• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

This is most likely another "DUH...of COURSE" statement....but since there's been a dip in Showcase 22 prices recently.....it may not be a totally inappropriate time to gun for those as well....I'd expect an across the board bump for all of the main JLA characters (OBVIOUS MAN STRIKES AGAIN!)

And maybe not so obvious: LOBO. They've been trying to work out a solo movie for him forever...rumors are abound that they're setting up something in or before the JLA movie. First appearance of LOBO is definitely what you'd call affordable still on almost any budget.

lol, cute.

I believe there is only one WP copy of our beloved BB28 - it's a 7.5 and owned by a boardie :cloud9:

I have had ow/w, ow, c/ow, lt/ow, sb (no brittle copies), but NEVER white pages......

if you ask me, the Heritage prices were modest, not excessive. The 5.5 was the nicest presenting of the bunch, and the 6.0 was nice with ow/w pages too....but nothing superduper..... had that 7.0 been ow/w and/or looked sharper, i'd think we'd see $11K (shut, i'd probably bid $10K).

I had a check ready to send for the 7.5 WP'er and the deal did not work out. :sorry:

I remember you offered silly money for it. Seller's remorse or not enough to pry it loose?

This is most likely another "DUH...of COURSE" statement....but since there's been a dip in Showcase 22 prices recently.....it may not be a totally inappropriate time to gun for those as well....I'd expect an across the board bump for all of the main JLA characters (OBVIOUS MAN STRIKES AGAIN!)

And maybe not so obvious: LOBO. They've been trying to work out a solo movie for him forever...rumors are abound that they're setting up something in or before the JLA movie. First appearance of LOBO is definitely what you'd call affordable still on almost any budget.

Well these copies were accumulated earlier before the run-up. :cloud9:

Comic_4.jpg

RADA7F152011831_185751.jpg

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Supergirl in Man of Steel Prequel:

Wal-Mart began selling tickets for Man Of Steel on May 18th. Apparently, with every ticket, you could download a free Man Of Steel prequel digital comic, written by screenwriter David Goyer And drawn by Jerry Ordway.

And it seems starring a certain Kara…

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/18/supergirl-in-the-man-of-steel-prequel/

Cool! My son picked up 4 tickets, I'll have to ask him if he downloaded this digital prequel and check it out.

There's a CGC 6.5 copy that just went up on comic link.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3D%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26SearchPageQuality%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DNEW%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D32%26y%3D12%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=974158

:news: Never mind, it's SOLD

Price: $5,750 :o

I'm kinda suspect about that copy.. Looks like one of collectors comics' spine realignment experiment, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, the book sold for a nice price

Good eye - it does appear to have a reverse-spineroll going on hm

pretty sure I sold that copy fairly recently. No spine realignment as the serial # Appears same

Good to hear (thumbs u This book is pretty to look at.

Supergirl in Man of Steel Prequel:

Wal-Mart began selling tickets for Man Of Steel on May 18th. Apparently, with every ticket, you could download a free Man Of Steel prequel digital comic, written by screenwriter David Goyer And drawn by Jerry Ordway.

And it seems starring a certain Kara…

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/18/supergirl-in-the-man-of-steel-prequel/

Cool! My son picked up 4 tickets, I'll have to ask him if he downloaded this digital prequel and check it out.

There's a CGC 6.5 copy that just went up on comic link.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3D%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26SearchPageQuality%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DNEW%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D32%26y%3D12%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=974158

:news: Never mind, it's SOLD

Price: $5,750 :o

I'm kinda suspect about that copy.. Looks like one of collectors comics' spine realignment experiment, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, the book sold for a nice price

Good eye - it does appear to have a reverse-spineroll going on hm

pretty sure I sold that copy fairly recently. No spine realignment as the serial # Appears same

Good to hear (thumbs u This book is pretty to look at.

It's about time people started listening to me... :preach:

Comic_4.jpg

Wow, you have 2 copies? I have one raw one.

138053.jpg.24a432170446a696d3b9404b77c3b594.jpg

Comic_4.jpg

Wow, you have 2 copies? I have one raw one.

Your raw copy looks very nice! I have two lower grades too! ;)

Best time to buy BB28 was in 2009 and 2010. I miss those days.

2003/2004 was even better.

Very true Tim. Not to mention, Brave and the Bold 28 has been quite stagnant between 2006-2010. By the way it's performing, it has taken back the second spot for the top DC SA key.

I'm wondering how long this heat streak will last..

At the risk of sounding ignorant, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's gotta be the movie speculation. So until that cools off expect more heat.

Sorry to come in late, and this question has probably been answered many times, but it appears that a greater percentage of this books PQ is CR to OW. Is this the case?

Anyway, here's my copy. Sorry for the fuzzy scan.

BB28CGC45front001.jpg

FYI I have sold all 5 of my cgc 6.5s now. Got a lead on 2 more copies but I will likely end up paying more than I sold the first 3 for doh!

Just my 2 cents gentlemen:

BB28 is "hot", yes - but these recent prices aren't as high (relaitvely) as many think.

For example, GPA on a 6.0 was $2500 i believe up until very recently. Reality of it is that 6.0s were selling for minimum $3500 (more like $4000+)....... most of these BB28 sales were private

My sense is that the pricing now is closer to a reasonable market price - based on demand, relative character strength and overall rarity ....... add movie speculation to that, and you have higher pricing than where we are today.

Just my 2 cents.

I concur. The private sales were around that realm and hadn't been picked up by the GPA.

This is sort of what we were discussing in the GPA thread you started: private sellers are clued into what the pricing should be.....and somehow, some way in spite of the GPA not reflecting the proper value....when there are public sales it eventually demonstrates the price correction. Then the GPA becomes more current and things move on from there higher or lower accordingly.

I also agree that the pricing has been modest primarily because the trickle up effect takes a bit longer to correct said pricing.

There'll be more selling in days to come, I'm eager to see what happens next.