• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

Not sure what you mean by fugly most BB28 have cream to off white pages and most look like this and some a lot worse in the same grade range.

Edited by Hulk1962

You are going to pay a ''lot'' more for a BB28 with no to minimal issues in cgc 6.0 to 8.0. It is like TTA 27 and SC4 they are all very hard books to find with nice eye appeal.

I know 1st hand I purchased a CGC 6.0 with almost no issues at all on the book but almost paid 8400$ for it.

To my knowledge most BB28 have issues of some kind or another I mean this is a book from 1960.

Link to the 6.0 I purchased from Heritage Auction (at the time of auction 8400$ was and is still a lot but when you find a BB28 with very nice eye appeal you must not miss your chance):

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-brave-and-the-bold-28-justice-league-of-america-dc-1960-cgc-fn-60-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7147-91236.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by Hulk1962

I agree that it is a tough book without any issues. FWIW, I would rather have your 6.0 than the 7.0 with the heavier tanning.

I snagged a nice 4.5 and a nice 5.0 that have great eye appeal for the grade due to the main issues being on the back cover. Unfortunately, neither has better than CR-OW pages.

cgcBraveamp%20Bold%2028A_zpsp2gymgca.jpg

cgcBrave%20and%20Bold%2028D_zpsmhlpegfp.jpg

Edited by kimik

I agree that it is a tough book without any issues. FWIW, I would rather have your 6.0 than the 7.0 with the heavier tanning.

I snagged a nice 4.5 and a nice 5.0 that have great eye appeal for the grade due to the main issues being on the back cover. Unfortunately, neither has better than CR-OW pages.

cgcBraveamp%20Bold%2028A_zpsp2gymgca.jpg

cgcBrave%20and%20Bold%2028D_zpsmhlpegfp.jpg

That is a solid looking 4.5 congrats!!

Someone paid BIG money for this raw copy....which was incorrectly listed as a JLA issue.

Looked very sharp, but no way I would even sniff that amount without seeing it in-hand first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-Justice-League-of-America-No-28-March-1959-Comic-Book-/401114995738?hash=item5d64511c1a:g:IScAAOSw3mpXJ83h

Someone paid BIG money for this raw copy....which was incorrectly listed as a JLA issue.

Looked very sharp, but no way I would even sniff that amount without seeing it in-hand first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Comics-Justice-League-of-America-No-28-March-1959-Comic-Book-/401114995738?hash=item5d64511c1a:g:IScAAOSw3mpXJ83h

That is crazy!!

That is crazy!!

Yep was interested in that book. I asked the seller if there was any resto at all but he never answered me back. So i passed.

That is crazy!!

Yep was interested in that book. I asked the seller if there was any resto at all but he never answered me back. So i passed.

That is a big red flag good move on passing. That book is not worth 10 000$. Congrats on your 5.5!!

Edited by Hulk1962

That is crazy!!

I was as well, but wasn't going past $6k. I was also interested in the Action 252 they had up, but got similarly smashed.

Hope the buyers were able to view those books in person before bidding. If not, they took a very, very big risk. On items over $1000 the return process gets more complicated.

That is crazy!!

That is a big red flag good move on passing. That book is not worth 10 000$. Congrats on your 5.5!!

Thanks (thumbs u

Thanks. The 4.5 will be heading for regrading in a bit to see what happens. :wishluck:

What if it comes back a 4.0?

Then I am a bit disappointed but still well in the money on it. lol

Everyone that has seen it in hand has said it is very strictly graded and some have said it would possibly hit a 6.0 on a good day. The last person to say that called the upgrade on my old label CGC 4.5 Avengers #4 to a 6.5 correctly so I am hoping he is right again. :wishluck:

Thanks. The 4.5 will be heading for regrading in a bit to see what happens. :wishluck:

What if it comes back a 4.0?

Then I am a bit disappointed but still well in the money on it. lol

Everyone that has seen it in hand has said it is very strictly graded and some have said it would possibly hit a 6.0 on a good day. The last person to say that called the upgrade on my old label CGC 4.5 Avengers #4 to a 6.5 correctly so I am hoping he is right again. :wishluck:

What do the notes say?