• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Widow's incredibly amateur looking new tattoo

249 posts in this topic

deadmaus-tattoo-855.jpg

I'd offer her a :facepalm: but I bet she spends all her waking hours doing it herself.

Do you know the story of this tattoo Dan? lol

Her dad ignored her.

im not sure if this was the same story, but i remember reading about some girl wanting a star tat on her face. she wanted just one, but fell asleep and the "artist" kept drawing stars on her face. i wonder if it was this girl....

thats what she claimed but it was later revealed she wanted the stars so she could look like Kat Von D

deadmaus-tattoo-855.jpg

I'd offer her a :facepalm: but I bet she spends all her waking hours doing it herself.

Her dad ignored her.

im not sure if this was the same story, but i remember reading about some girl wanting a star tat on her face. she wanted just one, but fell asleep and the "artist" kept drawing stars on her face. i wonder if it was this girl....

thats what she claimed but it was later revealed she wanted the stars so she could look like Kat Von D

It's sad someone would do that to themselves.

And here's the idiot who did it.

scarlett-johansson-lucky-you-tattoo-1107-03-600x450.jpg

She doesn't look nearly as good now that she's lost a lot of weight. Hollywood stigmata.

He's not the idiot.

He's actually the smart one here because he took her money for that pile of krap tat. One of the most amateur tattoos I've ever seen. One can only hope that this is the first step in a multi-phase tat, but I'm having serious doubts.

I take that back...

Scarlett Johansson showed off her new “Lucky You” horseshoe tattoo from French graffiti artist and self-taught tattoo artist Fuzi Uvtpk. In case you’re wondering, it’s supposed to look like that. It’s done in his signature “ignorant style” which is “a style that is instantly recognizable for its ironic twist and self-confident assertion.” I guess that’s a good way to sell it.

In any case, can someone tell Scarlett to lift her shirt up higher? I can barely see the tattoo. In fact, just take your shirt off. What? No. I’m just admiring you…r tattoo, that’s all.

So.... I was sort of right?

Yeah, that's really bad but you never know... maybe one of her good friends did it for fun?

My buddy has a "somewhat poorly done tat" but a good friend did it who had no experience AND they knew that going in. Was sort of the fun part about it. They knew it wasn't going to be great but they didn't care. A true friendship bond type of thing and whatever, lots of ugly tattoos out there.

If that was a real tattoo artist with lots of experience and was meant to look good, well.... yikes!

Looks like he's very 'Sailor Jerry' and has a retro look to his work, which I can appreciate - but it's executed very poorly on Scarlett. I've got a couple retro-inspired pieces in my sleeve like nautical stars and swallows, along with a pinup girl/horseshoe, so I can respect the style he's was going for. But his skill at emulating it sucks pretty hard.

Looks like he's very 'Sailor Jerry' and has a retro look to his work, which I can appreciate - but it's executed very poorly on Scarlett. I've got a couple retro-inspired pieces in my sleeve like nautical stars and swallows, along with a pinup girl/horseshoe, so I can respect the style he's was going for. But his skill at emulating it sucks pretty hard.

It's french graffiti artist Fuzi Uvtpk - he's known for his "ignorant" style (eg. crude, thin-lined & very simplistic imagery). Believe it or not, he's pretty friggin' famous in Europe.

deadmaus-tattoo-855.jpg

Her dad ignored her.

im not sure if this was the same story, but i remember reading about some girl wanting a star tat on her face. she wanted just one, but fell asleep and the "artist" kept drawing stars on her face. i wonder if it was this girl.... [/quote

I guess someone already posted the story (page 4 or 5)!

I laughed so hard when she tried to sue the artist! Like anyone would ever fall asleep while they're tattooing your face! :insane:

It's french graffiti artist Fuzi Uvtpk - he's known for his "ignorant" style (eg. crude, thin-lined & very simplistic imagery). Believe it or not, he's pretty friggin' famous in Europe.

rob liefeld is also very famous. he's known for pouches and not drawing feet. just saying

I laughed so hard when she tried to sue the artist! Like anyone would ever fall asleep while they're tattooing your face! :insane:

I thought about that too but maybe they are allowed to anaesthetize you during a tat?

He's actually the smart one here because he took her money for that pile of krap tat. One of the most amateur tattoos I've ever seen. One can only hope that this is the first step in a multi-phase tat, but I'm having serious doubts.

I don't follow tattoo art so forgive me for asking but what makes her tattoo so terrible?

I don't know what the intent of the tattoo is, have no idea what it means to her b/c I'm not her so on that basis I'm not sure why anybody thinks they know what it means or why she got it and therefore how can one say its krappy in that regard? How would they know?

As for the style, I don't know anything about this artist or what he was going after but do all tattoos fit into nice, tiny little boxes of "style"? Is there a defined set of rules for what a tattoo is supposed to look like?

If she told him what she wanted it to look like or he told/showed her how he was going to do it, and if she likes it, then imo he nailed it. It's art, is it not?

Of course this is the internet where everyone knows everything.

I thought about that too but maybe they are allowed to anaesthetize you during a tat?

Yes, but it's only a local anesthetic, nothing that would make you sleep.

Yes, but it's only a local anesthetic, nothing that would make you sleep.

Huh, looks like she lied because her dad was upset. She wanted them all along.