• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Artist's Editions you would buy (if IDW actually made them)?

IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy  

387 members have voted

1. 1. IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy

542 posts in this topic

As much as I'd like a Jack Kirby Artist's Edition the one that I want the most is. . .Bill Watterson's Calvin & Hobbes Artist's Edition.

How about this bad boy? The Complete Calvin and Hobbes (Paperback Box Set) or it's HC sibling

I can't imagine a better collection.

I can ;-)

I take it that you'll accept the challenge then. Great! :)

As much as I'd like a Jack Kirby Artist's Edition the one that I want the most is. . .Bill Watterson's Calvin & Hobbes Artist's Edition.

How about this bad boy? The Complete Calvin and Hobbes (Paperback Box Set) or it's HC sibling

I can ;-)

Yes, I would love to do a collection of the strip—one of the all-time greats, I still miss it. That said, right now allI can does imagine it, Mr. Watterson is difficult to reach. But it would be so cool...

I can ;-)

Yes, I would love to do a collection of the strip—one of the all-time greats, I still miss it. That said, right now allI can does imagine it, Mr. Watterson is difficult to reach. But it would be so cool...

I'd be happy to get you started Scott. You've got to start somewhere. (thumbs u

Scott

Isn't all the Calvin art in one place now ? The cartoon art museum ?

Not quite all of it. There are a few dailies and Sundays floating around.

One landed in Scott Williams' collection (click on it to go to the CAF):

calvin%20and%20hobbes.jpg

The resizing options of the image tag don't work. Sorry.

Is there any chance we could ever see a Ditko Spider-Man volume including the Amazing Fantasy #15 OA? I believe the LOC has the pages and has also digitized them.

Ditko Spidey would be the #1 AE I'd like to own. Then a Neal Adams Batman. Then something for Creig Flessel.

Received the Eisner SPIRIT book today, and this time my wife had the laborious task of lugging the heavy book in to me from its front door delivery!

Needless to say, beautiful work. Never really had much of an opportunity to study Eisner's vintage SPIRIT art, though I can clearly see how someone like Wally Wood drew inspiration for his prime EC work (and, co-incidentally, Woody would go on to collaborate with Eisner on the Spirit-on-the-Moon storylines).

Who needs to buy expensive originals anymore when the production values are so high on Scotty's labour-of-love collections (at a fraction of the price the OA would likely fetch) where you get an instantaneous collection of OA-quality work?

The opportunities for future volumes are endless!

As a long-time and (somewhat) jaded collector, I'm excited, young at heart, and enthusiastic once again!

I'm back to the days when collecting Original Artwork was a PASSION . . . not a commodity choice for INVESTMENT purposes. zzz

Received the Eisner SPIRIT book today, and this time my wife had the laborious task of lugging the heavy book in to me from its front door delivery!

Needless to say, beautiful work. Never really had much of an opportunity to study Eisner's vintage SPIRIT art, though I can clearly see how someone like Wally Wood drew inspiration for his prime EC work (and, co-incidentally, Woody would go on to collaborate with Eisner on the Spirit-on-the-Moon storylines).

Who needs to buy expensive originals anymore when the production values are so high on Scotty's labour-of-love collections (at a fraction of the price the OA would likely fetch) where you get an instantaneous collection of OA-quality work?

The opportunities for future volumes are endless!

As a long-time and (somewhat) jaded collector, I'm excited, young at heart, and enthusiastic once again!

I'm back to the days when collecting Original Artwork was a PASSION . . . not a commodity choice for INVESTMENT purposes. zzz

Thank you, Terry, you made my day.

Best,

Scott

Anyone know the best place where I can still pick up last year's "John Romita's The Amazing Spider-Man: Artist's Edition Limited Remarqued Version" for near cover price? The edition with JR's head sketch and signed by him and Stan Lee?

Kicking myself for passing it up in person at IDW's booth last year at WonderCon when I had the chance.

Hi Scott,

I am contemplating whether I should order the "Mark Schultz' Xenozoic Tales" AE through my LCS.

Will there be special edition of this book available for SDCC?

If this is the case then I think I would for the special edition.

Hi Scott,

I am contemplating whether I should order the "Mark Schultz' Xenozoic Tales" AE through my LCS.

Will there be special edition of this book available for SDCC?

If this is the case then I think I would for the special edition.

There will be a special edition for SDCC. It will be signed and numbered. Mark is not doing any remarques.

Best,

Scott