• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Speaking of 8.0's, this just popped onto Heritage's February 18-20 Signature Auction Preview:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-brave-and-the-bold-28-justice-league-of-america-savannah-pedigree-dc-1960-cgc-vf-80-cream-to-off-white-pagesandlt-/p/7124-152001.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515#

Such a pretty book, and a pedigree no less :luhv:

Nice book. Really early for a Savanah copy.

Maybe someone is going to get lucky and acquire that SC4 and BB28 for a matching pedigreed set! :think:

Compared to the other 5.0 copies that have been on the market (faded colors, pieces missing, etc) this copy looked much nicer.

Compared to the other 5.0 copies that have been on the market (faded colors, pieces missing, etc) this copy looked much nicer.

Are you saying that this copy was undergraded or that the other previous copies were overgraded? hm

I am simply stating that this copy was a superior copy. Nothing else.

I am not sure. If there was a copy of #28 in the mix as well at OSPG I would say take all three if needed. B&B #29 and #30 should see a bit of a premium to OSPG, but moreso in higher grades.

Are you saying that this copy was undergraded or that the other previous copies were overgraded? hm

I am simply stating that this copy was a superior copy. Nothing else.

+1

It is amazing how an accurately graded copy can look that much better than other copies floating around. lol

In any case, B&B #28 should see a nice run up over the next couple of years along with the associated 1st SA appearances of the associated characters. (thumbs u

I am not sure. If there was a copy of #28 in the mix as well at OSPG I would say take all three if needed. B&B #29 and #30 should see a bit of a premium to OSPG, but moreso in higher grades.

Kinda what I'm thinking. These two books seem to get ignored loudly!

Unfortunately how it is ala showcase 23/24 saw a slight bump, but I would think (I didn't look at any numbers) but JLA 1 would outperform just like I think GL1 outperformed 23/24.

Speaking of 8.0's, this just popped onto Heritage's February 18-20 Signature Auction Preview:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-brave-and-the-bold-28-justice-league-of-america-savannah-pedigree-dc-1960-cgc-vf-80-cream-to-off-white-pagesandlt-/p/7124-152001.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515#

So what happens when proxy bidding ends on the 18th? Folks can't bid via the internet anymore? Then it goes to live bidding on site?

How can someone win these Heritage auctions online if the live bidding follows the online bids? I'm confused.

I know that I've straight up won auctions before at Heritage without having to worry about folks bidding after my highest winning bid.....my brain hurts. :(

So what happens when proxy bidding ends on the 18th? Folks can't bid via the internet anymore? Then it goes to live bidding on site?

How can someone win these Heritage auctions online if the live bidding follows the online bids? I'm confused.

I know that I've straight up won auctions before at Heritage without having to worry about folks bidding after my highest winning bid.....my brain hurts. :(

Maybe you are thinking of the way they used to run their Sunday weekly auctions, when they had a set end time and no live bidding?

You can still win with an Internet bid, of course, provided no one outbids you in the live bidding. It can be a real time commitment with these quarterly auctions to sweat through a lot of books that you aren't interested in waiting for the book(s) you are interested in to come up.

Maybe you are thinking of the way they used to run their Sunday weekly auctions, when they had a set end time and no live bidding?

You can still win with an Internet bid, of course, provided no one outbids you in the live bidding. It can be a real time commitment with these quarterly auctions to sweat through a lot of books that you aren't interested in waiting for the book(s) you are interested in to come up.

Did they use to run the auctions differently? Not that I'm some sort of Heritage expert, but I distinctly remember bidding online in 3 auctions....I had the highest bid and that was that...no worries someone was going to outbid me after the hammer dropped.