• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic you will never sell

183 posts in this topic

Really nice Golden Age books Dave! Thanks for sharring.

[font:Times New Roman]You're welcome, and thanks, Dan! :banana:

Here are several more that I'll probably never sell...[/font]

MarvelMystery2_front-1-1.jpg

img_HT23_009-1.jpg

img_MysticV22_037-1-2A.jpg

What awesome books Dave. (worship)

There's nothing I wouldn't eventually sell, but these are the hardest ones to let go.

My all time grail. :cloud9:

35ecbaaf.jpg

When I bought this book, I thought all 25 year old books would be looking like this one. lol

002.jpg

Just look at all those sigs.

9thWonders1SS.jpg

Signed by Jack Kirby.

ASM1.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Thanks guys! One final (?) contribution to this thread of comic(s) we'd never see ourselves selling.

These are a couple of tough grail books acquired from my bud Bedrock a couple of months back...

img_DM8_191-4.jpg

img_Hit18_193-1-1A.jpg

Thanks, bro, you're a Godzilla among men![/font] (worship)

There's nothing I wouldn't eventually sell, but these are the hardest ones to let go.

35ecbaaf.jpg

Is that a reproduction cover? If not it B E A utiful. (worship)

It is a reproduction cover with original interiors. Still looks awesome in the Mylar!

35ecbaaf.jpg

Is that a reproduction cover? If not it B E A utiful. (worship)

It is a reproduction cover with original interiors. Still looks awesome in the Mylar!

Sure as sh-t does.I can only hope to own a copy someday. (worship)

Ive had to wait until now to see if i could answer this question so today i went through my CGC collection and pulled out 3 books that i would never sell which are:-

1. Batman #227 (Oakland) 9.6

2. Strange Adventures #117 9.2

3. Tales of Suspense #49 9.6

All the above are all Old Label Blue and have not been pressed. But then i thought to myself but then again if anyone were to make me a generous, out of this world, cant really refuse offer i would sell. In fact i dont think there is really any collector who wouldnt sell a comic if the price is right. I know a lot of you may disagree because i didnt think i would sell the books i listed but if a big sum of money were to be offered far more than you were expecting would you really refuse?

Superman 75 Platinum - mailed to me on my 9th birthday by Dan Jurgens himself:

That is freaking cool. What is the story behind it?

My Dad's firm had been engaged to do some work for him at the time (a couple years after the DoS story arc) and I was always huge into Superman though somehow I wasn't into comics. Anyway, my Dad had a business lunch with him where he asked if Dan would do a doodle on the back of his business card for me (pic below - got a sketch before I even knew that was a "thing" !). I don't actually know if my Dad got in touch with him shortly after that again or what, but a manila envelope showed up at our house the week of my birthday and it had two comics in it - the Supes 75 and a Thor Volume 2 #1 both signed! (now that I think about it, I think it was actually later than my ninth birthday cause the Thor book was released in '98 - can't remember the dates properly anymore...)

I didn't take as good care of the Thor book cause when I was a kid I didn't know who Thor was. It's probably an 8.5 or something (never got it CGC'd). But those two books were the first comics I ever got. Somehow I knew not to read the Superman one - I tucked it away and kept it in the best shape I could (I did promptly go out and get a copy of the trade paperback for the full story) - then after all this time, I finally decided to get in CGC'd as I've paid more attention to actual collecting and it turned out to be a 9.6! Not bad for a kid who had no notion of how to preserve a comic for 20 years.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Nice story! :)