• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold returns as Conan!!!

136 posts in this topic

I thought the new actor playing Conan was fantastic. It was the story that needed work.

Admittedly, I'm not a Conan afficionado, but I thought the movie was much better than it's reputation, and from a non-fan perspective, I thought it worked pretty good.

I thought the new actor playing Conan was fantastic. It was the story that needed work.

Agreed.

Yep. Momoa was a much better Conan than Arnold, but when you hire the writers of Sahara to do the screenplay, well...

So it looks like Chris Morgan who wrote the last three Fast and Furious films will do this. My only real hope is that with Milius out of the picture there might be a chance to see a real REH adaptation. Hour of the Dragon would awesome, but I'd be foolish to get my hopes up.

Momoa is a good actor. I think he captured the physicality of Conan pretty well. He looked good, fought well ,ect.

But he did not LOOK LIKE CONAN!

Conan is not an Asian or a Pacific Islander. He is not dark eyed.

Howard used very specific racial characteristics in describing his characters and we have never seen an actor who played Conan who looked like Conan is supposed to look. Not Schwarzenegger and not Momoa.

Agreed.

Yep. Momoa was a much better Conan than Arnold, but when you hire the writers of Sahara to do the screenplay, well...

So it looks like Chris Morgan who wrote the last three Fast and Furious films will do this. My only real hope is that with Milius out of the picture there might be a chance to see a real REH adaptation. Hour of the Dragon would awesome, but I'd be foolish to get my hopes up.

Real REH Adaptation does not go well with

Morgan, Fast & The Furious, and Action film.

The film may not be as messy an abortion as the last Marcus Nispel "effort", but it is still going to suck

I actually am looking forward to this film. Given a well written story, this could be a take on Conan in his later years when he was King. Arnold is an experienced enough actor that he will be able to pull it off.

I personally thought the 1982 film was fantastic, I have watched it many times.

Momoa was ok, but that film just lacked any character and the writing was terrible.

Maybe, just maybe they will listen to what we the viewers didn't like about Momoa's version, and make a good film with a good story.

Maybe. :wishluck:

Momoa is a good actor. I think he captured the physicality of Conan pretty well. He looked good, fought well ,ect.

Howard used very specific racial characteristics in describing his characters and we have never seen an actor who played Conan who looked like Conan is supposed to look. Now Schwarzenegger and not Momoa.

Take deep breaths. It's Ahnaald - you should know he'll be back

I do not have high hopes reading these quotes:

Fredrik Malmberg

"The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior," says Malmberg, "and this is the take of the film we will make. It’s that mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle."

Chris Morgan

"After the original seminal movie, all that came after looked silly to me,” Morgan says. “[Conan] lives by that barbarian law of the wild, capable of extreme violence and rage, but he has created his own code and operates from within it. By the end of that film, Conan became a certain character, and this film picks him up there, as he faces different challenges that include dealing with age. [it's] where Arnold is now in his life, and we will be able to use the fact that he has aged in this story. I love the property of Conan so much that I wouldn’t touch it unless we came up with something worthy. We think this is a worthy successor to the original film. Think of this as Conan’s Unforgiven."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35606

CROM, PLEASE SLAY THESE WORTHLESS HACKS!

Howard used very specific racial characteristics in describing his characters and we have never seen an actor who played Conan who looked like Conan is supposed to look. Now Schwarzenegger and not Momoa.

Take deep breaths. It's Ahnaald - you should know he'll be back

Hang that worthless beeatch on the Tree of Woe