• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

So should I buy a copy now or later?

Now?

Or later?

Now?

Or later?

Now?

Or later?

You should wait until later when the price has doubled.

I really think now is the time as opposed to later. When Batman v Superman goes insano and the real JL movie talk hits, I think this and some other relatively undervalued DC keys will skyrocket so high they will need a stewardess on them. Just my opinion (and no I'm not trying to sell any lol)

DC keys still have a ways to go to catch up to the gains on a lot of the bigger Marvel SA keys, so there is still plenty of room to go for B&B #28 and others IMHO. The only question I have now is how high will B&B #28 go - will it hit $2000+/grade point like the bigger Marvel SA keys? It is the second biggest DC SA key next to SC #4..........

The only question I have now is how high will B&B #28 go - will it hit $2000+/grade point like the bigger Marvel SA keys? It is the second biggest DC SA key next to SC #4..........

We're already at that $ / gradepoint category at CGC 7.5 and above. (and that's just the GPA sales) I think it's reasonable to think that trend will continue across the board as things evolve.

The only question I have now is how high will B&B #28 go - will it hit $2000+/grade point like the bigger Marvel SA keys? It is the second biggest DC SA key next to SC #4..........

We're already at that $ / gradepoint category at CGC 7.5 and above. (and that's just the GPA sales) I think it's reasonable to think that trend will continue across the board as things evolve.

Have seen 6.0 sell for $11.5k and $11k - which is dangerously close to $2k/point.

Know of at least one 5.5 that sold for over $8k.

The question becomes when will GPA catch-up....because that is when larger market pricing will react/become accepted.

So should I buy a copy now or later?

Now?

Or later?

Now?

Or later?

Now?

Or later?

You should wait until later when the price has doubled.

lol

That is my typical strategy!

Have seen 6.0 sell for $11.5k and $11k - which is dangerously close to $2k/point.

The question becomes when will GPA catch-up....because that is when larger market pricing will react/become accepted.

GPA is fairly useless, they'll record 1 recent sale and then compare it to another sale at another time in the past. So if someone out of the clear blue paid a million dollars for a 6.0, does that mean the new going price for a 6.0 is now a million? No.

GPA is fairly useless, they'll record 1 recent sale and then compare it to another sale at another time in the past. So if someone out of the clear blue paid a million dollars for a 6.0, does that mean the new going price for a 6.0 is now a million? No.

I agree it is not the "answer." My point was just that it does drive market pricing to a degree and it legitimizes sales in a way that can be productive.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is "useless," I actually feel quite the opposite. In particular, if someone pays a million bucks for a 6.0, that is important and relevant to market pricing. Will it mean that all 6.0s now go for a million bucks, definitely not. However, it will mean that pricing will and should increase to some extent.

It goes without saying that one data point does not make a trend. :shrug:

wow...I've had my sweet 5.5 at $5500 without a nibble last 2 cons...admittedly I've decided to pull from sales inventory and wait out the market, but maybe I need to pay more attention...

wow...I've had my sweet 5.5 at $5500 without a nibble last 2 cons...admittedly I've decided to pull from sales inventory and wait out the market, but maybe I need to pay more attention...

I wouldn't sell it for less than $8k, cons don't seem to be treating the book well. The market on this book is smaller, but growing. More movie announcements and trailers will only accelerate it IMHO.

In fairness I haven't seen strong sales in grades below 5.0 personally. So it is a bit of a tale of two cities.

You are definitely the expert though. I just dabble.

I wouldn't sell it for less than $8k, cons don't seem to be treating the book well. The market on this book is smaller, but growing. More movie announcements and trailers will only accelerate it IMHO.

In fairness I haven't seen strong sales in grades below 5.0 personally. So it is a bit of a tale of two cities.

Wait, so he has had it priced at $5500 and had no interest, so your advice is to price it at $8000?

hm

Edited by thunsicker

Wait, so he has had it priced at $5500 and had no interest, so your advice is to price it at $8000?

hm

hm

It's not quite that simple. However if you want to reduce it to that then, sure that is the jist of what I said.

Good talk.

Gooooooooood talk....

We've been up and down the "GPA isn't complete" road quite a few times.

Having said that, I don't have access to everyone's secret sales data and am limited to what I know personally and what I see listed online via GPA or other sources.

It's not a perfect system, but it sure beats shooting from the hip in the dark.

I would be interested in your 5.5 at that price...... :baiting:

no one at the cons were...but, I realize that certain books sell better in certain venues...

no one at the cons were...but, I realize that certain books sell better in certain venues...

With 5.0s going for $5500 now, you could probably get $6K for a nice 5.5 now.

With 5.0s going for $5500 now, you could probably get $6K for a nice 5.5 now.

:baiting:

More. You can get more!