• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Modern Speculation Thread
5 5

633 posts in this topic

Yeah its been written so bad for so long that nobody cares.

You dont see the love for Supes like you do for Batman

After reading Action Comics #1 I'm not surprised. Writing and art was absolutely atrocious.

Yeah its been written so bad for so long that nobody cares.

You dont see the love for Supes like you do for Batman

After reading Action Comics #1 I'm not surprised. Writing and art was absolutely atrocious.

+1

I left mine in the can.

Glad I stopped reading ASM years ago....anyone know the first appearance of the golden Ocotobot?

Amazing Spider-Man #594

Are you sure? 594 was the first appearance of the octobots but they all glow green in that issue. From what I can tell Avenging Spider-man 8 is the first appearance of the golden octobot.

Edited by Weenman

Revival #1 keeps on rising. It's tough to find anything under the $15 mark and even tougher to find multiples. I was told I was insane buying a few copies at $12.50 a couple of weeks back lol

Graded copies aren't picking up though...

In that type of case just means people are wanting to read the book. I much prefer this case scenario then the other where CGC slabs are selling and the normal copies aren't.

Good job man i purchased 4 copies for cover few months ago didnt know the print run was real low, also i stocked up on walking dead 103 because of a first appearance hiding in there like many i know.

Clone preview I take it?

Correct.

I bought three copies of WD 103 tonight and a copy of Clone 1. Couldn't find the Colson book though.

... and for all you sellers/speculators out there this sums up really well how worthless Ebay seller protection is

http://codenerdz.com/blog/2012/12/03/think-of-selling-on-ebay-using-paypal-think-again/

I'm not suggesting you use different methods to sell items, we all love ebay when things are going well... just thought the post was well written and exceptionally easy to understand.

Revival #1 keeps on rising. It's tough to find anything under the $15 mark and even tougher to find multiples. I was told I was insane buying a few copies at $12.50 a couple of weeks back lol

Graded copies aren't picking up though...

In that type of case just means people are wanting to read the book. I much prefer this case scenario then the other where CGC slabs are selling and the normal copies aren't.

Image is releasing an Image Firsts reprint of Revival #1 and several others next week, so it will be interesting to see how those raw prices hold up.

... and for all you sellers/speculators out there this sums up really well how worthless Ebay seller protection is

http://codenerdz.com/blog/2012/12/03/think-of-selling-on-ebay-using-paypal-think-again/

I'm not suggesting you use different methods to sell items, we all love ebay when things are going well... just thought the post was well written and exceptionally easy to understand.

damn this is crazy.

damn this is crazy.

Wow. I sell on eBay as well and I had a person try to return a CGC graded book. She emailed me and said this...

"Hello,

thanks for shipping the comic quickly. Sadly i will be returning the book, While a very nice looking copy I find a few scuffs and other small issues with the book. I tend to be a tough grader so I assure you that you did nothing wrong. i would rather go through you to get a refund rather than put a claim in because i don't want to affect you negatively at all. I will mail the package back to you with tracking tomorrow and await your refund."

I said I don't take returns on graded books (cost time and money lost). I figured this is just a BS case of "buyers remorse" and since she said I did nothing wrong (and I have it in writing) that I am okay. WRONG. I called eBay after she said this...

"Well i feel as if i should be able to return it. I am sending it out today with tracking and insurance and expect a full refund! i will provide you the info this afternoon"

Once again, I don't accept graded book returns (you know what you are getting). Yeah, she opened a "item not as described case", eBay is siding with her and said she can leave me negative feedback if I don't take the return, so now I'm between a rock and hard place. Oh well. I don't even think you can block buyers from bidding in the future. No seller protection. Why even say "NO RETURNS" on eBay if you can't enforce it? I will start requiring signature on large sales though (lesson learned from the story).

Ryan

I have a hard time believing a bank would issue a chargeback without proof of having the item returned. I have had this scenario play out several times just in the past year (it's myself asking for the chargeback) I have had to prove that the item was returned to the seller before any credit was given - either by Ebay or my credit card company.

2c

I don't even think you can block buyers from bidding in the future.

Middle column, second link. ;-)

http://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html

And, you are absolutely correct. There is no protection for sellers, and if buyers want to be deceptive and fraudulent, then eBay will allow them to do so. Might as well just agree to accept returns as, when it comes right down to it, there really is no other option. eBay will never support a seller.

Edited by jjeanius

I don't even think you can block buyers from bidding in the future.

Middle column, second link. ;-)

http://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html

And, you are absolutely correct. There is no protection for sellers, and if buyers want to be deceptive and fraudulent, then eBay will allow them to do so. Might as well just agree to accept returns as, when it comes right down to it, there really is no other option. eBay will never support a seller.

Thank you for the link. (thumbs u

I guess I'll just go full returns available from now on. As was mentioned, there is no point b/c the buyer always wins.

Ryan

on the flip side, while i understand "no returns on graded books", the problem is that a comic can be encapsulated 6 years ago and receive a grade and sits in a slab, gets banged around, maybe isn't kept in ideal temperatures, etc. and maybe wouldn't get that same grade again as a result....i know, that wouldn't be the case for YOUR book (of course, if you bought it already slabbed, you don't knw the history), but the cgc case isn't like a certified coin (although moisture might F those up too)...it would not take much justling to turn a 9.9 or 9.8 into a 9.6 for example.