• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic you will never sell

183 posts in this topic

xmen.jpg

Simply for sentimental reasons. I remember seeing this on the wall of my LCS. I was only about 12. I fell in love with the cover and lamented the fact that I didn't have the money for it. My parents surprised me with it for Christmas.

Guest Reader

Can't sell this one. Will give it to my daughter one day. She probably won't be able to sell it either since it's personalized to her.

NF1SS.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 - Blue 1.8 - First book I bought as a reward for graduating collge

Amazing Fantasy 15 - Blue 3.5 - Book presents from the front better than my 6.0 and this book was the start of my "real" comic collecting.

The 6.0... I could sell if the price was ever right, pick up a 5.0 and pocket the rest.

I would never sell this Road Runner book I have as I am pretty sure it was the first book I ever owned.

All of my Golden Age books are purchased with the idea that I may never get rid of them. They are too 'classic' in an Americana sort of way.

You have 3 copies? That is crazy.

You think that is crazy... there is this guy that likes to collect Iron Man / Submariner #1 books...

127433.jpg

This one.

It's the first comic book I ever bought and if I ever sell everything

this will be one that stays with me.

To me it deserves that honor for staying with me all these years.

I've got one just like that. I had a small stack of comics I read and re-read as a kid. This was one of them. :)

Amazing Fantasy 15 - Blue 1.8 - First book I bought as a reward for graduating collge

Amazing Fantasy 15 - Blue 3.5 - Book presents from the front better than my 6.0 and this book was the start of my "real" comic collecting.

The 6.0... I could sell if the price was ever right, pick up a 5.0 and pocket the rest.

I would never sell this Road Runner book I have as I am pretty sure it was the first book I ever owned.

All of my Golden Age books are purchased with the idea that I may never get rid of them. They are too 'classic' in an Americana sort of way.

You think that is crazy... there is this guy that likes to collect Iron Man / Submariner #1 books...

:roflmao:

:roflmao:

lol

SCAN0034.jpg

Sentimental reasons. One of the first back issues I ever got. My dad fronted the $12.50 for it. When we got home and I tried to read it, we discovered the cover was about to fall off because the spine was so rough, so we did the obvious thing and rubber cemented the cover to the comic.

That was over 25 years ago, but darned if the cover isn't still as secure as can be.

I don't have any comics that I'd refuse to sell. I do have one sketch that'd hate hate HATE to part with:

infantino_flash.jpg

It's the first thing I ever got from Carmine Infantino. It hangs on my wall, and makes me happy every time I see it. :)

I don't have any comics that I'd refuse to sell. I do have one sketch that'd hate hate HATE to part with:

infantino_flash.jpg

It's the first thing I ever got from Carmine Infantino. It hangs on my wall, and makes me happy every time I see it. :)

(worship)

(worship)

It was also the first time I got yelled at by Carmine! lol He's awesomely cantankerous.

infantino_flash.jpg

I agree. Mine is not a comic either, but a sketch, circa 1990, from my favorite artist of all time. Miss you Al.

AlWilliamson.jpg