• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Artist's Editions you would buy (if IDW actually made them)?

IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy  

387 members have voted

1. 1. IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy

542 posts in this topic

The Jack Davis one does tend to dwarf it though...man that thing is huge.

Both of the EC books (Jack Davis and Wally Wood), as well as the Will Eisner book are extra-super-huge. I believe this is due to the larger size of paper that the art on these older series was drawn on. I assume that the upcoming Best of EC will similarly be collected in the larger sized book.

The Jack Davis one does tend to dwarf it though...man that thing is huge.

Both of the EC books (Jack Davis and Wally Wood), as well as the Will Eisner book are extra-super-huge. I believe this is due to the larger size of paper that the art on these older series was drawn on. I assume that the upcoming Best of EC will similarly be collected in the larger sized book.

I think its a gorgeous way to showcase some of that older EC art.

The Davis stuff -- even though I was never a fan of the Tales from the Crypt books -- is stunning to look at.

Got my John Byrne's Fantastic Four Artist Edition from my LCS yesterday. It is a thing of beauty. Keep up the good work, Scott!

byrne_f4_ae_cover.jpg

Thanks, Terry.

It was Saint Doyle, not Devil Doyle, Scott! :grin:

Got my John Byrne's Fantastic Four Artist Edition from my LCS yesterday. It is a thing of beauty. Keep up the good work, Scott!

byrne_f4_ae_cover.jpg

Thanks, Terry.

It was Saint Doyle, not Devil Doyle, Scott! :grin:

Oh, shoot, sorry about that!!

And, about the EC books, you are right, they are printed that size because the paper was that big.

Hey Guys,

The IDW Comic-Con exclusives (available for pre-order) went live this morning:

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2608/

Info on a wide range of stuff, including four Artist's Editions:

1) Best of EC, limited to 250, signature plate signed by Feldstein

2) Jack Davis EC, limited to 250, signature plate signed by Davis

3) Mark Shultz's Xenozoic Tales, limited to 250, signature plate signed by Mark (and with a new cover by Mark, exclusive to this book

4) An EC Covers AE portfolio, limited to 250 (but not numbered or signed). 8 classic EC covers.

Check them out.

Best,

Scott

Hey Guys,

The IDW Comic-Con exclusives (available for pre-order) went live this morning:

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2608/

Info on a wide range of stuff, including four Artist's Editions:

1) Best of EC, limited to 250, signature plate signed by Feldstein

2) Jack Davis EC, limited to 250, signature plate signed by Davis

3) Mark Shultz's Xenozoic Tales, limited to 250, signature plate signed by Mark (and with a new cover by Mark, exclusive to this book

4) An EC Covers AE portfolio, limited to 250 (but not numbered or signed). 8 classic EC covers.

Check them out.

Best,

Scott

Awesome exclusives. Will you be bringing the full slate of AEs that are available? Is it possible for us to order non-exclusives for pick up at the con?

Awesome exclusives. Will you be bringing the full slate of AEs that are available? Is it possible for us to order non-exclusives for pick up at the con?

We will have a limited number of other available but you will only be able to pre-order these.

Please stop by and say hello!

Scott

@Scott,

Does the SDCC exclusive "Xenozoic" AE come with a Mark Schultz signature plate or not?

It says so in this thread however it is not listed as such on your website.

Are there any other differences from the regular version (except for the cover)?

Thanks.

@Scott,

Does the SDCC exclusive "Xenozoic" AE come with a Mark Schultz signature plate or not?

Are there any other differences from the regular version (except for the cover)?

Thanks.

Hmm, we'll have to fix that, thanks for the tip.

The Mark Schultz Xenozoic Tales limited DOES come with a signature plate, numbered up to 250.

Best,

Scott

@Scott,

Thanks.

The Mark Schultz Xenozoic Tales limited DOES come with a signature plate, numbered up to 250.

Best,

Scott

@Scott,

but except for the different cover and the signature plate both editions are the same then?

There is no slipcase or addtional material in the SDCC version?

The Jack Davis AE arrived here, today.

In the Horror genre, Graham Ingels is (for me) head-and-shoulders above Davis, but Jack was a versatile artist and this book showcases his ability to slip easily into different types of story.

For me, Davis was at his best working for the Kurtzman-edited War books.

I was especially pleased to see 'Whupped!' featured in this book. To my mind, this was Davis's best-ever EC story. I placed a heavy bid on the original art years ago when Cochran auctioned the story. Anthony Smith must have liked this one, too, as he matched my bid and won out (as his bid arrived before mine!).

Excellent addition to this series of wonderful books, Scott. Really looking forward to the Best-of-EC volume.

Just got my Byrne's copy, and it's impressive!

This was my first time to buy it directly to IDW from Spain, and the last one. I paid $56 for shipping plus $45 for customs, since they declared full value. It's not a criticism about this, but I ended paying $200 for a $100 book, so next time I'll use my local comic book shop and order it via Previews, like in the past.

Anyway, IDW costumer service was really good. They shipped it really fast and it arrived in record time, fully protected and it was traceable in both legs.

Fortunately, I ordered the Byrne's FF book, which was well worth even at this price. IDW again produced another flawless edition with great design, at the level of such masterwork. Again, thanks to Scott and his team, and all the collectors who provided the scans of their pieces.

Looking at the covers of FF #234 and #286, I'm not sure if I prefer the covers with overlays or without them. People?

@Scott,

Thanks.

Best,

Scott

@Scott,

but except for the different cover and the signature plate both editions are the same then?

@Scott,

Can you confirm, please?

@Scott,

Thanks.

Best,

Scott

@Scott,

@Scott,

Can you confirm, please?

There is definitely not a slipcase and I don't believe they've ever had a different page count for exclusives. They've always been diff cover, sigs, sketch, or case.