• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Artist's Editions you would buy (if IDW actually made them)?

IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy  

387 members have voted

1. 1. IDW Artist's Editions You Would Buy

542 posts in this topic

Personally, I'd love for IDW to follow up the John Romita SR book with a John Romita JR book (with examples of him being inked by Al Williamson and Klaus Janson and some of the few JRJR/JRSR pieces.

The question is which work would be most interesting: The Daredevil work with Al Williamson, the Thor or Spider-man work with Klaus Janson?

Who am I trying to kid, I'll keep buying these books no matter which artists they feature.

I'd love to see some Artist's Editions that didn't necessarily have full stories; just page after page of random original art. Coherently organized (maybe broken up into characters or titles or something like that), but random.

Do you think this would ever be considered?

I'd love to see some Artist's Editions that didn't necessarily have full stories; just page after page of random original art. Coherently organized (maybe broken up into characters or titles or something like that), but random.

That would be a good idea, and agree there'd still need to be some sort of theme.

I'd like Silver age Marvel Covers, DC covers, ect.

That could be real nice.

That would be a good idea, and agree there'd still need to be some sort of theme.

I'd like Silver age Marvel Covers, DC covers, ect.

That could be real nice.

Absolutely, that would be mega.

Also, random pages with themes such as Adams Batman, Ditko Spidey, McFarlane Spidey, Golden Age Masters, X-men, etc, etc. :wishluck:

@Scott,

Brett Blevins still owns many of his art, and he often post it in Facebook, maybe you could do an AE from it. I'm aware that he's not extremely popular, but I'm sure that many of us still would buy it, specially from his NM, Hulk or X-Men run.

blevinsxmen219cvr.jpg

blevinsstorm.jpg

blevinsxmen219splashpen.jpg

Short of following this thread more closely, how can I find out about officially announced upcoming Artist's Editions? I subscribed to IDW's (worthless) newsletter, and made sure to have the "Artist Editions" box checked under my interests (in fact that was the only interest box I had checked), but for the past year the only things IDW wanted me to be aware of was upcoming over-priced Ninja Turtles and Transformers books. Several AE's were released in this time, but IDW's newsletter never mentioned this to me. I used to check the wikipedia page for DC's Abolsute Editions to see what was coming up next, but there isn't an equivalent source that I've found for Artist Editions....

The last few nights I've been reading through the Mad AE. Even stories I didn't previously enjoy reading in the (beautifully-done) Cochran reprints, I enjoyed quite a bit, just because I could really peruse the details of the art. A good example of that was "Smiling Melvin." In the AE you can really see every bit of Wood's genius. Thanks again, Scott! I have the three already-published EC-related AEs, the "Best of" on the way, and I can't wait for the Ingels AE!!!!

Okay, thanks for the comments, I'll see about fixing that, but probably not until after Comic-Con.

Best,

Scott

You are welcome, but remember what Robert Half said:

"Free advice is worth the price."

Any chance we can get a preview of any SDCC variants or exclusives on the AE front?

Trying to decide what to buy now and what to wait on . . . especially with the Byrne AE shipping this week.

Any chance we can get a preview of any SDCC variants or exclusives on the AE front?

I'll second that. I need to weigh the increased cost of Con exclusives paired with the annoyance of carrying them through airport security vs. just getting the regular editions from my LCS.

Hello Folks,

We'll be announcing all the IDW con exclusive's on Monday, including AE's. There will be signed versions of Best of EC, Xenozoic and Jack Davis. Details to follow on Monday. There will also be a little AE surprise for SDCC.

Best,

Scott

Hello Folks,

We'll be announcing all the IDW con exclusive's on Monday, including AE's. There will be signed versions of Best of EC, Xenozoic and Jack Davis. Details to follow on Monday. There will also be a little AE surprise for SDCC.

Best,

Scott

:o

:popcorn:

Got my John Byrne's Fantastic Four Artist Edition from my LCS yesterday. It is a thing of beauty. Keep up the good work, Scott!

byrne_f4_ae_cover.jpg

Totally agree. Great book and fits well with my Daredevil and Thor Artist's Editions.

The Jack Davis one does tend to dwarf it though...man that thing is huge.