this issue?

Yeah I did that. Felt a little douchey in the moment. :devil:

Yes I post in the thread because I love the cover. Adore it. It was the first modern variant I ever decided to purchase already slabbed for significantly over cover.

Is your question pertaining to Peter's premontion of the future in 678?

-J.

Baffling.

-J.

I'm here to learn four syllable adjectives and read mostly, I read modern threads much more than I reply in them. Though I will point out that I don't like posting with people who edit their content to make my posts appear out of context. ie - ruining the joke.

Yeah I did that. Felt a little douchey in the moment. :devil:

Yes I post in the thread because I love the cover. Adore it. It was the first modern variant I ever decided to purchase already slabbed for significantly over cover.

Is your question pertaining to Peter's premontion of the future in 678?

-J.

No. It related to the twist that helped Spidey save the world after him and Grady mess around with some time travel tech.

I vaguely remember the plot of 678 (though I do remember liking it and wishing the storyline had been longer than a two-parter).

I haven't read past issue 3 of the new series yet.

Sounds like I need to get caught up though. :)

-J.

-J.

That's what I get for not scrolling down.